PDA

View Full Version : I watched a little of my recording......

Liverpooldawg
03-29-2019, 12:05 AM
After I got back from the game. You can not BUY publicity like the ESPN announcers were giving us tonight. The just couldn't help themselves heaping praise on the stadium and the program. I know this has been said before but a HUGE well done to anyone who played a part in this project. It was my second game so far, it's just incredible that we have that facility on our campus.

Todd4State
03-29-2019, 12:15 AM
Yes! You build it they will come. We took things to the next level. As in AA-AAA level with our ballpark.

FriarsPoint
03-29-2019, 12:16 AM
I thought you were all about California communism****

msbulldog
03-29-2019, 06:46 AM
How bout dem Lounge Lizards throwing food up to them! Man, that was good TV on a Thursday when were the only SEC baseball.

gravedigger
03-29-2019, 07:27 AM
Yes! You build it they will come. We took things to the next level. As in AA-AAA level with our ballpark.

Besides Autozone, I'm not sure there is a minor league park as decent. Autozone is phenomenal, to be sure, but it's better than most major league venues.

Jackson, TN has Pringles park (or it used to be that) and it's nice. But again, Dudy Noble is probably better than every Minor league park too with the exception of Autozone in Memphis.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 07:34 AM
Only problem is only state and LSU fans were watching... mlb opening day and sweet 16

PMDawg
03-29-2019, 07:48 AM
After I got back from the game. You can not BUY publicity like the ESPN announcers were giving us tonight. The just couldn't help themselves heaping praise on the stadium and the program. I know this has been said before but a HUGE well done to anyone who played a part in this project. It was my second game so far, it's just incredible that we have that facility on our campus.

That's true. I watched part of it, but also had obligations that forced me to listen to the rest on the radio. I listened on an LSU station that is local to where I live - those idiots said, on the air, that the park was full because "what else is there to do in Starkville on a Thursday night". I wanted to choke those fools through my radio.

Liverpooldawg
03-29-2019, 07:49 AM
Only problem is only state and LSU fans were watching... mlb opening day and sweet 16

The LSU fans we certainly watching. Go read the thread about on their board. It's linked here somewhere. Like I said, great publicity.

Bothrops
03-29-2019, 07:56 AM
Great pub and the announcers were making me starve to death eating all that outfield fare. Not only the best baseball park, also the best food park.

MedDawg
03-29-2019, 07:58 AM
That's true. I watched part of it, but also had obligations that forced me to listen to the rest on the radio. I listened on an LSU station that is local to where I live - those idiots said, on the air, that the park was full because "what else is there to do in Starkville on a Thursday night". I wanted to choke those fools through my radio.

I hate that reasoning. What is there to do in Baton Rouge on a Thursday night or a Saturday night for that matter? Go to a bar or restaurant that you can go to any other day of the year?

Pitt fans say this all the time as a reason they have horrible attendance at their football games--like there's just SO much else to do in Pittsburgh on a Saturday afternoon.

Todd4State
03-29-2019, 08:04 AM

Dudy Noble will really take center stage during the Super Regionals.

Commercecomet24
03-29-2019, 08:10 AM
Besides Autozone, I'm not sure there is a minor league park as decent. Autozone is phenomenal, to be sure, but it's better than most major league venues.

Jackson, TN has Pringles park (or it used to be that) and it's nice. But again, Dudy Noble is probably better than every Minor league park too with the exception of Autozone in Memphis.

This! The Dude is the best non-mlb stadium in the country!

West Tn Dawg
03-29-2019, 08:14 AM
This! The Dude is the best non-mlb stadium in the country!

With out question!

BrunswickDawg
03-29-2019, 08:18 AM
Dudy Noble will really take center stage during the Super Regionals.

KP asked the other announcer if they could go ahead and bid on doing the regional and Supers - he wants to be there.

shannondawg
03-29-2019, 08:23 AM
My question is : who ate all that food, not that the announcers gave it a good try?

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2019, 09:16 AM
I hate that reasoning. What is there to do in Baton Rouge on a Thursday night or a Saturday night for that matter? Go to a bar or restaurant that you can go to any other day of the year?

Pitt fans say this all the time as a reason they have horrible attendance at their football games--like there's just SO much else to do in Pittsburgh on a Saturday afternoon.

What is there to even do in Baton Rouge? Drive to New Orleans isn't something to do in Baton Rouge.

Lord McBuckethead
03-29-2019, 09:26 AM

Birmingham's is on par with autozone.

turkish
03-29-2019, 10:03 AM
What is there to even do in Baton Rouge? Drive to New Orleans isn't something to do in Baton Rouge.
Other than try not to get shot, I’m drawing a blank.

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2019, 10:16 AM
Other than try not to get shot, I’m drawing a blank.

That was my first reaction to the statement. Baton Rouge is going down the shitter. I really like LSU's campus but Baton Rouge isn't somewhere you want to be on non gameday type of nights without the crowds. It is like Memphis without the good parts.

Lord McBuckethead
03-29-2019, 12:34 PM
Ours is the best park in the entire state of MS, for sure.

Lord McBuckethead
03-29-2019, 12:35 PM
That was my first reaction to the statement. Baton Rouge is going down the shitter. I really like LSU's campus but Baton Rouge isn't somewhere you want to be on non gameday type of nights without the crowds. It is like Memphis without the good parts.

Yep, it's like memphis, but without the things to do.

msbulldog
03-29-2019, 12:39 PM
The LSU fans we certainly watching. Go read the thread about on their board. It's linked here somewhere. Like I said, great publicity.

https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/

There you go, there are a multitude of thread crying in there cheerio's about there baseball team and there stadium. Some of those idiots think LSU and Bertman started the popularity of SEC baseball and some on there set them straight and give credit to MSU.

Commercecomet24
03-29-2019, 12:42 PM
https://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/

There you go, there are a multitude of thread crying in there cheerio's about there baseball team and there stadium. Some of those idiots think LSU and Bertman started the popularity of SEC baseball and some on there set them straight and give credit to MSU.

Typical of that lsu bunch to try to take credit for everything. I know one thing for dang sure, SEC baseball wouldn't be where it is today without MSU. We were the trailblazers for SEC baseball.

1bigdawg
03-29-2019, 02:04 PM

Yet -- It does not seem to hurt the Steelers attendance on Sundays.

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-30-2019, 12:26 PM
My question is : who ate all that food, not that the announcers gave it a good try?

That would be Bo Bounds...

InTheIttaBenaHotSun
03-30-2019, 12:32 PM
Birmingham's is on par with autozone.

Yes, Regions Field in Birmingham kicks ass for sure. LOT of talent at Thirsty Thursdays at that ball park.