PDA

View Full Version : Friday night score update

MetEdDawg
03-30-2019, 08:11 AM
#1 UCLA loses to USC 7-2. That's a big loss for them against a sub .500 PAC 12 team. They still have 2 games to play in that series.

#11 Louisville Friday DH sweeps Wake Forest. They go for the sweep today.

#4 Georgia gets blanked by Kentucky 5-0. Georgia won game 1 of the series Thursday so the rubber match for them is today.

#8 Arkansas beats #24 Ole Miss 5-3

#15 Auburn, #6 Vandy, #23 Florida, and #10 Texas A&M all take care of their unranked SEC opponents.

#5 NC State loses to Virginia 4-3

#3 Stanford beats Washington State 7-1

#14 East Carolina blanks South Florida 4-0

#7 Oregon State beats Washington 1-0

I know yesterday sucked, but #1, #4, and #5 all lost yesterday to unranked opponents. Today is gonna be a grind but we've got to win at all costs. Might get us to #1 and really give us a boost into the next 2 series which we could very much sweep. And it would give us that mental edge over LSU which is always important. Take 2 of 3 from them and that's where we need to be. 6-3 with @UF, Auburn, and LSU under our belts would definitely a notch in our belts.

msbulldog
03-30-2019, 08:18 AM
Thanks MetEd.

basedog
03-30-2019, 08:18 AM
#1 UCLA loses to USC 7-2. That's a big loss for them against a sub .500 PAC 12 team. They still have 2 games to play in that series.

#4 Georgia gets blanked by Kentucky 5-0. Georgia won game 1 of the series Thursday so the rubber match for them is today.

#15 Auburn, #6 Vandy, #23 Florida, and #10 Texas A&M all take care of their unranked SEC opponents.

I know yesterday sucked, but #1, #4, and #5 all lost yesterday to unranked opponents. Today is gonna be a grind but we've got to win at all costs. Might get us to #1 and really give us a boost into the next 2 series which we could very much sweep. And it would give us that mental edge over LSU which is always important. Take 2 of 3 from them and that's where we need to be. 6-4 with @UF, Auburn, and LSU under our belts would definitely a notch in our belts.

I could care less about being ranked #1 right now, I'm a little concerned about pitching today and Lsu bats have come alive. Also they have been lights out from their pen. They can hit and play good D, let's hope we come ready to play today.

Political Hack
03-30-2019, 08:23 AM
If we stay atop the SEC we'll eventually be #1. Although I do like knowing how the other teams are doing week to week. We're likely going to run I to several in that list if we make a super/CWS this year.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-30-2019, 08:23 AM

I know yesterday sucked, but #1, #4, and #5 all lost yesterday to unranked opponents. Today is gonna be a grind but we've got to win at all costs. Might get us to #1 and really give us a boost into the next 2 series which we could very much sweep. And it would give us that mental edge over LSU which is always important. Take 2 of 3 from them and that's where we need to be. 6-4 with @UF, Auburn, and LSU under our belts would definitely a notch in our belts.

Good info. Much appreciated. To clarify, if we win today we would be 6-3. Not 6-4.

MetEdDawg
03-30-2019, 08:30 AM
Good info. Much appreciated. To clarify, if we win today we would be 6-3. Not 6-4.

I'm colorblind so I have a difficult time with math.....thanks for the correction!

AlSwearengen
03-30-2019, 08:30 AM
I would like to see us beat lsu (because i hate them). Take over number 1 for two or three weeks and then go on a short swoon, dropping to #4 or #5, giving us a reality check so we can go into the stretch in the right state of mind. I still want to win the SEC but that isn’t the be all end all. We have SEC championships.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-30-2019, 10:15 AM
I would like to see us beat lsu (because i hate them). Take over number 1 for two or three weeks and then go on a short swoon, dropping to #4 or #5, giving us a reality check so we can go into the stretch in the right state of mind. I still want to win the SEC but that isn’t the be all end all. We have SEC championships.

^^^^^This. I’d like to be #1 but I also think we need a tough stretch before tournament time to get us focused on Omaha.

MetEdDawg
03-30-2019, 11:15 AM
^^^^^This. I’d like to be #1 but I also think we need a tough stretch before tournament time to get us focused on Omaha.

We have a team that's been to Omaha before. Not sure why they need to lose games to focus. Not sure anyone can provide any statistical backing for why losing at "the right time" is better than just winning as many games as possible.