Ado

Prince
Stewart
King
Molinar
Butts
Datcher?
Feazell?

I think this has the potential to be an even better team.

RLM38654
03-26-2019, 08:09 PM
Nick
Carter
Woodard
Perry
Ado

Prince
Stewart
King
Molinar
Butts
Datcher?
Feazell?

I agree. Talent has improved, next man up.

HoopsDawg
03-26-2019, 08:15 PM
Need another shooter. I'm not expecting much from the freshmen.

chef dixon
03-26-2019, 08:16 PM
Would be nice to know his eligibility status

Homedawg
03-26-2019, 08:17 PM
Nick
Carter
Woodard
Perry
Ado

Prince
Stewart
King
Molinar
Butts
Datcher?
Feazell?

We lost a guy that led the league in scoring and better? Um no.

msstate7
03-26-2019, 08:34 PM

Q was great. Q did have an upside down assist to TO ratio though, and he wasn't that good of a defender. I think we will be an immediately better defensive team without Q and Holman. Not trying to dog Q though bc I love the guy.

Perry is gonna be a stud. Woodard will be a very solid role player for us. Carter will score. Need nick to step up ball handling some. Another year of development for ado should be big... I expect him to be a solid defender.

Maybe I'm just looking through maroon glasses too much... guess we'll see

Ari Gold
03-26-2019, 08:51 PM
We aren’t replacing Q period.
And I told everyone how big a loss Nick was.. explosive on offense , energy, and defensive stopper
Peters moving on is best for business. He wasn’t even in top half of PG in the SEC
We Still need an impact transfer

But if Perry and RWII make jumps like they should, Ado improves on Off , this team could very well be better
We will be deeper and more athletic that’s for sure.

BeardoMSU
03-26-2019, 08:55 PM
How old is Jamont Gordon? Would be nice if he came back for his last year of eligibility..**

Homedawg
03-26-2019, 08:58 PM
Q was great. Q did have an upside down assist to TO ratio though, and he wasn't that good of a defender. I think we will be an immediately better defensive team without Q and Holman. Not trying to dog Q though bc I love the guy.

Perry is gonna be a stud. Woodard will be a very solid role player for us. Carter will score. Need nick to step up ball handling some. Another year of development for ado should be big... I expect him to be a solid defender.

Maybe I'm just looking through maroon glasses too much... guess we'll see

No depth is the problem. And Q had a way of making buckets. That's the name of the game. Now Perry is going to be a stud. And Woodard has more upside. So I'll go w that. Ado is ado. Don't see him skyrocketing. Love to be wrong.

MarketingBully
03-26-2019, 11:24 PM
Need another shooter. I'm not expecting much from the freshmen.

Butts is a guy who could come in and be that shooter. King is another good shooter. This is a highly underrated recruiting class. I think Stewart will be a pleasant surprise from the perimeter as well.

Dawgcap
03-26-2019, 11:33 PM
K. I’m proud Nick is back but I pray he doesn’t feel he is entitled because to be honest whatever happened he screwed this team this year and as a player I hope he earns their respect back. If he does and goes about it right we have an instant leader but if he comes back entitled next year will be bad. You leave teammates hanging like he did this year , he better step up and over earn his position as a leader of this team

yjnkdawg
03-26-2019, 11:42 PM
https://twitter.com/nick_gotti0/status/1110704141117079553?s=21

Says he will be back on twitter

Yep, and some on here jumped the gun with their so-called sources who said he wouldn't be back.

yjnkdawg
03-26-2019, 11:44 PM
K. I’m proud Nick is back but I pray he doesn’t feel he is entitled because to be honest whatever happened he screwed this team this year and as a player I hope he earns their respect back. If he does and goes about it right we have an instant leader but if he comes back entitled next year will be bad. You leave teammates hanging like he did this year , he better step up and over earn his position as a leader of this team

I don't see that happening with Nick.

