PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday Baseball score update

MetEdDawg
03-26-2019, 09:14 PM
#23 Florida beats #20 Florida State 4-2. That's twice Florida has beaten FSU in the mid week

#5 NC State destroys Elon 21-2. They still only have one loss on the year

#11 Louisville beats Miami (OH) 6-1

#12 Coastal Carolina loses to UNC Wilmington 5-4. Haven't talked about Coastal much but now that they are in the Top 15 they deserve a little more discussion

Southern Miss blanks Nicholls 5-0. USM has won 8 in a row and 12 of their last 13. RPI back up to 44.

Tennessee loses to East Tennessee State 6-5. Big head scratcher there

South Carolina manages 5 total hits against North Carolina A&T in a 2-0 loss. Massive head scratcher there

Games still ongoing. Most of them are conference games:

#24 Ole Miss up 7-4 on Memphis in the 8th

#15 Auburn tied with Bama 3-3 in the 8th

#5 Georgia getting smoked by Georgia Tech 11-2 in the 7th

#8 Arkansas beating Missouri State 6-2 in the 7th

#17 LSU losing to McNeese State 2-0 in the bottom of the 8th. That's in Baton Rouge, so expect magic....

#10 Texas A&M up 9-3 on Lamar in the 8th

#6 Vandy up 13-1 on Lipscomb

#7 Oregon State losing to Portland 4-1 in the 5th

#1 UCLA beating Loyola Marymount 6-0 in the 3rd

There's your update for now. I'll update some of these ongoing games in a little bit, especially the LSU game. Would be a bad loss to McNeese for them.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2019, 09:17 PM
OM's lead cut to 7-6, Top 9 now.

West Tn Dawg
03-26-2019, 09:19 PM
Bama up 6-3 on Auburn batting in the bottom of the 8th.

MetEdDawg
03-26-2019, 09:37 PM
Bama finishes off #15 Auburn 6-3. Bama has been sneaky good this year. 19-6 with an RPI at 57. Got to watch them.

McNeese blanks LSU 2-0. LSU managed just 4 hits. McNeese got out of a 1st and 3rd no outs in the 8th and shuts out LSU in Baton Rouge.

Georgia Tech finishes off #5 Georgia 11-2 in 7 innings.

These games where you see quality ball clubs losing mid week and not hitting is why we are a contender. We hit every single game no matter what. 6 games all year where we've scored less than 5 runs and in 3 of those we scored 4. That's really impressive folks.

Cloak
03-26-2019, 09:45 PM
No magic for LSU, McNeese St shuts em out

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-26-2019, 09:47 PM
No magic for LSU, McNeese St shuts em out

Saving it all for this weekend I'm sure

MetEdDawg
03-26-2019, 10:05 PM
8 ranked teams lost to unranked teams tonight. Some really bad ones too. Oregon State lost to Portland, Texas lost to Incarnate Word, LSU lost to McNeese, Coastal Carolina lost to UNC Wilmington.

Bad night for ranked teams in the midweek.

Dawgcap
03-26-2019, 10:08 PM
As of now, 7 ranked teams lost to unranked teams tonight.

Still have Oregon State losing to Portland 5-1 in the 8th

Bad night for ranked teams
That’s why you always try to get a W in conference but in your defense we gained ground even with the Florida game 3 loss! Just messing. Keep up the updates.

MetEdDawg
03-26-2019, 10:20 PM
According to one of LSU's beat writers on twitter, Mainieri didn't even talk to the team after their loss tonight. The players had a lengthy players only meeting in RF after the game. Does not sound good right now in Tiger Land.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2019, 10:23 PM
According to one of LSU's beat writers on twitter, Mainieri didn't even talk to the team after their loss tonight. The players had a lengthy players only meeting in RF after the game. Does not sound good right now in Tiger Land.

Good. **** 'em.

MetEdDawg
03-26-2019, 10:28 PM
Good. **** 'em.

My sentiments exactly

Dawgcap
03-26-2019, 10:28 PM
That’s why you never relish a corn dog under the mustard! They are deep fried and toasty now! Ha seriously I don’t get anyone being confident against a team off a bad mid week game much less a bad SECweekend. No series is guaranteed much less a sweep

Choctaw Dawg
03-26-2019, 11:20 PM

Sure, Weve seen this movie with the tigers before, they still have time before they go on that late season tear and end up top five in the SEC. That being said.... I'm loving every second of whats going on right now.

Jarius
03-27-2019, 04:45 AM
That’s why you never relish a corn dog under the mustard! They are deep fried and toasty now! Ha seriously I don’t get anyone being confident against a team off a bad mid week game much less a bad SECweekend. No series is guaranteed much less a sweep

LSU has been bad all year. They started out ranked #1 and are going to fall out of the top 25 after we beat their ass this week.

PMDawg
03-27-2019, 07:47 AM

I wonder when they'll turn it around.**

MetEdDawg
03-27-2019, 07:59 AM

I personally don't think they will. They have holes both offensively and pitching. They've scored 4 runs or less 10 times this year. They got swept by Texas and have losses to McNeese, Northwestern State, and California on their resume.

Any team with a pulse has exposed them. UGA took 2 of 3 from them and LSU scored 8 runs the whole weekend with 7 of those being on Sunday.

This isn't the normal LSU. Honestly I'll be shocked if we don't win the series. I get it's LSU, but this LSU team is not better than Auburn. LSU is probably the 5th best team in the West behind us, Arkansas, Texas A&M, and Auburn.

smootness
03-27-2019, 08:49 AM
8 ranked teams lost to unranked teams tonight. Some really bad ones too. Oregon State lost to Portland, Texas lost to Incarnate Word, LSU lost to McNeese, Coastal Carolina lost to UNC Wilmington.

Bad night for ranked teams in the midweek.

This is why I laugh when people say 'no way are we a top 5 or top 10 team right now'. The people who say that don't watch anybody else. No, we are not a flawless team; but if we were, we would be a no-doubt #1 and an overwhelming favorite to win it all. As it stands, we are an elite team that is among a handful with a really good chance to make Omaha.

Aaron Fitt and Kendall Rogers both agree we are elite and probably the favorite to win the SEC right now, and they've seen everything we've done this year. That sounds good enough to me.

PMDawg
03-30-2019, 02:25 PM

Buuuuump

McNeese State blanks em, but they knock the cover off the ball all weekend vs us. Anyone who couldn't see this coming just doesn't know MSU Athletics.