PDA

View Full Version : Basketball starting lineup next year with Howland returning

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2019, 03:55 PM
So as long as Nick is correct when he said he will be back next year, is this a team that can make the Big Dance?

PG: Nick - better overall PG - definitely better defensively
SG: Tyson - he took a big step forward this year, he needs to continue to improve
SF: Woodard - really big shoes to fill replacing Q but he had his moments. He definitely needs to work on his 3 point shot.
PF: Perry - straight up beast that will continue to improve. Might be the best PF in the SEC next year.
C: Ado - He has continually improved. If he can work on his low post game and his defense then he could be top half of the SEC type player.

Bench: Feazell - pretty raw but has some talent
Freshmen?

It looks like a team that could compete for a spot in the Big Dance, probably a 10 -12 seed which wouldn't be too bad.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-27-2019, 04:05 PM
Nick
Tyson
Woodard
Perry
Ado

Stewart Oduro & Molinar Top 3 off the bench. I'd love a Grad or Juco Center who can actually play.

sleepy dawg
03-27-2019, 04:13 PM
I think we're more than likely an NIT team next year. I think at most we're an 8-9 seed type team.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-27-2019, 04:36 PM
Nick is an upgrade over Peters. Carter is downgrade over Q. Perry should be better than his current self. Woodard certainly has room to improve but he's better than Holman. Ado's already been here 2 full seasons so he's probably going to be about the same. That's a better starting 5 than we had this year.

However, the bench is what makes or breaks our tournament hopes: Oduro ha no other P5 teams after him so idk how good he'll be, Stewart was redshirted and none of us know how much he's improved from that initial "not good enough to add much to this team" state. I know nothing of Molinar except that he's not highly rated or heavily recruited.

So I think we have a solid starting 5 but see no reason to think we have a solid backup for any of them. Maybe y'all have inside info but from where I'm at it looks like y'all are just listing names and implying that they're solid players based on nothing

Big4Dawg
03-27-2019, 05:32 PM
Molinar had offers from Texas Tech, Arizona, Arizona State, Greogia, Kansas Sate, San Diego State, VCU. Those aren't bad programs. Arizona offered a month before he committed to us.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-27-2019, 05:41 PM
DJ could've played last year & was definitely good enough but it would've been a similar situation to Eli Wright as a freshman. Showing glimpses of being a good player but not enough minutes to go around. I'm glad he was receptive to RS because most kids are dead set against it.

vv83
03-27-2019, 05:58 PM
Molinar had offers from Texas Tech, Arizona, Arizona State, Greogia, Kansas Sate, San Diego State, VCU. Those aren't bad programs. Arizona offered a month before he committed to us.

Is he a PG or SG in college?

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-27-2019, 06:08 PM

Sorry my bad, he's still lower rated than anyone Howland has signed aside from Datcher. Either way he's never stepped foot on a college floor and nobody knows if he'll be ready to go

Ari Gold
03-27-2019, 06:14 PM
W
Nick
Tyson
Woodard
Perry
Ado

Stewart Oduro & Molinar Top 3 off the bench. I'd love a Grad or Juco Center who can actually play.

Yes a 5 or a 4/5 that can score ..

msbulldog
03-27-2019, 06:23 PM
Nick is an upgrade over Peters. Carter is downgrade over Q. Perry should be better than his current self. Woodard certainly has room to improve but he's better than Holman. Ado's already been here 2 full seasons so he's probably going to be about the same. That's a better starting 5 than we had this year.

However, the bench is what makes or breaks our tournament hopes: Oduro ha no other P5 teams after him so idk how good he'll be, Stewart was redshirted and none of us know how much he's improved from that initial "not good enough to add much to this team" state. I know nothing of Molinar except that he's not highly rated or heavily recruited.

So I think we have a solid starting 5 but see no reason to think we have a solid backup for any of them. Maybe y'all have inside info but from where I'm at it looks like y'all are just listing names and implying that they're solid players based on nothing

DJ Stewart was a 6'6" 202 lb 4 star recruit who was ranked in 247 composite #117 nationally, #2 in the state (Woodward was #1) and #23 in his position nationally. The reason he was red-shirted was he is a natural 2 or 3, and we were well staffed in those positions. Let me also say he can knock the bottom out of it.

msugolf
03-27-2019, 06:48 PM
Sorry my bad, he's still lower rated than anyone Howland has signed aside from Datcher. Either way he's never stepped foot on a college floor and nobody knows if he'll be ready to go

Molinar is legit and will play a lot. He's going to surprise a lot of folks and he has the frame to really be a physical guard. And he can play point.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-27-2019, 07:19 PM
Hope y'all are right. If Molinar and Stewart are legit we'll be a better team next year, and if Oduro is a valid 3rd big man we'll be a borderline sweet 16 team imo. Hope I eat crow I just like to see people on the court before I trust they'll be solid at a high rate

whosyourdawgy
03-27-2019, 08:52 PM
If we are counting on Feazell for productive minutes for us to be successful next season, we are in deep doodoo. He is not SEC talent in any shape form or fashion. Good kid, good team mate, but one to route for in a blow out when he comes off the bench.