Coach007
03-26-2019, 11:51 PM
https://twitter.com/nick_gotti0/status/1110704141117079553?s=21

Says he will be back on twitter

Good!

Ari Gold
03-27-2019, 07:45 AM

Feel he is entitled ??
He missed basically 1/4 of the season this year including the SEC and NCAA tournament...
I think entitlement is the last thing Nick will feel..

msu15
03-27-2019, 08:19 AM
We aren’t replacing Q period.
And I told everyone how big a loss Nick was.. explosive on offense , energy, and defensive stopper
Peters moving on is best for business. He wasn’t even in top half of PG in the SEC
We Still need an impact transfer

But if Perry and RWII make jumps like they should, Ado improves on Off , this team could very well be better
We will be deeper and more athletic that’s for sure.

I hear you but I just don't see how Ado will improve that much on offense. He has the worst pair of hands I have ever seen.

Covercorner2
03-27-2019, 08:52 AM
The issue next year and what we will miss not having Q is a lack of a guy who can manufacture his own shots and that you want the ball in his hands late in the game.

Ari Gold
03-27-2019, 08:57 AM
I hear you but I just don't see how Ado will improve that much on offense. He has the worst pair of hands I have ever seen.

He doesn’t have to be great.
He will get better .

Johnson85
03-27-2019, 11:07 AM

We are going to miss Q obviously, but our team is going to make a lot more sense. Our top five players all clearly fit into a traditional starting lineup. I think we'll end up better on defense b/c of effort. I think you'll see Nick play better next year being the guy at PG (not that he played poorly this year). You'll hopefully see solid jumps from Perry and Woodard, so I think our top three players will be pretty good. We're going to need somebody to emerge (or transfer in) to fill out our rotation, and I don't know if we have the pieces (or prospects) for that to happen, but I think our starting five next year could end up better than our starting five this year even if they are not actually as talented looking at individual pieces.

chef dixon
03-27-2019, 11:23 AM
Nick can say he?s coming back all he wants but we still don?t know his status

StarkVegasSteve
03-27-2019, 11:29 AM

I would say if he's announcing he's coming back then he knows his status.

basedog
03-27-2019, 12:11 PM
I sure hope Ben comes back, for you naysayers better be careful getting rid of a winning Coach at Msu, guess how many we have had over the history. Just because he doesn't yell at players doesn't mean he can't Coach. Seems the Newman's and Kegler's didn't get there way and he moved on. I have never heard from players except those two mentioned say bad things about him.

If Nick is back in the lineup next season seems to be a pretty solid starting 5. Should be much better defensively inside which was our major problem as well as our bigs scoring consist.

Johnson85
03-27-2019, 12:44 PM
I sure hope Ben comes back, for you naysayers better be careful getting rid of a winning Coach at Msu, guess how many we have had over the history. Just because he doesn't yell at players doesn't mean he can't Coach. Seems the Newman's and Kegler's didn't get there way and he moved on. I have never heard from players except those two mentioned say bad things about him.

If Nick is back in the lineup next season seems to be a pretty solid starting 5. Should be much better defensively inside which was our major problem as well as our bigs scoring consist.

I am just speechless at the people wanting Ben to leave. We have shown steady improvement through four years. At least wait until we have a year that's not better than the previous one.

hopsondawg22
03-27-2019, 12:50 PM
I’ll state again we have the worst fans in the conference. Bitching and moaning. We finally have a solid foundation and they want to run off our coach, sheesssshh. Epitome of shooting oneself in the foot we are.

DancingRabbit
03-27-2019, 01:05 PM

I agree. I hope he wants to be here for a while. We have some fans that will turn on a coach or a player in a new york minute. Or an AD - I feel pretty good having John Cohen at the helm but he gets slammed by a vocal minority on a regular basis.

Outside looking in, I do think it might help to shake up the staff. But I have no insight on who brings what to the table.

