PDA

View Full Version : General Admission baseball tickets

lefty96
03-23-2019, 09:45 AM
I've got GA tickets for the LSU series. Where can you sit with these? Are there any spots better than others. I haven't sat anywhere but the lounge before and that was eons ago so I am clueless as to how GA tickets work for the rest of the stadium. Any help would be great.

WSOPdawg
03-23-2019, 10:34 AM
Grass berm along LF or RF lines where you can throw a blanket or drop a chair. Basically standing-room only tix that allows you complete access throughout the entire concourse with a view of the field from all areas.

HoopsDawg
03-23-2019, 11:11 AM
You can stand the whole game or you can sit on the berms if you get there soon enough. You may be able to find a grandstand seat after the 5th inning if you can get by an usher.

msudawg1200
03-23-2019, 06:07 PM
You’d better get there early. My son, who is a student, got there 30 minutes before the game today and had to stand three deep in the concourse by our dugout.

ScoobaDawg
03-23-2019, 06:18 PM
Hmm I'd love to see some pictures of the stadium today then if it was already that hard to find a spot to stand or sit. wonder how full the outfield was or side areas.

HoopsDawg
03-23-2019, 06:19 PM
Hmm I'd love to see some pictures of the stadium today then if it was already that hard to find a spot to stand or sit. wonder how full the outfield was or side areas.

packed everywhere but the grandstands.

msstatelp1
03-23-2019, 07:08 PM

Pictures I've seen looked like a decent grandstand crowd but like you said not packed. Guess Cohen got what he wanted.

Homedawg
03-23-2019, 07:56 PM

Grandstands were pretty full. Most full they have been all year. Club level had most empty seats. Which doesn't mean much don't know how many were inside sitting

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2019, 07:56 PM
Here is from the first inning today. Lots of people disguised as empty seats behind the plate

https://i.imgur.com/6yRk5J1.jpg

Homedawg
03-23-2019, 07:57 PM

Outfield was full but could hold plenty more. Standing room on sides were full. Berms packed.

dickiedawg
03-23-2019, 07:57 PM
There was a lot more standing room in the outfield. We can easily break the all time record.

Homedawg
03-23-2019, 07:58 PM
Here is from the first inning today. Lots of people disguised as empty seats behind the plate

The most empty section in inning 3 was the one right behind home other than that most were pretty full

ShotgunDawg
03-23-2019, 08:00 PM
There was a lot more standing room in the outfield. We can easily break the all time record.

If so, we are going to put 17K in there this season

ScoobaDawg
03-23-2019, 08:11 PM

That's what I figured... people were only standing 3 rows deep..back they wanted to stand in the concourse of the infield. I don't blame them I'm sure it's a great view. But ..not a full stadium.

ScoobaDawg
03-23-2019, 08:12 PM

With the way we are playing... get to SBW and you will find out the point where the fire marshall closes the gates again..

MaroonBelle
03-23-2019, 08:34 PM

The stands were a little late arriving. I imagine parking was a bitch if u didn't have a pass with softball and track and field going on at the same time.

I would love to post a pic I took later in the game but before the fifth but I don't have the ability to post attachments for some reason.. But there were way more than in this picture. I'd say 90% full for most of the game.

Homedawg
03-23-2019, 09:03 PM

It won't hold that legitimately

Homedawg
03-23-2019, 09:04 PM
The stands were a little late arriving. I imagine parking was a bitch if u didn't have a pass with softball and track and field going on at the same time.

I would love to post a pic I took later in the game but before the fifth but I don't have the ability to post attachments for some reason.. But there were way more than in this picture. I'd say 90% full for most of the game.

This.

confucius say
03-24-2019, 08:48 AM
Go look at Brandon walker's tweet of a 20 second video of the stadium yesterday. Grandstands were 85-90% full at that time

sleepy dawg
03-24-2019, 08:53 AM
Bring tailgate chairs and be a little early. That's my best advice from my recent trip. I did not do this, but I will definitely next time.

lefty96
03-24-2019, 02:43 PM
Do they allow coolers on the berms? How carefully do they check them if so.

timotheus
03-24-2019, 06:26 PM
Dude by me had his cooler. Ultra's are tasty

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-25-2019, 11:30 AM

So don?t go unless you have a ticket in the grandstands?
I?m looking to go to a game or two this year so if anybody has four Sunday tickets they want to sell on the cheap I?m interested. I promise to have at least two people with maroon on and I?ll wear some Mississippi College colors instead of OM.
PS Tickets must be chair back because of a bad back.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-25-2019, 11:32 AM

Are there shuttles if you don?t have a parking pass?

DawgFromOxford
03-25-2019, 11:44 AM
Do they allow coolers on the berms? How carefully do they check them if so.

