PDA

View Full Version : Are We Going to Have a Pitcher Step Up Today?

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2019, 09:51 AM
This is why SEC teams do so well in Omaha IMO. No matter how good you are, the SEC has a way of sharpening you up.

We need someone to step up today & give us some real innings on the mound. That & solidifying our defense is what this team desperately needs.

Cooterpoot
03-30-2019, 10:03 AM
Probably will have 8 step up.

MetEdDawg
03-30-2019, 10:04 AM
This is why SEC teams do so well in Omaha IMO. No matter how good you are, the SEC has a way of sharpening you up.

We need someone to step up today & give us some real innings on the mound. That & solidifying our defense is what this team desperately needs.

I like the bluntness of Lemonis. Based on his press conference after the game he was pretty straightforward about saying the team didn't compete well and that they needed to do better.

I have a feeling a lot of guys step up to the challenge today and we win this game. I can't imagine he held anything back after last night. It was a bad effort and I don't think he's afraid to tell the team that. And considering how experienced we are I think this team can handle some ass chewing.

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2019, 10:39 AM
Plumlee is starting

ShotgunDawg
03-30-2019, 10:44 AM
And BTW, I think last night will turn out to be good for Ginn.

For a kid thats likely dominated most every game he’s pitched in his life, it had likely become difficult for him to know where his weaknesses were and last night exposed some things he’s got to work on.

Now he can begin to refine his skill set in preparation for the postseason

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 10:50 AM
I like the bluntness of Lemonis. Based on his press conference after the game he was pretty straightforward about saying the team didn't compete well and that they needed to do better.

I have a feeling a lot of guys step up to the challenge today and we win this game. I can't imagine he held anything back after last night. It was a bad effort and I don't think he's afraid to tell the team that. And considering how experienced we are I think this team can handle some ass chewing.

That miscommunication on that fly ball by Rowdey and Jake could have turned into something really bad for one or both of them. I"m glad that neither one got injured from that communication breakdown.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 11:01 AM

For a kid thats likely dominated most every game he’s pitched in his life, it had likely become difficult for him to know where his weaknesses were and last night exposed some things he’s got to work on.

It should be a good learning experience, because a freshman pitcher has not seen a batting lineup like LSU brings to the plate, when he was pitching in high school.

Saltydog
03-30-2019, 11:17 AM
Plumlee is starting

He will get ROCKED. He hasn't been good in his last two appearances. Course, there aren't many other options.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 11:28 AM
He will get ROCKED. He hasn't been good in his last two appearances. Course, there aren't many other options.

He has to stay in a pitcher's count with these LSU's batters to even have a chance for a potential successful outing. If he gets behind hitters and the count ends up favorable to the batters, then I think there will be some balls off the LSU bats that will be greeting the LFL grills. He can't afford to get in a batter's count with most of LSU's hitters or they will make him pay for sure. This game could turn into a slug fest like the Auburn game did. Especially if the Ump has a hitter friendly strike zone.

Dawg2003
03-30-2019, 11:36 AM

Thoughts and prayers.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
03-30-2019, 11:42 AM

Yea, considering he was knocked around by Valley Tuesday night, I’m not expecting him to last very long unless he reverts back to late 2017 season form.

HoopsDawg
03-30-2019, 11:42 AM

I don't get how Plumlee has earned this. Keegan would be dominate in midweek. I don't see how you play Allen over Hatcher at 1B. Hatcher is good defensively.

MetEdDawg
03-30-2019, 11:43 AM
Honestly I would start Barlow, see if he can go 3. Then I would go Eagan and see if I could get 2. Then I would throw best available every inning.

LSU has shown susceptibility to LHP. We could use that to our advantage. Maybe go Plumlee for 2-3 then do that? Either way, I would use Barlow and Eagan today and hope they can get it done.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 12:00 PM
Honestly I would start Barlow, see if he can go 3. Then I would go Eagan and see if I could get 2. Then I would throw best available every inning.

LSU has shown susceptibility to LHP. We could use that to our advantage. Maybe go Plumlee for 2-3 then do that? Either way, I would use Barlow and Eagan today and hope they can get it done.

I guess the coaching staff felt that Plumlee was the best option at this point in time, but I would sure like to have been a fly on the wall listening to how they came up with that decision.

msbulldog
03-30-2019, 12:20 PM

I really like Lemonis so far, being 23-5 helps that. It seems like the players really like him and he makes decisions that are hard to argue with. Recruiting looks good, seems like the IB made a good hire.

GreenheadDawg
03-30-2019, 12:21 PM
Prepare for Plummee to get shelled.

MarketingBully
03-30-2019, 12:50 PM

We only need him to go through the lineup once. You never know. He might surprise you. I just want a clean first inning personally. If we can get that, I think we win this game going away.

MarketingBully
03-30-2019, 12:51 PM
I really like Lemonis so far, being 23-5 helps that. It seems like the players really like him and he makes decisions that are hard to argue with. Recruiting looks good, seems like the IB made a good hire.

He’s 24-4 and after today will be 25-4.

Cooterpoot
03-30-2019, 12:56 PM
Let’s not forget their starter has a 6+ era.

The Federalist Engineer
03-30-2019, 01:02 PM
Plumlee is starting

Last time he faced LSU ... it was after 6 shutdown innings of Pilkington... the Plum got rocked and we lost Game-1 of the Super Regional... but that was a nation championship runner up LSU team

Today is another day, who knows

msbulldog
03-30-2019, 01:04 PM
He’s 24-4 and after today will be 25-4.

Sorry my bad, working off a dysfunctional memory that's pretty old!

Lord McBuckethead
03-30-2019, 05:38 PM

For a kid thats likely dominated most every game he?s pitched in his life, it had likely become difficult for him to know where his weaknesses were and last night exposed some things he?s got to work on.

Well he sure did serve up a bunch of beach balls with a 1-2 count. Then our guys booted them.

MarketingBully
03-30-2019, 05:57 PM
Sorry my bad, working off a dysfunctional memory that's pretty old!

It’s okay you turned out to get the loss count right. We played likeshit today but Plumlee didn’t get rocked. Going through the lineup once 4 strikeouts of the six outs but was touched for one run. He wasn’t the issue today.

West Tn Dawg
03-30-2019, 07:29 PM
No, but they all stepped DOWN!

HoopsDawg
03-30-2019, 07:35 PM

Welp, Keegan and Barlow stepped up. 0 runs allowed. Problem is, they only pitched 2 1/3 innings combined.