PDA

View Full Version : WBK game vs Clemson

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:03 PM
I suppose ESPN will do the whiparound crap again tonight. If so, the game can't be seen here in its entirety ... streaming is blacked out. ESPN has a note that it's league policy, not ESPN's.

Looks like UConn is about to start but not sure who they're playing.

CadaverDawg
03-24-2019, 06:04 PM
Got so wrapped up in baseball that I forgot the women's game. What time do we play?

yjnkdawg
03-24-2019, 06:06 PM
DELETE

yjnkdawg
03-24-2019, 06:08 PM
Got so wrapped up in baseball that I forgot the women's game. What time do we play?

It is scheduled for 8:00 on ESPN.

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:09 PM

Approximately 8:00. I think it's 30 minutes after the other game in the Hump is over. I don't know who's playing in that one.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2019, 06:11 PM
I suppose ESPN will do the whiparound crap again tonight. If so, the game can't be seen here in its entirety ... streaming is blacked out. ESPN has a note that it's league policy, not ESPN's.

Looks like UConn is about to start but not sure who they're playing.

That is true. I live in central Mississippi and I was able to see our game in it's entirety with no whip around during the game.

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:12 PM
I live in central Mississippi and I was able to see our game in it's entirety with no whip around during the game.

I suppose they do it by state. I got to see one quarter of our game, then it went to Miami/whoever they were playing. I tried streaming on Roku and it was blacked out. The only women's game available in Alabama was South Alabama as I recall. All the men's games are on.

The new Roku Ultra comes in tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see if it's worth the $94 it cost. But as I mentioned, I'll just take the current stick and move it to the bedroom, so all is not lost.

Quaoarsking
03-24-2019, 06:13 PM
Approximately 8:00. I think it's 30 minutes after the other game in the Hump is over. I don't know who's playing in that one.

There is no other game, so we will start right at 8. And it's on the main ESPN with no whiparound.

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:15 PM
UConn is playing Buffalo. Score is 11-0 ... might be the first shutout in basketball history.

Didn't we play Buffalo at some point last year? They seem to be a pretty stereotypical women's team.

Make that 15-0. Buffalo has 6 turnovers 4 minutes into the game ....

Leeshouldveflanked
03-24-2019, 06:16 PM
If you have Directv the whole game will be shown on channel 790 or so....

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:16 PM
There is no other game, so we will start right at 8. And it's on the main ESPN with no whiparound.

Hopefully we get full coverage then. Maybe all the 1-seeds get a little priority for coverage.

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:17 PM
If you have Directv the whole game will be shown on channel 790 or so....

I have Dish, and it was on some channel, but was blacked out outside Mississippi.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2019, 06:19 PM

There is not another game in the Hump today. Clemson and us are the last two teams playing to move on to Portland. I guess there could be some ESPN scheduling issue that could delay tip off.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2019, 06:22 PM
I suppose they do it by state. I got to see one quarter of our game, then it went to Miami/whoever they were playing. I tried streaming on Roku and it was blacked out. The only women's game available in Alabama was South Alabama as I recall. All the men's games are on.

The new Roku Ultra comes in tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see if it's worth the $94 it cost. But as I mentioned, I'll just take the current stick and move it to the bedroom, so all is not lost.

It didn't help very much. See my post on the other thread.

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:26 PM
It didn't help very much. See my post on the other thread.

Well, that's too bad. I was more irritated with loading speed rather than clearing up the jitters. Surely that'll be faster.

You might want to turn to CBS and watch UCF/Duke. 74-70 UCF w/ 2 minutes left.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2019, 06:34 PM
Well, that's too bad. I was more irritated with loading speed rather than clearing up the jitters. Surely that'll be faster.

You might want to turn to CBS and watch UCF/Duke. 74-70 UCF w/ 2 minutes left.

It does seem to load faster. I hate to turn it on and jinx UCF like it seemed like I did back when the ECU pitcher had a no hitter against OM after two outs in the ninth, and I watched the ninth inning. :(

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:47 PM
It does seem to load faster. I hate to turn it on and jinx UCF like it seemed like I did back when the ECU pitcher had a no hitter against OM after two outs in the ninth, and I watched the ninth inning. :(

It probably wasn't you, but Duke won by 1. Duke was down 2, and UCF's big guy fouled Zion and that was his 5th. Zion made the first, missed the second non-intentionally, and Duke got the rebound and scored. UCF failed to score then with 7 seconds left.

tcdog70
03-24-2019, 06:48 PM
790 on directv

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 06:50 PM
Looks like Gino shaved his beard. I wonder if he was growing it until Katie Lou came back?

