PDA

View Full Version : MLB Opening day, what are you looking forward to the most?

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2019, 12:30 PM
It seems like we will have several guys in the starting rotations with Stratton (Angels), Hudson (Cardinals), and Woodruff (Brewers).

It looks like Adam Frazier is the starting 2nd baseman for the Pirates.

Hunter Renfroe is starting in RF for the Padres for the 2nd year. So much for never making it in MLB.

Kendall Graveman signed with the Cubs but isn't on the opening day roster. Is he still rehabbing?

Jonathan Holder in the Yankees bullpen.

Mitch Moreland fresh off of getting a WS ring starting at 1st for the World Series Champion Boston RedSox.

Will Nate Lowe, Rooker, or Robson get called up this year?

Anyone else?

As far as general MLB, I am ready to see what the Braves pitching looks like this year. New pitching coach and we have some rookies up right now with Kyle Wright being the 1st round pick from a few years ago.

Political Hack
03-28-2019, 12:34 PM
Actually going to the ballpark. We sit delta club usually at the Braves stadium and it's AWESOME! If any of y'all make the trip, splurge.

shoeless joe
03-28-2019, 12:34 PM
I’m just excited to have games and highlights to watch every nite...

parabrave
03-28-2019, 12:38 PM
Gonna want to see how the Yanks do. Don't expect alot from the Bravos. Some of ya'll think that they will be division champs but they didn't do anything to improve key positions, Pitcher and Catcher, while other teams in the East did. On their catcher position I think Jackson will be up by Halfway and on the pitching side Folty will be on the DL and we still won't have a consistent BP. Also I'm more excited about the AA ball starting down here in Biloxi. If you do live near a AA or AAA team go to their games. You get to see the future stars, actually get to interact with them and just get away with more crap(hazing) than you could at any major league game. It is a great experience and a great way to spend time with your kids or friends.

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2019, 12:39 PM
Actually going to the ballpark. We sit delta club usually at the Braves stadium and it's AWESOME! If any of y'all make the trip, splurge.

How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? I have typically just bought seats in centerfield and paid around $30-40 per seat. It doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house though.

Tbonewannabe
03-28-2019, 12:42 PM
Gonna want to see how the Yanks do. Don't expect alot from the Bravos. Some of ya'll think that they will be division but they didn't do anything to improve key positions, Pitcher and Catcher, while other teams in the East did. On their catcher position I think Jackson will be up by Halfway and Folty will be on the DL.

I think if the pitching staff doesn't implode that the Braves will at least be in it for a Wildcard spot. There isn't too many teams that I would trade the lineup for especially in the NL East. It does suck that Philly improved their lineup so much.

lefty96
03-28-2019, 12:53 PM
From what I have read, Graveman is not expected to pitch this year for the Cubs. He is currently on the 60 IL.

I'm looking forward to a year of Kris Bryant being healthy myself.

smootness
03-28-2019, 12:57 PM
It does suck that Philly improved their lineup so much.

Remember one thing, though - while the Phillies ended up with just 10 fewer wins than the Braves last year, they had a RD 153 runs worse. So their record was unsustainable at around .500, they weren't as good as it seemed.

So sure, they've improved and should be a good team, but it's not like the fact that they added more pieces than the Braves means they're suddenly better.

Political Hack
03-28-2019, 12:58 PM
How much did that set you back if you don't mind me asking? I have typically just bought seats in centerfield and paid around $30-40 per seat. It doesn't seem to be a bad seat in the house though.

Buddy has season tickets through his firm so we don't typically pay, but I think they're around $150. It's all you can eat and drink and you can show up 2-3 hours before the game, so you probably get close to your money's worth if you're going to eat and drink. You're also right on top of the action and if it's raining, you've got a free bar with a great food spread beneath you. I can promise you I've never had more fun at an MLB rain out.

msstate7
03-28-2019, 01:00 PM
I'm looking forward to see acuna become one of the best players in mlb, this year

lefty96
03-28-2019, 02:25 PM
Anyone else zoning out at work with mlb.tv streaming? I'm not.

