PDA

View Full Version : Our right side of the infield is trash

trob115
03-29-2019, 09:08 PM
we really miss Stovall. Also, Allen needs to sit and or DH.

Dawg2003
03-29-2019, 09:12 PM
I'm so over Allen. He's a dead end at bat.

99jc
03-29-2019, 09:26 PM
Just left the game. We damn sure better win tomorrow. I think we know our biggest weakness now infield. And 17 u whoever sold their tickets to those corn dog bastards behind me. That is all

ScooterDog
03-29-2019, 09:39 PM
Amen, trob. He really stunk it up tonight. Maybe he's the best we got. I hope not. We need a change at 1st.

Todd4State
03-29-2019, 09:55 PM
We miss Stovall and LA defensively. It is what it is.

Homedawg
03-29-2019, 11:09 PM

Fact.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 11:13 PM
Hard to believe we don't have some MIFs on this roster that can play plus defense.

lefty96
03-29-2019, 11:21 PM
Hard to believe we don't have some MIFs on this roster that can play plus defense.

Let’s start hoping for average then go from there.

Todd4State
03-29-2019, 11:29 PM

Part of it is we were spoiled by what we had up the middle for 2-3 years with Stovall, Gridley, and LA. Halter had a bad night. But he's not bad. Westburg is still learning the position to a degree and I think he has done OK. He will get better. Most of the errors on any team typically come from the SS position. Halter's error was partially on Allen for coming off the bad too far.

Homedawg
03-29-2019, 11:33 PM
Part of it is we were spoiled by what we had up the middle for 2-3 years with Stovall, Gridley, and LA. Halter had a bad night. But he's not bad. Westburg is still learning the position to a degree and I think he has done OK. He will get better. Most of the errors on any team typically come from the SS position. Halter's error was partially on Allen for coming off the bad too far.

Ok this is the second time I've seen this, I'm asking, didn't the ball tip off Allen's glove? Cause from my angle it was clear it did and if it didn't it goes into rt field. Allen can't be blamed for halter making a crappy throw on a sure out.
ETA I just watched it on replay if Allen doesn't touch it, it clearly goes into rt field.

Todd4State
03-30-2019, 12:00 AM
Ok this is the second time I've seen this, I'm asking, didn't the ball tip off Allen's glove? Cause from my angle it was clear it did and if it didn't it goes into rt field. Allen can't be blamed for halter making a crappy throw on a sure out.
ETA I just watched it on replay if Allen doesn't touch it, it clearly goes into rt field.

Yes it did and neither one should bear the full blame IMO. Allen went to far (trying to make a play). Not Halter's fault. Halter made a bad throw. Not Allen's fault. I'm just chalking it up to bad luck/friendly fire/that's baseball more than anything.

Fans shouldn't make a rash hot take judgement on our infield defense or Halter/Allen's defense off that one play alone or this one game one way or the other. If Halter pulls it off it's a web gem. It certainly wasn't a routine play and why I think some of this "we have major issues on the infield" stuff is overblown. I mean, we're halfway through the season and we've just been overcoming bad defense the whole year? Not likely.

Goldendawg
03-30-2019, 12:12 AM
we really miss Stovall. Also, Allen needs to sit and or DH.

Hold it. Don't we as responsible adult MSU baseball fans need to give these guys childish, hurtful nicknames before we throw them to the wolves??? We have a tradition to uphold here.****** Hail State!

Lord McBuckethead
03-30-2019, 12:32 AM
Well lets not go over board with this, but our entire defense was terrible today. Limited range, grounders hitting off of the glove and innings being extended for no reason.

basedog
03-30-2019, 08:14 AM
Yes we weren't good on defense last night, but let's not forget that Lsu put the ball in ball and they are coming alive again after a rough start.

For you guys who counted Lsu out, gonna be tough today, could be another double digit run game by both teams today.

Political Hack
03-30-2019, 08:27 AM
Hold it. Don't we as responsible adult MSU baseball fans need to give these guys childish, hurtful nicknames before we throw them to the wolves??? We have a tradition to uphold here.****** Hail State!

I can't believe goose poop hands dropped that ball.

AlSwearengen
03-30-2019, 08:34 AM

Yep. Stovall is a huge loss. Great defender, .300 hitter, and a gamer. I?m getting a little weary of watching Halter?s 17?ed up approach at the plate.

No BS Dawg
03-30-2019, 08:42 AM
Our infielders will make the majority of routine plays around the entire infield, but we will make very few tough plays. It is what it is. We have been spoiled by the defensive talent we've had there recently. Hopefully they get better. Right now, fans will just continue to cringe on ground balls. I'm more concerned about our sudden lack of pitching over the last few weeks. We don't get that figured out, we are in all kinds hurt.

stalkingpoon
03-30-2019, 09:00 AM
Dear god people it’s baseball. That’s why we play 3 games. I’m glad this team isn’t as soft as some of you on here. I’d be shocked if we don’t come out and spank the hell out if these coon asses today. Hitters slump, TA was one of our best hitters last year and early this year. He will be fine.

confucius say
03-30-2019, 09:04 AM
Out defense has been bad all year. It is our biggest flaw. Defense shows up every day, unlike a Sunday starter. Lemonis said same thing in postgame.