PDA

View Full Version : There is a baseball coach on ED

The Federalist Engineer
03-27-2019, 11:12 AM
Coach Geatreau told Rowdey to get the goggles back ON a few weeks ago...just like we said.

We got the old Rowdey back now.

Now we gotta figure out Tanner Allen to give the coach inspiration. I think Tanner needs a quirky position change, just to spice things up. He can play 2B, so we can play Hatcher at 1B. Just something else to think about instead of his hitting.

I don't think the coach, really it's JC, comes here for advice. It's mostly for laughs, gauging fan passion and to make sure there aren't any leaks in his office.

Advice to the lurking coach:

(1) Start selling baseball replica jerseys with customization names on the back
(2) Start selling the M-over-S pull overs, much better than the MSTATE stuff.
(3) Start selling the "Batting Bulldog" sticker for automobiles, it's beautiful and it would be all over the place, throughout the nation

Dildoes
03-27-2019, 11:29 AM
I would pay an unreasonable amount of money for a maroon and white pinstripe jersey. Don’t even have to have the name customization

CadaverDawg
03-27-2019, 11:31 AM
I would pay an unreasonable amount of money for a maroon and white pinstripe jersey. Don’t even have to have the name customization

Same

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-27-2019, 11:35 AM
Now we gotta figure out Tanner Allen to give the coach inspiration. I think Tanner needs a quirky position change, just to spice things up. He can play 2B, so we can play Hatcher at 1B. Just something else to think about instead of his hitting.

Halter is getting better; .273 is his lowest single game average out of the last 10. So he's consistently solid now. Allen has only hit above .273 in 3 of his last 10. I know Allen has more pop and I'm in no way saying we should bench him, but I see no reason at all to move him to 2nd. His defense at 1B is fine.

Keep the lineup we have, DH Hatcher vs rhp and Cumbest vs lefties

SaintDawg
03-27-2019, 11:39 AM

This. I would also pay an unreasonable amout of money for a replica M over S letterman jacket. Like I would pay so much for it, my wife would consider divorce.

Dawg2003
03-27-2019, 11:44 AM
Maybe move Tanner back in the order. Move Mac and Foscue up.

DownwardDawg
03-27-2019, 03:09 PM
Coach Geatreau told Rowdey to get the goggles back ON a few weeks ago...just like we said.

I don't think the coach, really it's JC, comes here for advice. It's mostly for laughs, gauging fan passion and to make sure there aren't any leaks in his office.

(3) Start selling the "Batting Bulldog" sticker for automobiles, it's beautiful and it would be all over the place, throughout the nation

1 and 3 for me for sure!!!!! Love the pinstripe jerseys and I absolutely love the batting bulldog stickers.

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2019, 03:43 PM

Agreed. Also, needs fat guy size.

Homedawg
03-27-2019, 03:57 PM

I like Allen there. One good reason is it keeps opposing teams from going to the bullpen w a righty for matchup purposes, which would have more often if you have 3 or 4 rh hitters in a row.

Turfdawg67
03-27-2019, 06:39 PM

LOL!! I hope this was sarcasm. Funny stuff.

chef dixon
03-27-2019, 06:50 PM
I think whatever we are doing with the line up is working

Mjoelner34
03-27-2019, 07:21 PM

Would kill for either of these:

I seen it dawg
03-27-2019, 07:25 PM
I like Allen there. One good reason is it keeps opposing teams from going to the bullpen w a righty for matchup purposes, which would have more often if you have 3 or 4 rh hitters in a row.

I want to move Rowdey back up to 2 and slide everyone down.

parabrave
03-27-2019, 08:34 PM

This is always option 2 and a good one. Option 1 is leave him alone and he will work through it. Some batters do better in certain spots in the order, remember he was hitting 4th at the beginning of the season. Pressure is a big thing that some can handle better than others.

preachermatt83
03-27-2019, 08:42 PM
I want to move Rowdey back up to 2 and slide everyone down.

No. I want Westburg begins Mangum. They have no choice but the give Mangum something to hit.

Todd4State
03-27-2019, 08:58 PM
LSU pitching has really struggled with LH hitters this year. So if there was a week to move Rowdey up in the lineup and leave Tanner Allen IN the lineup to break out of a slump this is probably as good a time as any. Or really I should say that we couldn't have picked a better team in the SEC to play if we're trying to move Rowdey up and try to get a LH hitter in a groove.

I hope Marshall Gilbert enjoys his weekend off.**

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-27-2019, 10:53 PM
I would pay an unreasonable amount of money for a maroon and white pinstripe jersey. Don?t even have to have the name customization

I can?t believe this is not a thing. A full set of pins are a must!

Todd4State
03-27-2019, 11:39 PM
Would kill for either of these:

Those pinstripe uniforms are my personal favorite as well. It's really odd to me that Adidas doesn't sell a lot of the gear that the players/team wears. That's usually what fans want unless they look like our baseball uniforms circa 2005-2008. Or their sorry baseball bats.

Todd4State
03-27-2019, 11:40 PM
I can?t believe this is not a thing. A full set of pins are a must!

We have the pinstripes with State in script across them that we wear quite a bit. I like them but I like the pinstripes with the MS logo on the chest even more.

Todd4State
03-27-2019, 11:47 PM

The funny thing is IF they are listening to us at least we're all 23-3 and number 2 in the country so far! That's pretty good!

It would be pretty funny if we win the National Championship and they get a bunch of EliteDawgs posters up to the podium to speak.

Opening Statement: "Well, things turned around when they started listening to us finally."

David Murray: Didn't one of your posters suggest a hitting style by looking breaking ball and then adjusting to the fastball?

ISID: "Yeah- we banned his dumb ass."

I agree 110% with you about the merchandise. I'm kind of surprised that the retro throwback company that has been selling the flying -M and walking Bully stuff doesn't have the Bully swinging the bat logo. They have that logo on signs at the stadium.

Duckdog
03-28-2019, 08:11 AM
Im a baseball coach but not for MSU

StateDawg44
03-28-2019, 09:14 AM

Anyone have a decent quality pic of one of these?

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-28-2019, 11:16 AM
We have the pinstripes with State in script across them that we wear quite a bit. I like them but I like the pinstripes with the MS logo on the chest even more.

Gotcha! I?m learning.