PDA

View Full Version : Moorhead and Lemonis

MaroonFlounder
03-22-2019, 10:00 PM
Welcome to the big time. The SEC has a way of killing your soul.

Maroonthirteen
03-22-2019, 10:03 PM
State will win 17 (+\-1) And finish upper third of the conference like almost every year.

Joe had a 8 win season. North of average for MSU football.

Jack Lambert
03-22-2019, 10:08 PM
The melt is strong in this one.

MaroonFlounder
03-22-2019, 10:14 PM
Lemonis inherited a stout and talented team, just like Moorhead. Some folks will blow a gasket if he fails to make it to Omaha, or even worse, to a Super Regional.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-22-2019, 10:30 PM
LOL so blowing 1 lead to a top 15 team is newsworthy? Jesus man we're 17-3. We just won a series at Florida. We just let them chip away at us tonight... small leaves a couple up for homers, Auburn gets 2 weak ground outs that score runs, etc. It happens to literally every team in the country at all levels of baseball. It isn't newsworthy.

Compare him to Moorhead when we're putting up 4 runs in an entire weekend, which is the baseball equivalent to the Moorhead offense vs Kentucky, Florida,and LSU.

Mobile Bay
03-22-2019, 11:17 PM
At the end of the day we will fire both and this will be Cohen's legacy. Complete trash on every front.

Do not be surprised when Schafer leaves after this year.

Coursesuper
03-22-2019, 11:19 PM
LOL so blowing 1 lead to a top 15 team is newsworthy? Jesus man we're 17-3. We just won a series at Florida. We just let them chip away at us tonight... small leaves a couple up for homers, Auburn gets 2 weak ground outs that score runs, etc. It happens to literally every team in the country at all levels of baseball. It isn't newsworthy.

Compare him to Moorhead when we're putting up 4 runs in an entire weekend, which is the baseball equivalent to the Moorhead offense vs Kentucky, Florida,and LSU.

That was a 5 run lead there big guy.

Liverpooldawg
03-22-2019, 11:25 PM

Football and baseball are totally different sports.

Liverpooldawg
03-22-2019, 11:27 PM
By the way.....go back and see how many 8 win or better MSU football seasons there are.

Coursesuper
03-22-2019, 11:28 PM
Football and baseball are totally different sports.

You don’t say.

somebodyshotmypaw
03-23-2019, 07:07 AM
At the end of the day we will fire both and this will be Cohen's legacy. Complete trash on every front.

Well after losing in the NCAA tournament the last two years, Vic needs to be gone! ****

Leroy Jenkins
03-23-2019, 07:18 AM

Did the series at UF classify as, "big-time"?

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-23-2019, 08:56 AM
That was a 5 run lead there big guy.

Nowhere did I say it wasn't a 5 run lead. I said "1 lead", ie we lost 1 game where we had the lead. It could've been a 15 run lead and it wouldn't change the point, baseball will always have crazy comebacks and disappointing collapses

WSOPdawg
03-23-2019, 10:41 AM
Lemonis inherited a stout and talented team, just like Moorhead. Some folks will blow a gasket if he fails to make it to Omaha, or even worse, to a Super Regional.

Baseball team is gonna be alright. I think the bullpen roles may need adjusting but Lemonis has the talent, just got to put them in the right roles.

Not really sure our setup guy (Colby White) needs to only have a flame-throwing fastball and no other pitch -- this will work against non-P5 schools, but SEC hitters will feast on this imo. We've got other guys coming around and will eventually figure the bullpen out.

MarketingBully
03-23-2019, 11:10 AM

This thread like your name has floundered. Dumb as shit.

Jack Lambert
03-23-2019, 12:47 PM

We also lost the first game to USM and then won the series. I feel pretty good.

MarketingBully
03-23-2019, 12:50 PM
We also lost the first game to USM and then won the series. I feel pretty good.

Yeah, I think we take the next two. I feel good with Ginn going today against their third starter. Ginn has the best stuff on our staff by far.

BuckyIsAB****
03-23-2019, 01:20 PM

#FireMobileBay

MarketingBully
03-23-2019, 05:34 PM

This thread will look dumber and dumber as the season goes on. 15-2 win today and odds are extremely good we will win tomorrow. 21-3 at this moment and feeling pretty good.

QuadrupleOption
03-23-2019, 08:29 PM

Jesus we have some of the biggest crybaby pussies as fans I swear to God.

maroonmania
03-23-2019, 08:50 PM
This thread will look dumber and dumber as the season goes on. 15-2 win today and odds are extremely good we will win tomorrow. 21-3 at this moment and feeling pretty good.

Good win today. I still can't believe we lost that game last night though. So we've outscored Auburn 20-8 so far but they've won just as many games in the series as we have.

gravedigger
03-24-2019, 11:27 AM
Jesus we have some of the biggest crybaby pussies as fans I swear to God.

I believe the defense is.... just being a realist.

Which they aren?t.

BuckyIsAB****
03-24-2019, 05:35 PM
Mobile Bay and whoever started this thread should go kick rocks

Commercecomet24
03-24-2019, 06:10 PM
Mobile Bay and whoever started this thread should go kick rocks

+1

timotheus
03-24-2019, 06:21 PM
Yea, I wish the doom and gloom experts would zip it but this social media stuff just enables folks with high opinions to continue to insert the foot deeply.

MarketingBully
03-24-2019, 06:31 PM
Yea, I wish the doom and gloom experts would zip it but this social media stuff just enables folks with high opinions to continue to insert the foot deeply.

When we got down 11-5 they came out in the thread too.

Ari Gold
03-24-2019, 07:45 PM

It?s probobly best for you to not even follow MSU sports. Or if you must maybe just stick To the Womens Basketball..

timotheus
03-24-2019, 07:51 PM
I say start Cole on Sunday.

The Federalist Engineer
03-24-2019, 08:09 PM
It?s probobly best for you to not even follow MSU sports. Or if you must maybe just stick To the Womens Basketball..

This is what I was thinking. Once we rank high, the number baseball "fans" doubles, the quality of posts will suffer. If we rank #1 at some point, "fans" will quadruple and the Carion Liar will declare that Chris Lemonis is the Ole Miss Coach

Jarius
03-25-2019, 03:09 AM
I say start Cole on Sunday.

I was thinking Plumlee, but I may like your idea better. I honestly think we may do better with closer by committee going forward if our bullpen issues continue. Cole is one of our better pitchers and only throwing him 1 or 2 innings per week on average does not seem to be optimal.

Coackjek
03-25-2019, 06:26 AM
Ha! This post didn't age well.