PDA

View Full Version : Mike Anderson out at Arkansas....

RougeDawg
03-26-2019, 08:31 PM
After a so so season. He went to three tournaments and had a decent class coming in. Arkansas is stuck in a mindset that they are a BBall powerhouse because of their run in The 90?s.

Oh well, they will not be any problem for us in the next few years.

msu15
03-26-2019, 08:49 PM
Their big guy made a terrible decision to come back for this past season. Someone cost him some money.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2019, 08:51 PM
Lots of teams going to be looking for a coach. I think I saw an article somewhere saying Martin at USCe was interested in the Nevada job, too.

BuckyIsAB****
03-26-2019, 10:44 PM
I think he's a pretty good coach. Everytime I watched them they played hard and knew who they were. They just didnt have the horses this time

preachermatt83
03-26-2019, 11:42 PM
Mike is a really good coach.

yjnkdawg
03-26-2019, 11:54 PM
Mike is a really good coach.

I think so too, and he learned,as an assistant under Nolan Richardson when he was the HC.

WPS
03-27-2019, 09:26 AM
He made 3 tournaments in 8 years and never made it out of the first weekend. I don't think he's a terrible coach but he's not great either. It was just time. A&M fired Kennedy who had an SEC championship and went to 2 Sweet 16's.

Not sure where you see that he has a good recruiting class coming in, there's only one player. Reporters saying we could go up to $4 million for the next coach which would be the first time at Arkansas the basketball coach has made more than the football coach. Kelvin Sampson is the early rumor.

msstate7
03-27-2019, 09:28 AM
He made 3 tournaments in 8 years and never made it out of the first weekend. I don't think he's a terrible coach but he's not great either. It was just time. A&M fired Kennedy who had an SEC championship and went to 2 Sweet 16's.

Not sure where you see that he has a good recruiting class coming in, there's only one player. Reporters saying we could go up to $4 million for the next coach which would be the first time at Arkansas the basketball coach has made more than the football coach. Kelvin Sampson is the early rumor.

This would suck greatly for us. Watch Bama get pintino, aTm get buzz, and you guys get Sampson

smootness
03-27-2019, 09:45 AM
Yeah, Mike Anderson was not good at Arkansas. This was inevitable.