Apoplectic
03-28-2019, 11:54 PM
CWS

Todd4State
03-29-2019, 12:33 AM
I'm hoping that the Cardinals turn it around and make the playoffs and beyond. I like what they have in their system as far as hitters go- I'm looking forward to following Nolan Gorman, Eleheuris Montero, Malcolm Nunez, Jhon Torres, and Ryan Helsey this summer. I think Flaherty will become their ace this year. I think that they are one player short of possibly being a real threat to win it all and they need at least one more LH relief pitcher unless Luke Gregorson comes back strong and I think they need another power hitting outfielder. I'm just not sold on Dexter Fowler and wish that the Cardinals had gone in on Bryce Harper. Yes, he is overrated but I think they would have gotten more long term out of him than with Fowler and it would have brought a lot of good attention to the ballclub. Getting Goldschmidt and then extending him was a huge move. I'm also disappointed in Carlos Martinez for not taking care of his rehab business in the offseason but he will probably add another power arm to the bullpen and possibly slide back into the rotation if and when Wainwright gets hurt again. I just wish the Cardinals would make that one more move- that Mark McGwire, Scott Rolen, and etc. move that puts them over the top. It seems like they never do that since Mo was put in charge.

As far as MSU- Dakota Hudson and Brandon Woodruff are going up against each other Saturday.

I think Chris Stratton getting traded was a good move for him because I think he will have an easier time cracking that rotation and staying in it. He will also probably be in the rotation and not have to shuttle between there and the bullpen as the swing guy. He could be throwing to Jack Kruger by the end of the year.

Kendall Graveman and Jacob Lindgren will both be doing rehab this year and both are expected to be out all year long. If Lindgren progresses well I could see him pitching in the minors late in the year. Probably like Rookie ball or something like that.

I think Nate Lowe, Brent Rooker, Jacob Robson, Zac Houston, and Jack Kruger will make their MLB debuts this year. Lowe, Rooker, and Robson could make the MLB Future's Game this year with strong seasons as well.

Tbonewannabe
03-29-2019, 09:21 AM
I'm hoping that the Cardinals turn it around and make the playoffs and beyond. I like what they have in their system as far as hitters go- I'm looking forward to following Nolan Gorman, Eleheuris Montero, Malcolm Nunez, Jhon Torres, and Ryan Helsey this summer. I think Flaherty will become their ace this year. I think that they are one player short of possibly being a real threat to win it all and they need at least one more LH relief pitcher unless Luke Gregorson comes back strong and I think they need another power hitting outfielder. I'm just not sold on Dexter Fowler and wish that the Cardinals had gone in on Bryce Harper. Yes, he is overrated but I think they would have gotten more long term out of him than with Fowler and it would have brought a lot of good attention to the ballclub. Getting Goldschmidt and then extending him was a huge move. I'm also disappointed in Carlos Martinez for not taking care of his rehab business in the offseason but he will probably add another power arm to the bullpen and possibly slide back into the rotation if and when Wainwright gets hurt again. I just wish the Cardinals would make that one more move- that Mark McGwire, Scott Rolen, and etc. move that puts them over the top. It seems like they never do that since Mo was put in charge.

As far as MSU- Dakota Hudson and Brandon Woodruff are going up against each other Saturday.

I think Chris Stratton getting traded was a good move for him because I think he will have an easier time cracking that rotation and staying in it. He will also probably be in the rotation and not have to shuttle between there and the bullpen as the swing guy. He could be throwing to Jack Kruger by the end of the year.

Kendall Graveman and Jacob Lindgren will both be doing rehab this year and both are expected to be out all year long. If Lindgren progresses well I could see him pitching in the minors late in the year. Probably like Rookie ball or something like that.

I think Nate Lowe, Brent Rooker, Jacob Robson, Zac Houston, and Jack Kruger will make their MLB debuts this year. Lowe, Rooker, and Robson could make the MLB Future's Game this year with strong seasons as well.

It seems like I read that Lowe was showing out in Spring Training. Tampa Bay could use some power numbers to get fans in the stands. It is weird that baseball doesn't have better attendance in Florida.

Lord McBuckethead
03-29-2019, 01:21 PM
Tank Tops.

msu15
03-29-2019, 01:29 PM
Can't wait to see how much the Yankees young studs develop

msudawglb
03-29-2019, 01:35 PM
I'm anxious to see my Huntsville local product, Kyle Wright, pitch for the Braves on Sunday. I'm not a Braves fun, but I do work with Kyle's mom, so I'm excited for the kid and his family.