Dawg2003
03-27-2019, 02:37 PM
Ben hasn't maximized the potential of his talent, but we could do a whole lot worse. At least he can recruit well. That alone is probably worth keeping him.

chef dixon
03-27-2019, 02:42 PM
I would say if he's announcing he's coming back then he knows his status.

We always say dont trust what athletes say on Twitter. We still dont have any official word on anything

Homedawg
03-27-2019, 03:03 PM
Ben hasn't maximized the potential of his talent, but we could do a whole lot worse. At least he can recruit well. That alone is probably worth keeping him.

This isn't the year we want to Have a coaching search. A ton of jobs out there better than ours open. Whether perceived to be better or actually better it doesn't matter

StarkVegasSteve
03-27-2019, 03:48 PM
This isn't the year we want to Have a coaching search. A ton of jobs out there better than ours open. Whether perceived to be better or actually better it doesn't matter

THIS. There's 4 other SEC coaching jobs open right now as well as the UNLV job. I really don't want to get into a bidding war with the likes of A&M, Bama, or UNLV. They may not be basketball powers, but they've got substantially more money than we do

Tbonewannabe
03-27-2019, 03:49 PM

Yep, We would probably be at least 3rd or 4th just in the SEC West coaching search. LSU, Ark (great history), A&M ($$$$$), and Bama (almost as much history as us). I would feel good going against Vandy and that is about it.

We need Howland to take us back to the dance next year before he hangs it up. I am interested to see what this team does next year.

yjnkdawg
03-28-2019, 10:23 AM

Nope. I haven't either.

yjnkdawg
03-28-2019, 10:26 AM

If Nick was not coming back, I highly doubt that he would make a statement like that.

yjnkdawg
03-28-2019, 10:29 AM
We always say dont trust what athletes say on Twitter. We still dont have any official word on anything

Athletes in general, but not all athletes are categorized into that particular group. I would say Nick isn't.

Political Hack
03-28-2019, 10:37 AM
Q could score inside out. You can't replace that and no one else on the team is close. Nick can score off the dribble with his midrange game and Carter can score from outside, but nobody else can do both. I agree with others we will be tougher defensively, especially in the post and dribble drive defense against the point. However, we won't have nearly the depth we did this year. John Cheney was successful playing 7. Let's see if Howland can do that or find some depth.

confucius say
03-28-2019, 11:01 AM
Q could score inside out. You can't replace that and no one else on the team is close. Nick can score off the dribble with his midrange game and Carter can score from outside, but nobody else can do both. I agree with others we will be tougher defensively, especially in the post and dribble drive defense against the point. However, we won't have nearly the depth we did this year. John Cheney was successful playing 7. Let's see if Howland can do that or find some depth.

Woodard could grow into that guy

tcdog70
03-28-2019, 11:05 AM

don't sleep on DJ Stewart--I think he will be all Freshman SEC, And we have a transfer Big man that sat out this year.

Johnson85
03-28-2019, 12:12 PM
don't sleep on DJ Stewart--I think he will be all Freshman SEC, And we have a transfer Big man that sat out this year.

who is that? Wasn't aware we had a transfer sitting out right now.

msstate7
03-28-2019, 12:16 PM
who is that? Wasn't aware we had a transfer sitting out right now.

Prince orduro

Political Hack
03-28-2019, 12:33 PM
I haven't seen DJ's game, but if he could provide that off the bench it's going to really open up the floor.

I think Woodard will score in spurts but it's going to be difficult for him to have the same consistency Q did IMO. Q finished long at the rack. Very difficult to defend him because of that. He's also got a quick and high release which forced defenders to close out on him hard. I've always wondered if he'll be athletic enough to survive in the NBA, especially defensively. However, he's got a rare combo as a scorer that's going to give him a chance.

Ari Gold
03-28-2019, 04:39 PM
It’s amazing that some on here didn’t see how big a deal losing Nick was
It’s was Huge
I expect him to have a big year next year.