Coolers are allowed as long as they fit within the size requirements. They don't thoroughly check them. Put the good stuff at the bottom and cover with ice and a water bottle or two and you're good. They won't dig through your cooler. You just have to open the top and let them look.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-25-2019, 11:48 AM
I?m looking to go to a game or two this year so if anybody has four Sunday tickets they want to sell on the cheap I?m interested. I promise to have at least two people with maroon on and I?ll wear some Mississippi College colors instead of OM.

I don?t know how to determine if someone has responded to my message so if you do have tickets you want to sell please email me. Thanks.

Homedawg
03-25-2019, 12:17 PM
I don?t know how to determine if someone has responded to my message so if you do have tickets you want to sell please email me. Thanks.

good luck

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-25-2019, 01:40 PM
good luck

Ha! Yeah kinda looks like a losing battle doesn?t it? Are you speaking from a not willing to part with a ticket or I am unwelcome standpoint?

MaroonBelle
03-25-2019, 02:12 PM

Can you sit in a folding chair? If so, come early (1.5 hr before first pitch) and find a spot on a berm using gen admission ticket. My cousin did that for this past Sunday's game and had no problem, sat right on the rail at the field. The right field berm fills up faster because it is closer to the parking lots so just go on over to the left field one. If you have handicapped decal there is a $5 lot across from the field for handicapped parking (also must arrive early before it gets filled.) There should be a shuttle to/from the technology park and from the back parking lot across from Zacharias Village dorms but for some reason they haven't thought of that yet. If not, there is a service called Cowbell carts that for a small fee ($3) will pick you up and take you to the field from other parts of campus. Have your kid look them up on twitter or online.

lefty96
03-25-2019, 02:37 PM
So they let in chairs?

They need footnotes on the rules so I can know which ones to ignore.

timotheus
03-25-2019, 02:39 PM
Yes, chairs are allowed on the grass berms.

Homedawg
03-25-2019, 03:45 PM
Ha! Yeah kinda looks like a losing battle doesn?t it? Are you speaking from a not willing to part with a ticket or I am unwelcome standpoint?

Well both i suppose. While I admire your honsety, you want cheap tickets and you're a rebel. So, no chance I'd sell you mine. I'd either give them away to a friend or sell them for what they are worth on stubhub. But I'd eat them before I sold them to you cheap. Just being honest. But, maybe you will get lucky and have a good time watching 3 L's.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-25-2019, 04:01 PM
Can you sit in a folding chair? If so, come early (1.5 hr before first pitch) and find a spot on a berm using gen admission ticket. My cousin did that for this past Sunday's game and had no problem, sat right on the rail at the field. The right field berm fills up faster because it is closer to the parking lots so just go on over to the left field one. If you have handicapped decal there is a $5 lot across from the field for handicapped parking (also must arrive early before it gets filled.) There should be a shuttle to/from the technology park and from the back parking lot across from Zacharias Village dorms but for some reason they haven't thought of that yet. If not, there is a service called Cowbell carts that for a small fee ($3) will pick you up and take you to the field from other parts of campus. Have your kid look them up on twitter or online.

This sounds fantastic. I?m going to screenshot this so I?ll be able to go back and read all of this come gameday.
Yes I have a handicapped tag so the lot close to the field sounds custom made for me.
I?m not sure which game(s) we?ll attend but I?ll post on here when I get it nailed down and maybe meet some of you guys if y?all don?t mind getting a little red and blue on ya! Seriously im not one that gets into the hate thing with sports. I like to joke around and pick here and there but it?s always good natured.
And thanks for posting all of this information maroon belle I really appreciate it.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-25-2019, 04:07 PM
Well both i suppose. While I admire your honsety, you want cheap tickets and you're a rebel. So, no chance I'd sell you mine. I'd either give them away to a friend or sell them for what they are worth on stubhub. But I'd eat them before I sold them to you cheap. Just being honest. But, maybe you will get lucky and have a good time watching 3 L's.
Man I hate to hear that. That just seems so hateful for something that’s supposed to be entertaining especially since that’s someone who has specifically said that they will be cheering for the bulldogs except when they play OM.

Homedawg
03-25-2019, 04:11 PM
Man I hate to hear that. That just seems so hateful for something that’s supposed to be entertaining especially since that’s someone who has specifically said that they will be cheering for the bulldogs except when they play OM.

Wasn't intended as hate. Sorry if you took it that way. . Good Luck. Maybe you find some, cheap,as you put it.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-25-2019, 05:05 PM
Wasn't intended as hate. Sorry if you took it that way. . Good Luck. Maybe you find some, cheap,as you put it.

Ok thanks

BuckyIsAB****
03-25-2019, 05:58 PM
So a GA ticket wont get you in the outfield?

msbulldog
03-25-2019, 06:27 PM
So a GA ticket wont get you in the outfield?

Oh yeah that's what the people that have spots in the lounge buy. (season GA tickets) When I go to sit with them I get a GA ticket.