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 08:21 PM
Jordan Danberry came to play tonight. That girl is fast!

CadaverDawg
03-24-2019, 08:28 PM
Danberry and Holmes are ready

RocketDawg
03-24-2019, 08:55 PM
The girls are doing good. 19 point lead at the half.

maroonmania
03-24-2019, 08:56 PM
Dang, I know our women's team has earned it, but I wish our men's team could get as good a call from the refs as our women's team is getting tonight.

Scared_Hitless
03-24-2019, 08:57 PM
This team is going to be a problem for anyone. Wont be shocked if they win the whole damn thing

maroonmania
03-24-2019, 09:24 PM
Its kind of humorous but Danberry never gives up the ball on the break and Clemson is figuring that out. She just got her shot blocked going in when she had a teammate open on the other side.

maroonmania
03-24-2019, 09:40 PM
That call was BS. So if Clemson asks for possession of the ball they get it?

mparkerfd20
03-24-2019, 09:41 PM
That call was BS. So if Clemson asks for possession of the ball they get it?

Horrible officiating

Liverpooldawg
03-24-2019, 09:42 PM
These refs are terrible.

maroonmania
03-24-2019, 09:43 PM
Horrible officiating

And then the play by play man begging the refs to call the 4th foul on Big T.

starkvegasdawg
03-24-2019, 09:44 PM
Everybody wants to see #1 get beat.

Red Sox Dawg
03-24-2019, 09:51 PM
And then the play by play man begging the refs to call the 4th foul on Big T.

Did he graduate from Clemson of something? He is really pumping everything Clemson does.

starkvegasdawg
03-24-2019, 09:52 PM
How many points has Clemson made on getting back and beating our team back on an inbound?

Drugdog
03-24-2019, 09:53 PM
How many points has Clemson made on getting back and beating our team back on an inbound?

A lot

Dawg2003
03-24-2019, 10:24 PM
Our full court press will get exposed against better teams.

Lord McBuckethead
03-24-2019, 11:10 PM
Oregon scored about 65 pts on us last time from fast breaks after baskets and gettin T out to the top of the key and passing under if I am not mistaken. Oregon shoots the hell out of the ball too. Going to be a tough one if they make it there.

Dawg2003
03-25-2019, 12:01 AM
Let's hope Vic pulls them out of the press like he did when we played South Carolina.

mstatefan91
03-25-2019, 12:14 AM
Our full court press will get exposed against better teams.

We are 32-2 and some of you have been saying this shit all season long. Coach Vic knows the team he has and he knows the teams in front of him. If we get beat because of that then we were never going to win. Basically I'm telling you that you don't know as much as you think you do.. ok bye

mstatefan91
03-25-2019, 12:19 AM
Oregon scored about 65 pts on us last time from fast breaks after baskets and gettin T out to the top of the key and passing under if I am not mistaken. Oregon shoots the hell out of the ball too. Going to be a tough one if they make it there.

We win by 10 if Oregon doesn't get bounced. I just have faith in coach and company. They have been stewing on it.

They beat us at their place across the country on a school night at basically 1 am.. not normal circumstances.

Dawg2003
03-25-2019, 06:55 AM
We are 32-2 and some of you have been saying this shit all season long. Coach Vic knows the team he has and he knows the teams in front of him. If we get beat because of that then we were never going to win. Basically I'm telling you that you don't know as much as you think you do.. ok bye

Well, we haven't beaten a top 10 team, so we aren't tested in that regard. That Charmin soft schedule might come back to bite us. Second, Vic has pulled them out of the press because they were getting burned so badly. Examples are South Carolina and Georgia. He should have done so against Marquette. Marquette and South Carolina were our two best wins, and they burned us in the press. So you can bet a team like UConn or Notre Dame will exploit that. We damn near lost to Georgia and Marquette because they kept beating our press.

But Vic has shown flexibility with his defensive scheme since SEC play started. I think that Vic wants an identity as a defensive coach, but his last two teams, this year especially, have been better offensively.

