PDA

View Full Version : Rotation this Week

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2019, 12:33 PM
Today - Cerantola

Thurs - Small
Fri - Ginn
Sat - TBA

Props to the staff on 1. To keep running Ceratola out there and 2. To have Plumlee as a weekend option.

KOdawg1
03-26-2019, 12:40 PM
Lemonis reads ED

I'm only half joking

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2019, 12:48 PM
Lemonis reads ED

I'm only half joking

Early indications are that this staff has a boat load of common sense and doesn't attempt to get cute. They understand their personnel and have no issue allowing the most talented players to work through things.

This allows guys on the team to know their roles while also building security and confidence in themselves

chef dixon
03-26-2019, 01:23 PM
I would start James again Saturday with a short leash to Plumlee

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2019, 01:28 PM
I would start James again Saturday with a short leash to Plumlee

I don't disagree with this, but I'd tell James, that if I see a fastball under 92-93 mph, he's coming out.

See if we can get 2 or 3 quality innings from him doing that, and then bridge it from there.

basedog
03-26-2019, 03:30 PM
I don't disagree with this, but I'd tell James, that if I see a fastball under 92-93 mph, he's coming out.

See if we can get 2 or 3 quality innings from him doing that, and then bridge it from there.

I would think asking a pitcher to throw as hard as one can might damage ones arm. Overthrowing is asking for arm trouble, pitchers need to relax and stay in there own comfort zone.

Where did you play baseball, just wondering?

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2019, 03:38 PM
I would think asking a pitcher to throw as hard as one can might damage ones arm. Overthrowing is asking for arm trouble, pitchers need to relax and stay in there own comfort zone.

School of Hard Knocks

You just tell him treat the outing like he's a reliever, meaning you throw with more maximum effort.

basedog
03-26-2019, 04:11 PM
School of Hard Knocks

You just tell him treat the outing like he's a reliever, meaning you throw with more maximum effort.

LOL, ok on max effort which may not be in the 92-93 effort. I do think he is a mid week relieve pitcher and maybe a situation reliever to a batter or two in Sec play.

Is School of Hard Knocks a baseball school**

CadaverDawg
03-26-2019, 04:18 PM

Keegan throws mid 90's when he comes in for relief, but has dialed it back to upper 80's and low 90's since starting in an attempt to have more endurance. I think Shotgun was simply saying he should approach it like relief and not hold back, bc 2 innings of "Good Keegan" is better than 4 innings of "meh Keegan". But I may be wrong in what he meant

KOdawg1
03-26-2019, 04:24 PM
Keegan throws mid 90's when he comes in for relief, but has dialed it back to upper 80's and low 90's since starting in an attempt to have more endurance. I think Shotgun was simply saying he should approach it like relief and not hold back, bc 2 innings of "Good Keegan" is better than 4 innings of "meh Keegan". But I may be wrong in what he meant

Basedog doesn't like Shotgun

Todd4State
03-26-2019, 04:28 PM
I don't think Plumlee is the answer either. Our best hope is either Cerentola or Spring. I wouldn't be surprised if tonight isn't an audition for the Sunday job.

BrunswickDawg
03-26-2019, 04:32 PM
I don't think Plumlee is the answer either. Our best hope is either Cerentola or Spring. I wouldn't be surprised if tonight isn't an audition for the Sunday job.

Didn't someone say that last week - right before Cerentola and Plumlee got rocked?

basedog
03-26-2019, 04:36 PM
Basedog doesn't like Shotgun

LOL, I think there are way more ED folks who get after him than I. I thought my reply was nice and not mean, LOL

Stay In Your Lane** or is it Stay Off My Lawn**

KOdawg1
03-26-2019, 04:36 PM
I might get blasted for this, but why not have Gordon be our Sunday starter? He pitched a few Sundays last year and did well. He pounds the zone and can give you a solid 5 innings. Have Keegan revert back to a reliever role where he's more effective anyway.

Only problem with this is it leaves us without a closer.

KOdawg1
03-26-2019, 04:37 PM
LOL, I think there are way more ED folks who get after him than I. I thought my reply was nice and not mean, LOL

Haha, I too was just lightly playing man. You're good old man

chef dixon
03-26-2019, 04:37 PM
Didn't someone say that last week - right before Cerentola and Plumlee got rocked?

Yep. Our baseball guys get stuck on ideas of who they want to turn into the guys based on talent. Just like half the board pretty much wanting Skelton and Halter phased out from the start

basedog
03-26-2019, 04:40 PM
Haha, I too was just lightly playing man. You're good old man

Describe old? I just rode my bike 22 miles, do it a lot.

+1 to you anyway!

yjnkdawg
03-26-2019, 04:48 PM
I might get blasted for this, but why not have Gordon be our Sunday starter? He pitched a few Sundays last year and did well. He pounds the zone and can give you a solid 5 innings. Have Keegan revert back to a reliever role where he's more effective anyway.

Only problem with this is it leaves us without a closer.

I think Gordon has found his niche as a reliever/closer.

yjnkdawg
03-26-2019, 04:50 PM

Yep and Yep and Yep LOL

yjnkdawg
03-26-2019, 04:59 PM
LOL, ok on max effort which may not be in the 92-93 effort. I do think he is a mid week relieve pitcher and maybe a situation reliever to a batter or two in Sec play.

Is School of Hard Knocks a baseball school**

I have heard of that school, but I was not aware it had a baseball program, a football program, or a basketball program. :D

BrunswickDawg
03-26-2019, 05:03 PM
I have heard of that school, but I was not aware it had a baseball program, a football program, or a basketball program. :D
They are known for their arm-chair coaching program.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2019, 05:07 PM

We'll see who's laughing when Keegan does exactly what I said Sat

basedog
03-26-2019, 05:10 PM

Now that is funny!:cool:

yjnkdawg
03-26-2019, 05:18 PM

Gotcha! So the school develops students into coaches specifically to coach on sports' message boards, or in this particular case, on ED. :cool:

Todd4State
03-26-2019, 05:37 PM

Someone also said that we should play Cumbest despite people saying he wasn't ready.

The Federalist Engineer
03-26-2019, 06:01 PM
Someone also said that we should play Cumbest despite people saying he wasn't ready.

Since I made Rowdey hot by saying that he should sit for a while...

Keegan should be replaced with Brandon Smith and be used for luxury middle relief. KJ is a 4th year guy and can thrive in that role. KJ kept us in the Oregon State game after JB's rough start.

I think that could be KJ's best role. Due to injury and recovery- he has never actually been a starter for us. Some dudes are just better that way. Lindy and Paul Brown were great middle relief after having rough starter stats

Since I have 1000's of credit hours listening to Jim Ellis, I am qualified to make this call.

TNDawg35
03-26-2019, 06:38 PM
Could you imagine if we had Graham Ashcraft pitching Sunday’s or midweek. We would legit 4 starters if Keegan can get it together.

HoopsDawg
03-26-2019, 06:52 PM
Could you imagine if we had Graham Ashcraft pitching Sunday’s or midweek. We would legit 4 starters if Keegan can get it together.

Or Carter freaking Stewart. Small and Ginn have been so good, we could attack Sunday without worrying about a Starter. Go KJ 3, Self 2, Barlow 1, Cole 3.