PDA

View Full Version : Saturday night baseball score update

MetEdDawg
03-23-2019, 08:58 PM
Sorry folks. Got crazy busy being pissed off last night I completely forgot to do a score update. Comprehensive list coming up:

#4 Louisville loses to Georgia Tech 4-0. That's a series LOSS for them after losing to Tech last night. Tech goes for the sweep tomorrow.

#10 LSU blanked by UGA 2-0. LSU won 1-0 last night. Massive rubber match tomorrow.

#13 Texas A&M wins the series over Kentucky with a 9-3 win tonight. Going for the sweep tomorrow.

#8 Vandy beats #14 Florida 14-4. That's a series win for Vandy. I said a couple weeks ago I thought Florida was a team that would end up unranked and not hosting. They are on that path and don't look good. Bad team in Gainesville this year.

#18 Ole Miss beats Missouri 3-0. Rubber match tomorrow as Ole Miss lost Friday night.

#19 Texas Tech beats #24 Michigan 8-5. Series win for the Red Raiders, who will go for the sweep tomorrow.

#11 Arkansas gets blanked and whipped by Bama 10-0. Rubber match tomorrow. Would be an ugly series loss for Arkansas.

#20 East Carolina beats UCF 7-4 and takes the series. Chance to sweep tomorrow. Good week so far for our ranked non conference opponents.

#1 UCLA scores 2 in the 8th to beat Arizona 12-10. Looking for the sweep tomorrow.

#3 Stanford beats Utah 7-6 in 12 innings. Series win for Stanford.

#6 NC State beats Miami 7-6. Miami scored 4 in the 9th to make that one close

Southern Miss now on a roll. Winners of 6 straight including a series sweep of La Tech last weekend. Have beaten Old Dominion twice and going for the sweep tomorrow. Their RPI is up to 74 so they are starting to get this thing turned around.

Couple more games going on that I may update later. But there is your comprehensive 2 day update on the college baseball from around the country

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2019, 09:08 PM
We're gonna win this thing. Like the whole 17ing thing

We've yet to lose game by more than 1 run. one of those was extra innings, one was when Florida robbed a go ahead homerun, & the other was when we blew a 5-0 lead & only lost by 1 run.

We've scored 207 runs while only having 58 scored on us. If this were SB Nation's Bill Connelly doing advanced analytics, we'd be numero uno & cleary the best team in america.

We are #2 in the SEC in batting average
#3 in slugging %
#2 in runs scored
#2 in hits
#1 in doubles
#1 in total bases
#13 in offensive strikeouts, which is good
#4 in ERA
#3 in opposing BA
#1 in strike outs by our pitchers

So basically, in a nut shell, we hit the ball hard, score lots of runs, don't give up runs, & strike out a ton of people.

We may lose tomorrow, but this team is going deep in Omaha & likely the championship series.

You can take that to the 17ing bank baring injury. We would have to be upset to not get there

MaroonFlounder
03-23-2019, 10:15 PM
We've yet to lose game by more than 1 run.

We lost by 2 in game 3 of the UF series. 4-2

Dawgcap
03-23-2019, 10:22 PM
Sorry folks. Got crazy busy being pissed off last night I completely forgot to do a score update. Comprehensive list coming up:

#4 Louisville loses to Georgia Tech 4-0. That's a series LOSS for them after losing to Tech last night. Tech goes for the sweep tomorrow.

#10 LSU blanked by UGA 2-0. LSU won 1-0 last night. Massive rubber match tomorrow.

#13 Texas A&M wins the series over Kentucky with a 9-3 win tonight. Going for the sweep tomorrow.

#8 Vandy beats #14 Florida 14-4. That's a series win for Vandy. I said a couple weeks ago I thought Florida was a team that would end up unranked and not hosting. They are on that path and don't look good. Bad team in Gainesville this year.

#18 Ole Miss beats Missouri 3-0. Rubber match tomorrow as Ole Miss lost Friday night.

#19 Texas Tech beats #24 Michigan 8-5. Series win for the Red Raiders, who will go for the sweep tomorrow.

#11 Arkansas gets blanked and whipped by Bama 10-0. Rubber match tomorrow. Would be an ugly series loss for Arkansas.

#20 East Carolina beats UCF 7-4 and takes the series. Chance to sweep tomorrow. Good week so far for our ranked non conference opponents.

#1 UCLA scores 2 in the 8th to beat Arizona 12-10. Looking for the sweep tomorrow.

#3 Stanford beats Utah 7-6 in 12 innings. Series win for Stanford.

#6 NC State beats Miami 7-6. Miami scored 4 in the 9th to make that one close

Southern Miss now on a roll. Winners of 6 straight including a series sweep of La Tech last weekend. Have beaten Old Dominion twice and going for the sweep tomorrow. Their RPI is up to 74 so they are starting to get this thing turned around.

Couple more games going on that I may update later. But there is your comprehensive 2 day update on the college baseball from around the country
Not being a smart ass but a loss last nice is no different than game 3 against Florida

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2019, 10:36 PM
We lost by 2 in game 3 of the UF series. 4-2

Ah. That's right

MetEdDawg
03-24-2019, 06:53 AM
Not being a smart ass but a loss last nice is no different than game 3 against Florida

My only comment on this:

You are dead wrong because now we have to rely on Keegan James and most likely at least 4 innings of bullpen to win the series instead of already having it secured.

IMissJack
03-24-2019, 09:55 AM
A sweep would have been massive this weekend.

basedog
03-24-2019, 10:11 AM
My only comment on this:

You are dead wrong because now we have to rely on Keegan James and most likely at least 4 innings of bullpen to win the series instead of already having it secured.

Yes to this!

MetEdDawg
03-24-2019, 10:26 AM
A sweep would have been massive this weekend.

True. But if we win every series 2 out of 3 we will be a national seed, have a great chance to win the conference, and possibly be the number 1 overall seed in the country. 20-10 in conference with our schedule would be very good. We could end up playing 8 conference series against ranked opponents.

Gutter Cobreh
03-24-2019, 10:34 AM
True. But if we win every series 2 out of 3 we will be a national seed, have a great chance to win the conference, and possibly be the number 1 overall seed in the country. 20-10 in conference with our schedule would be very good. We could end up playing 8 conference series against ranked opponents.

Can we please sticky this comment and make everyone read it before they're allowed to comment on a baseball post? This is what every one of our fans should concern themselves with...