PDA

View Full Version : Shot at 3rd consecutive Final Four tips off Sunday at 1:00 on ESPN

starkvegasdawg
03-30-2019, 10:06 AM
Time to put duck on the menu.

And allow me to add Oregon sure had some weird looking fans from the crowd shots last night.

KOdawg1
03-30-2019, 10:10 AM
It's basically a home game for Oregon. I was there last night and for our game, 90% of the arena were Oregon fans and they were cheering against us. This will be a tough test, but Vic will have us ready

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 10:28 AM
So basically UConn and Oregon have a home court advantage as a No, 2 seed, as long as they are in the tourney, all the way up until the Final Four, but we are rewarded,as a No 1 seed. by having to travel across the country. Unless Memphis, Birmingham, or Nashville place site bids, and can win in the bidding war, then it will remain like this in the future. Just to clarify, our game tomorrow will be broadcast on ESPN2.

Cooterpoot
03-30-2019, 10:30 AM
And they took care of SC too. The NCAA is only concern with money, not fair play.

Dawgcap
03-30-2019, 12:32 PM
And they took care of SC too. The NCAA is only concern with money, not fair play.

We were the last 1 seed. Tell me where we should of been different.

basedog
03-30-2019, 12:36 PM
The way I look at this is more motivation for Vic and players. Yes the Ducks are in a more "Comfort Atmosphere" but that also adds more pressure.

Pay back time, btw what worked before for the Ducks against us only prepares us for the second time.

msbulldog
03-30-2019, 02:18 PM
Our Girls have not forgotten the last game against Oregon. especially Sweet T! We will embarrass them in their home state!

Dawg2003
03-30-2019, 03:32 PM
Oregon hasn't looked great lately, but I exercise caution because we haven't played a hard schedule.

WSOPdawg
03-30-2019, 04:36 PM
So basically UConn and Oregon have a home court advantage as a No, 2 seed, as long as they are in the tourney, all the way up until the Final Four, but we are rewarded,as a No 1 seed. by having to travel across the country. Unless Memphis, Birmingham, or Nashville place site bids, and can win in the bidding war, then it will remain like this in the future. Just to clarify, our game tomorrow will be broadcast on ESPN2.

Imagine the bitching UCONN would do if they had to travel to Memphis as #1 seed and we were the #2 seed.

WSOPdawg
03-30-2019, 04:38 PM

What should have been different is the PAC-12 tourney winner (Stanford, over Oregon) should have been the #2 on the West Coast in Portland with Oregon being shipped East as a #2 (ie, no home court advantage).

DawgRockur
03-30-2019, 05:13 PM

Youre very confused. We should be no where different. Oregon should be elsewhere.

Dawgcap
03-30-2019, 06:39 PM
Youre very confused. We should be no where different. Oregon should be elsewhere.

So Oregon as a top 6 team should move. UCONN also. See the problem is we are where we should be. We have a tough Elite 8 but for anyone to bitch about brackets after a straight easy trip to Elite 8 is embarrassing. Wanna question Baylor against a 4 seed South Carolina or Louisville vs UCONN? The sites are 17d I agree but we were blessed with this draw. Tell me again how I’m wrong

Dawgcap
03-30-2019, 06:45 PM
Tell me how you set this bracket without being impartial towards State. You can’t. Because every decision is based on your State bias. Bottom line is if we are the overall Number 1 we were still screwed because the sites aren’t set for the SEC. But keep complaining. I’m happy where we are at because we have had a great road and we have the opportunity to beat a team that beat us. If we can’t then I say they are better.

Cooterpoot
03-30-2019, 07:44 PM

The problem is the NCAA sets up the sites to pull fans from certain programs. They cater to ND, UConn, SC, & Oregon. After they specifically stated the 2 seeds would have to travel this year. It’s not where we got sent. It’s that the lower seed didn’t get sent to other sites. It’s about the $$$. Not the competition. Lower seeds getting home games is laughable at this point.

