msstate7
03-28-2019, 08:41 PM
Purdue and tenn are playing one of the best basketball games I've ever watched

msstate7
03-28-2019, 08:53 PM
And it will end well. Bye schofield. Bye forever

msstate7
03-28-2019, 08:58 PM
Why is Jordan bone not an nba prospect? He's lightning quick and a good defender

maroonmania
03-28-2019, 08:58 PM
Purdue very fortunate to win this game. That foul on the 3 pointer at the end of regulation on TN didn't look like a lot to it. Think that would be let go more than called in that situation.

Dawg2003
03-28-2019, 09:06 PM
This is why I laugh when the SEC. Network tries to tell us the SEC is a really strong conference.

smootness
03-28-2019, 10:30 PM
Purdue very fortunate to win this game. That foul on the 3 pointer at the end of regulation on TN didn't look like a lot to it. Think that would be let go more than called in that situation.

He jumped into a shooter and made contact. I don't understand why people keep saying it was ticky tack. Any contact on a jump shooter in the air is going to be called, as it should.

BiscuitEater
03-29-2019, 12:29 AM
This is why I laugh when the SEC. Network tries to tell us the SEC is a really strong conference.

Sorry, SEC is/was strong this year. SEC has/had 4 teams in the sweet 16 (25%). Besides histoically strong ACC, NO other conference comes close.

timotheus
03-29-2019, 07:11 AM
Kentucky is the only team that could withstand having to play Duke and UNC multiple times a season. Just my thoughts

gravedigger
03-29-2019, 07:23 AM
He jumped into a shooter and made contact. I don't understand why people keep saying it was ticky tack. Any contact on a jump shooter in the air is going to be called, as it should.

Not if the defensive player is maintaining his space. Jumping into a player who is not reaching toward the shooter should not be called. It's yet another bullshit call inherited from the NBA which to many is unwatchable due to this very type of interpretation of the rule.

Maroonthirteen
03-29-2019, 07:27 AM

Yeah, it was a good call. Unfortunately for Tennessee.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 07:31 AM
Not if the defensive player is maintaining his space. Jumping into a player who is not reaching toward the shooter should not be called. It's yet another bullshit call inherited from the NBA which to many is unwatchable due to this very type of interpretation of the rule.

He wasn't maintaining his space... he jumped into Edwards

msstate7
03-29-2019, 07:31 AM
Sorry, SEC is/was strong this year. SEC has/had 4 teams in the sweet 16 (25%). Besides histoically strong ACC, NO other conference comes close.

Big 10 is a better basketball conf than the sec

smootness
03-29-2019, 08:26 AM

Edwards went straight up. Turner clearly jumped forward into his space. Watch the replay from the baseline and pause it both before Edwards goes up and once they've both come down. Edwards lands right where he jumped from (except his right foot is further back because he was bumped), and Turner lands with his left foot almost exactly where Edwards' right foot left from.

Easy call every time.

Ari Gold
03-29-2019, 09:26 AM

4 of the 16 teams in the sweet 16 were from the SEC.. I laughed at this post...

BiscuitEater
03-29-2019, 10:18 AM
Big 10 is a better basketball conf than the sec

Who said the SEC is/was better than BG10? My point is that the SEC is strong this year in basketball with 7 of 14 making the NCAAT and 25% of final 16.

fishwater99
03-29-2019, 10:19 AM
Edwards went straight up. Turner clearly jumped forward into his space. Watch the replay from the baseline and pause it both before Edwards goes up and once they've both come down. Edwards lands right where he jumped from (except his right foot is further back because he was bumped), and Turner lands with his left foot almost exactly where Edwards' right foot left from.

Easy call every time.Stupid foul by Turner...

msstate7
03-29-2019, 10:20 AM
Who said the SEC is/was better than BG10? My point is that the SEC is strong this year in basketball with 7 of 14 making the NCAAT and 25% of final 16.

You said no other conference comes close.

Political Hack
03-29-2019, 11:38 AM
25% of the college teams still playing were SEC teams. And if we're being honest, State and Auburn probably should've been there too. That's incredible depth.

At the top, we've only got 1 team that can play with the top of the ACC... but the ACC only has two teams that can play at top of their own conference so it's really not much difference.

smootness
03-29-2019, 11:59 AM
25% of the college teams still playing were SEC teams. And if we're being honest, State and Auburn probably should've been there too. That's incredible depth.

At the top, we've only got 1 team that can play with the top of the ACC... but the ACC only has two teams that can play at top of their own conference so it's really not much difference.

Auburn still is there.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 12:05 PM

Virginia, UNC, and duke. Virginia won the acc

Political Hack
03-29-2019, 01:57 PM
Auburn still is there.

Swing and a miss... was thinking Florida, but I do think Auburn is going to struggle with Kansas. I haven't been that impressed with Michigan. Florida should've won that game IMO.