Dawg2003
03-25-2019, 07:00 AM
The thing to remember going forward is that this team beat a lot of bad teams and hasn't been tested in awhile. When your best win is at South Carolina, you haven't proven you can beat an elite team. I hope we win the whole damn thing, but I'm exercising caution.

basedog
03-25-2019, 07:01 AM
When your team goes 32-2 and your fans have doubts about what your Coach teachings are brings to the games.....oh sorry it's a message board discussion**

Worried we didn't beat a top team, really? John McEnroe says "you must be kidding"**

mstatefan91
03-25-2019, 09:44 AM
The thing to remember going forward is that this team beat a lot of bad teams and hasn't been tested in awhile. When your best win is at South Carolina, you haven't proven you can beat an elite team. I hope we win the whole damn thing, but I'm exercising caution.

Some of you really don't know how to just be a fan sometimes.. so caught up in "now, wait just a minute cause we could royally fail".. I mean yeah no shit. We are MSU but I trust Vic. He's earned it.

Lord McBuckethead
03-25-2019, 02:47 PM
So when is T going to get a foul for throwing that elbow on her turn? Over the past 4 weeks she has been pushing it a little more every game until she basically cleared out under the basketball yesterday in her next to last basket.

Commercecomet24
03-25-2019, 03:21 PM
When your team goes 32-2 and your fans have doubts about what your Coach teachings are brings to the games.....oh sorry it's a message board discussion**

Worried we didn't beat a top team, really? John McEnroe says "you must be kidding"**

This. Don't get to 32-2 and make to at the very least the Sweet 16 without being a dang good team and having a dang good coach! We dominated the majority of our games which makes good teams we beat look not so good. We are talented and well coached, enjoy the ride!

Scared_Hitless
03-25-2019, 03:28 PM
So is it going to be our lack of outside shooting or our shitty press that causes us to get steamrolled? I think Vic has a better handle on this team than the message board. He has a pretty good idea of what it takes to beat good teams I think we are going to be okay. Oregon will be a test as will any team we play in the Elite 8 you only facing Elite teams at that point. UCONN is not what we are used too and they are very beatable. Louisville looks good and I think Baylor would be our toughest test, but to say we have all these issues at 32-2 is hard to stomach. Enjoy the damn ride.

Cooterpoot
03-25-2019, 03:38 PM
Well, we haven't beaten a top 10 team, so we aren't tested in that regard. That Charmin soft schedule might come back to bite us. Second, Vic has pulled them out of the press because they were getting burned so badly. Examples are South Carolina and Georgia. He should have done so against Marquette. Marquette and South Carolina were our two best wins, and they burned us in the press. So you can bet a team like UConn or Notre Dame will exploit that. We damn near lost to Georgia and Marquette because they kept beating our press.

But Vic has shown flexibility with his defensive scheme since SEC play started. I think that Vic wants an identity as a defensive coach, but his last two teams, this year especially, have been better offensively.

So, possibly a qtr. of the Sweet 16 will be SEC teams but we haven?t beaten anyone. Ok.

basedog
03-25-2019, 04:04 PM
This. Don't get to 32-2 and make to at the very least the Sweet 16 without being a dang good team and having a dang good coach! We dominated the majority of our games which makes good teams we beat look not so good. We are talented and well coached, enjoy the ride!

All day, all week and twice on Sunday 24! We all need to enjoy the ride.

basedog
03-25-2019, 04:05 PM
So, possibly a qtr. of the Sweet 16 will be SEC teams but we haven?t beaten anyone. Ok.

+1

99jc
03-25-2019, 05:12 PM
We have some of the most ignorant fans in America.

Dawg2003
03-25-2019, 05:15 PM

Can you objectively look at our resume and say we have any loud wins?

Dawg2003
03-25-2019, 05:20 PM
So is it going to be our lack of outside shooting or our shitty press that causes us to get steamrolled? I think Vic has a better handle on this team than the message board. He has a pretty good idea of what it takes to beat good teams I think we are going to be okay. Oregon will be a test as will any team we play in the Elite 8 you only facing Elite teams at that point. UCONN is not what we are used too and they are very beatable. Louisville looks good and I think Baylor would be our toughest test, but to say we have all these issues at 32-2 is hard to stomach. Enjoy the damn ride.

Well, a message board is used to discuss teams. I mean, it's fine if you disagree, but there's not a lot of substance in the disagreements. I've said all along we have a shot to win it all this year, but every team has weaknesses that can be exploited. It's okay to discuss them without the message board falling apart. It's well known we played a soft schedule and have problems with transition D and our full court press. We were burned multiple times last night in transition, but Clemson didn't have enough talent to beat us. Better teams will.