Dawg2003
03-30-2019, 08:59 PM
They aren't catering to Oregon. They are picking a site on the assumption a PAC 12 team will be a top team.

maroonmania
03-30-2019, 09:09 PM
They aren't catering to Oregon. They are picking a site on the assumption a PAC 12 team will be a top team.

Well they shouldn't be catering to Oregon. Oregon isn't a historically top program and they've never even been to a final four. In 2017-2018 Oregon wasn't even in the Top 20 of average home basketball attendance at 4255 per game.

R2Dawg
03-30-2019, 09:10 PM
OK but why should a 1 seed travel across country and play basically a home game against 2 seed?

As others have posted, I do like the motivation factor, although motivation shouldn't be an issue at this stage of tourney. Vic should have advantage and get to gameplan after game in Dec.

Dawgcap
03-30-2019, 09:14 PM
The problem is the NCAA sets up the sites to pull fans from certain programs. They cater to ND, UConn, SC, & Oregon. After they specifically stated the 2 seeds would have to travel this year. It’s not where we got sent. It’s that the lower seed didn’t get sent to other sites. It’s about the $$$. Not the competition. Lower seeds getting home games is laughable at this point.

Bull. They went with a bid 2-3 years ago. No one in our area won the bid. This ain’t a conspiracy. We are where we should be because we are a straight number 4 team. I hate people complaining about a NCAA and tv reaction to selling a sport. Guess what? The matchups in the Elite 8 are impressive and we honestly got a good draw. No conspiracy

Dawgcap
03-30-2019, 09:17 PM
OK but why should a 1 seed travel across country and play basically a home game against 2 seed?

As others have posted, I do like the motivation factor, although motivation shouldn't be an issue at this stage of tourney. Vic should have advantage and get to gameplan after game in Dec.
Because we was the 4 th seed and unfortunately they are gonna keep a 2 seed close to home. Why would you bring someone else to the area. If we beat Oregon early in the year we ain’t there

Cooterpoot
03-30-2019, 09:18 PM
Again, I’m not arguing about where we are. It’s about where Oregon is. And again, the NCAA themselves, stated 2 seeds would travel.

maroonmania
03-30-2019, 09:18 PM

Same reason the first 2 rounds of the NCAA women's tournament are played on home courts. And that is $$$$. NCAA has no intention of having a regional site anywhere with a bunch of teams from 2000 miles away that nobody locally cares about.

Ezsoil
03-30-2019, 10:07 PM

What is sad is they gave the Greensboro regional to Baylor and they don't travel at all...it was basically empty today ....I bet there won't be 5,000 there on Monday

Ari Gold
03-30-2019, 10:43 PM
Would y’all rather be 2 playing against Baylor , or Louisville or ND ?
Or a one and playing closer to home and playing against UConn?

We were the last 1 seed truth be told we should be playing UConn if they do it by the book. Lousiville is who really got screwed with the seeding

It sucks we had to travel west , but damn people I will take playing Oregon all day long to get to the final four

basedog
03-31-2019, 07:27 AM
Would y’all rather be 2 playing against Baylor , or Louisville or ND ?
Or a one and playing closer to home and playing against UConn?

We were the last 1 seed truth be told we should be playing UConn if they do it by the book. Louisville is who really got screwed with the seeding

It sucks we had to travel west , but damn people I will take playing Oregon all day long to get to the final four

I feel the same, I imagine the Ducks are pretty worried about the game today and I'm pretty sure our players and Coaches ain't thinking about where we are playing. Should be a good game regardless, we are a much better team than what happened early in the season.

Dawg2003
03-31-2019, 07:51 AM
I just can't stand Oregon now. Their players flop, and it makes me sick.

DancingRabbit
03-31-2019, 09:54 AM
Here's a good article I ran across yesterday. I think Vic and our girls will be ready for some payback today.

https://highposthoops.com/2019/03/30/mississippi-state-defining-season-begins-now-ncaa-tournament/#