PDA

View Full Version : Rumors circulating that UGA's DC is out

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
don't know if it's true or not, but will be interesting to see if they fire their DC after 3 losses.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 12:34 PM
Please make Chris Wilson the interim, Please make Chris Wilson the interim, Please make Chris Wilson the interim

msstate7
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
don't know if it's true or not, but will be interesting to see if they fire their DC after 3 losses.

As much as I like richt as a man, Georgia should fire him. Georgia should be a giant in college football, but richt always seems to fudge it up. Injuries have been an issue; but after seeing fsu roll Clemson, Georgia should've won also.

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Please make Chris Wilson the interim, Please make Chris Wilson the interim, Please make Chris Wilson the interim

+1000

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 12:42 PM

That would be weird - I watched that game, the defense didn't lose that game, the offense scored like 20 points, against Vandy.

smootness
10-21-2013, 12:55 PM
That would be weird - I watched that game, the defense didn't lose that game, the offense scored like 20 points, against Vandy.

It has nothing to do with that one game. Their defense has been bad for a few years now, and there is no reason for it with the amount of talent they have.

smootness
10-21-2013, 12:56 PM
As much as I like richt as a man, Georgia should fire him. Georgia should be a giant in college football, but richt always seems to fudge it up. Injuries have been an issue; but after seeing fsu roll Clemson, Georgia should've won also.

This is what always happens at Georgia. Everyone thinks they should be a monster program, but they can't ever actually do it. Richt has actually had much more success than their previous few coaches. He's still a very good coach, and he's bringing in a lot of talent.

His offense is still very good, the defense is the problem, and since VanGorder left, they can't seem to find anyone who can make them halfway decent.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 01:05 PM
This is what always happens at Georgia. Everyone thinks they should be a monster program, but they can't ever actually do it. Richt has actually had much more success than their previous few coaches. He's still a very good coach, and he's bringing in a lot of talent.

His offense is still very good, the defense is the problem, and since VanGorder left, they can't seem to find anyone who can make them halfway decent.

Who couldn't bring in great talent at Georgia? Like at lsu, there's no in-state competition, but there's much more talent. You're also bordering Florida.

If I'm Georgia, I fire richt. Then my first call is to jimbo fisher. If he won't leave, I call Charlie strong.

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Having grown up a UGA fan, I will tell you this - they are no where near the elite program that they make themselves out to be and they never have been. Outside of a 3 year stretch where Herschel dominated every opponent almost single handed, they have always been "almost" and have rarely ever put it all together. Think about how much you hear about them being "elite", but they only have 2 National Championships - one before most of you were born and the other was when my granddaddy was killing krauts.

People forget that prior to that 3 year run Dooley was enough on the hot seat that he almost left and went home to Auburn. Don't get me wrong, I'd trade for their history in a heartbeat - but they are much more like the Auburns or Clemsons of football than they are the Alabama of today or the Nebraska/Miami/Oklahoma teams that dominated for a long stretch in the past. They hover around 9-3/8-4, and then get competitive for 3-4 years at 10-2, but can't quite get there.

AlSwearengen
10-21-2013, 02:20 PM
Who couldn't bring in great talent at Georgia? Like at lsu, there's no in-state competition, but there's much more talent. You're also bordering Florida.

If I'm Georgia, I fire richt. Then my first call is to jimbo fisher. If he won't leave, I call Charlie strong.

I wonder how active Georgia's boosters are. They weren't active enough with Tunsil and I know they let most of the their other top targets get away from them last year. Richt may be what Freeze tries to appear to be and he keeps the boosters in check to a certain degree.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 02:32 PM
Having grown up a UGA fan, I will tell you this - they are no where near the elite program that they make themselves out to be and they never have been. Outside of a 3 year stretch where Herschel dominated every opponent almost single handed, they have always been "almost" and have rarely ever put it all together. Think about how much you hear about them being "elite", but they only have 2 National Championships - one before most of you were born and the other was when my granddaddy was killing krauts.

People forget that prior to that 3 year run Dooley was enough on the hot seat that he almost left and went home to Auburn. Don't get me wrong, I'd trade for their history in a heartbeat - but they are much more like the Auburns or Clemsons of football than they are the Alabama of today or the Nebraska/Miami/Oklahoma teams that dominated for a long stretch in the past. They hover around 9-3/8-4, and then get competitive for 3-4 years at 10-2, but can't quite get there.

The top 12 schools (players in nfl) are as follows:

1. USC ? 40 players
2. LSU ? 39
3. Miami ? 38
4. Georgia ? 36
5. Florida State ? 31
5. Texas ? 31
7. Alabama ? 30
7. Cal ? 30
7. Tennessee ? 30
10. Ohio State ? 27
10. Oregon ? 27
12. Florida ? 26

http://college-football.si.com/2013/09/12/opening-weekend-nfl-rosters/

Georgia, along with some other teams are really underperforming. Richt isn't getting the most out of the talent he has.

BrunswickDawg
10-21-2013, 02:54 PM
The top 12 schools (players in nfl) are as follows:

1. USC ? 40 players
2. LSU ? 39
3. Miami ? 38
4. Georgia ? 36
5. Florida State ? 31
5. Texas ? 31
7. Alabama ? 30
7. Cal ? 30
7. Tennessee ? 30
10. Ohio State ? 27
10. Oregon ? 27
12. Florida ? 26

http://college-football.si.com/2013/09/12/opening-weekend-nfl-rosters/

Georgia, along with some other teams are really underperforming. Richt isn't getting the most out of the talent he has.

I agree - I was mainly trying to point out that at UGA it hasn't only been Richt, it's been a pretty common theme through their history. Dooley won 6 SEC titles in 25 years, and 1 NC. Richt is pretty close to that pace. Outside of that 3 year run with Herschel, they have never dominated - and always have the talent to get there. What other school could you think of that could have Andre Hastings, Garrison Hearst, and Eric Ziere over a 5 year period and go 4-7, 9-3, 10-2, 5-6, & 6-4-1?? Really?? Terrell Davis could not even crack the lineup. Terrell Davis! Jim Donnan couldn't figure out how to use Hines Ward an kept those teams from getting over the hump. All things considered, Richt has had a much more consistent record, but they still can't get there. If it din't happen last year, it aint gonna happen.