Political Hack
03-29-2019, 01:58 PM
Virginia, UNC, and duke. Virginia won the acc

Hate to hate on Virginia but I honestly don't think they'll win a Final Four game. I expect the other two to play for the Natty. That said, you're right that they can beat most SEC teams, but if you're throwing them in the group I'd throw Tenn in too.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 02:05 PM
Hate to hate on Virginia but I honestly don't think they'll win a Final Four game. I expect the other two to play for the Natty. That said, you're right that they can beat most SEC teams, but if you're throwing them in the group I'd throw Tenn in too.

Virginia won at unc and lost by 2 at duke; duke beat at Virginia by 10 in a flukish game for duke (13-21 from 3 for duke). Virginia is a damn good team Pomeroy has them #1

Political Hack
03-29-2019, 02:12 PM
Virginia won at unc and lost by 2 at duke. Virginia is a damn good team. Pomeroy has them #1

They're the #2 overall I believe. They're a great team. I just don't think theyre long enough to consistently hang with Duke, UNC, or even Kentucky. I do think they could beat any of them in any given night, but I'd take any of those three over VA on a given night.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 02:14 PM
They're the #2 overall I believe. They're a great team. I just don't think theyre long enough to consistently hang with Duke, UNC, or even Kentucky. I do think they could beat any of them in any given night, but I'd take any of those three over VA on a given night.

Guess we'll find out. Virginia and Texas tech are the best defensive teams left, and I really value defense. I have Virginia winning it all

Political Hack
03-29-2019, 05:18 PM
Guess we'll find out. Virginia and Texas tech are the best defensive teams left, and I really value defense. I have Virginia winning it all

Good point. I like Texas Tech a lot too. They're going to be a very tough out. I've got them beating the Zags.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 06:13 PM
Michigan st has LSU on ropes early

msstate7
03-29-2019, 06:31 PM
One thing I've seen with tenn last night and LSU tonight is they aren't used to teams being able to rebound/match physicalness wiyh them like these 2 big 10 teams

SailingDawg
03-29-2019, 07:21 PM
Auburn leading UNC at the half.

SailingDawg
03-29-2019, 07:26 PM
LSU back to within 5 of Michigan State.

SailingDawg
03-29-2019, 07:27 PM
One thing I've seen with tenn last night and LSU tonight is they aren't used to teams being able to rebound/match physicalness wiyh them like these 2 big 10 teams

Anyone believe we need a big ol' white boy in the center knocking people around to get us further in the tourney? Look at those corn fed midwesterners.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 07:29 PM
Anyone believe we need a big ol' white boy in the center knocking people around to get us further in the tourney? Look at those corn fed midwesterners.

We definetely need more physical big men.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 07:31 PM
Mich st lead up to 15 now.

SailingDawg
03-29-2019, 07:48 PM
Auburn up 10 over UNC!!!

RocketDawg
03-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Auburn up 10 over UNC!!!

I for one hope Auburn wins.

Have you noticed that CBS abbreviates Michigan State MIST instead of MSU now?

msstate7
03-29-2019, 08:07 PM
Hard to believe we beat auburn.

msstate7
03-29-2019, 08:09 PM
I hate auburn, but damn, don't let him be severely hurt

msstate7
03-29-2019, 08:32 PM
Auburn is elite

msstate7
03-29-2019, 11:10 PM
We really need to hope buzz Williams and kelvin sampson don't come to the sec

msstate7
03-29-2019, 11:20 PM
Sec will have a final 4 team

Political Hack
03-29-2019, 11:27 PM
I stand corrected. Auburn can compete with anyone too.

Ari Gold
03-29-2019, 11:32 PM
So I forget who I was talking too about McLemore and Okeke > Ado and Perry .. as of right now
Need I say more

Again Q is the only player we had / have that would have started for Auburn right now ..

Political Hack
03-30-2019, 08:21 AM
So I forget who I was talking too about McLemore and Okeke > Ado and Perry .. as of right now
Need I say more

Again Q is the only player we had / have that would have started for Auburn right now ..

That's likely true. Okeke going down is killer for them.

basedog
03-30-2019, 08:31 AM
As much as I dislike Pearl and Auburn, they are fun to watch.

Very athletic and fast. Okeke being out will be tough for them to move on.

I can't recall seeing a Coach hollering and screaming instructions on the sidelines as much as Pearl. I'm surprised he hasn't had a "Roy Williams" moment. He looks like he is about the explode.

msstate7
03-30-2019, 08:37 AM
As much as I dislike Pearl and Auburn, they are fun to watch.

Very athletic and fast. Okeke being out will be tough for them to move on.

I can't recall seeing a Coach hollering and screaming instructions on the sidelines as much as Pearl. I'm surprised he hasn't had a "Roy Williams" moment. He looks like he is about the explode.

Auburn is extremely fun to watch. Kentucky will murder them in the paint without okeke though. As much as I hate auburn, I feel sorry for them and esp okeke

basedog
03-30-2019, 08:57 AM
Auburn is extremely fun to watch. Kentucky will murder them in the paint without okeke though. As much as I hate auburn, I feel sorry for them and esp okeke

I would love to see Auburn continue winning, yes on feeling bad for Okeke.

Btw, Maybe I'm in the minority but I wish they would move the 3 point line back some, Maybe to the International line.