PDA

View Full Version : Which SEC Weekend Schedule do you Prefer?

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2019, 09:54 AM
So this week we are playing Thursday, Friday, Sat instead of the typical Fri, Sat, Sun.

Which schedule do you prefer?

Really this comes down to whether you prefer Sunday games or Thursday games?

One cool thing that I like about the Thursday schedule is that the Saturday game is the climax & finality of the weekend. I often think the Sunday's games can be a little anti-climatic after the Saturday party, but the Thursday schedule allows for a climatic Saturday, which I think is pretty cool.

What say you?

Activated Alpha
03-26-2019, 10:11 AM
So this week we are playing Thursday, Friday, Sat instead of the typical Fri, Sat, Sun.

One cool thing that I like about the Thursday schedule is that the Saturday game is the climax & finality of the weekend. I often think the Sunday's games can be a little anti-climatic after the Saturday party, but the Thursday schedule allows for a climatic Saturday, which I think is pretty cool.

What say you?

Allows for a bigger crowd on Saturday to get us an advantage on the sweep. So I like Thursday-Sat

Randolph Dupree
03-26-2019, 10:17 AM
Personally I prefer the Fri-Sunday games because I can legitimately attend both. I can't make Thursday or Friday games. I'm also good with a Saturday double header, especially this time of year before it gets too hot. All that being said, a Thursday-Saturday series is smart to schedule ahead of the tournament or even a big weekend...

MedDawg
03-26-2019, 10:19 AM

What say you?

We find places to stay in Starkville to see all three so I prefer Fri-Sun becaue I can't always take vacation. This week we will drive back home after the Thursday game, then drive back to Starkville after work Friday and spend Friday night.

I agree about Sunday being anti-climactic, so having the finals on Saturday for LSU may turn out to be the best. If we win Thursday and Friday, we will have a HUGE crowd for Saturday.

OM had a Sunday game that didn't start until 3. I wish we could do that, and we would get a bigger Sunday crowd who would drive a couple hours after church.

smootness
03-26-2019, 10:27 AM
Allows for a bigger crowd on Saturday to get us an advantage on the sweep. So I like Thursday-Sat

You play Saturday either way. Wouldn't the discussion be the difference between Thursday and Sunday crowds?

I would assume Sunday crowds are bigger.

Todd4State
03-26-2019, 10:31 AM
Friday and then Saturday double header.

ShotgunDawg
03-26-2019, 10:34 AM

Cheater

This is definitely the best, but that wasn't an option*

MedDawg
03-26-2019, 11:04 AM

THIS