PDA

View Full Version : what the heck is the Magnolia Bowl?

notsofarawaydawg
10-21-2013, 01:18 PM
Idiots destroy trophy after game (http://www.lostlettermen.com/ole-miss-breaks-magnolia-bowl-trophy/)

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 01:22 PM
Ole Miss uses is as a recruiting tool. It's just like a BCS trophy, only different.

fishwater99
10-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Ole Miss uses is as a recruiting tool. It's just like a BCS trophy, only different.

I thought they made up the trophy for their real Rival, LSU...

Bubb Rubb
10-21-2013, 02:01 PM

The banner is forthcoming.

"2013 Magnolia Bowl Champions"

Barking 13
10-21-2013, 02:23 PM
The Magnolia Bowl? It's a former football venue in Columbus where S.D. Lee High School Generals (like MSU) and R.S. Caldwell High School Bobcats (like OM) used to play***

Also called Saunders Field

http://lowndeslibarchives.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/the-magnolia-bowl-and-junkyard-cars/

C222
10-21-2013, 02:26 PM
Idiots destroy trophy after game (http://www.lostlettermen.com/ole-miss-breaks-magnolia-bowl-trophy/)

I honestly forgot they played that game for a trophy. That is hilarious.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2013, 02:33 PM

One difference that stand out is when LSU has it, it is stuck in a closet or corner and used as a hat rack and when Ole Miss has it, it is displayed. But I would not be surprise if LSU just let's Ole Miss keep it regardless due to the fact they don't want to full with it.

Drugdog
10-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Shep Smith was just Bragging about the trophy being in Oxford again. The most gay group of alumni ever.

MarketingBully01
10-21-2013, 02:52 PM
LOL, they look really dumb hoisting up a broken trophy. Just really dumb...

Dental Dawg
10-21-2013, 02:59 PM
I'm surprised LSU even bothered bringing that broke piece of shit from Baton Rouge for the game. If I were them, I would just ship it next day ground in the unlikely event it would ever change hands and go back to Oxford.

MarketingBully01
10-21-2013, 03:24 PM
Last time they had that trophy, they lost a golden football a month later...hmmm I see a correlation.

The Lord Humongous
10-21-2013, 05:09 PM
LSU is the one that proposed naming the game and having a trophy. Their students. I wouldn't have believed it but there was a newspaper story on it whenever they started this thing a few years ago. Ole Miss was happy to comply but I can't rightly give them shit over it when it was LSU that started it. LSU never really has had a single huge game to point to. Bama has UT and Auburn, Auburn has Bama, Arkansas seemed like a good idea, but...meh, A&M could become that game but it's not at this point. Tulane isn't competitive or even on the schedule anymore. I think they got stuck and had this half-ass idea and here we are...

...a game with a stupid name and the ugliest and cheapest looking trophy I've ever seen.