PDA

View Full Version : Something has to be done about college umpires

Spectre
03-22-2019, 09:16 PM
Their strike zones routinely extend from batters box line to batters box line. It?s pathetic and unbecoming of sec baseball.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:17 PM
Their strike zones routinely extend from batters box line to batters box line. It?s pathetic and unbecoming of sec baseball.

This umpire's strike zone tonight is twice as large in the 9th as it was in the 1st. Ridiculous.

BuckyIsAB****
03-22-2019, 09:24 PM
Yeah this guy was shitty all night. I think by the end just by watching him he enjoyed it a little bit

HoopsDawg
03-22-2019, 09:28 PM
That punch out on Mac was ridiculous. I would have gotten tossed if I'm Mac or Lemon there.

Cooterpoot
03-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Umpiring is as bad this year as I’ve ever seen. I’ve seen a ton and the good ones are few and far between. But the ump didn’t beat us. We didn’t play well.

HoopsDawg
03-22-2019, 09:29 PM
Yeah this guy was shitty all night. I think by the end just by watching him he enjoyed it a little bit

Like a giddy fckn blackjack dealer. It's time to go to the computerized strike zone.

BuckyIsAB****
03-22-2019, 09:31 PM
Like a giddy fckn blackjack dealer. It's time to go to the computerized strike zone.

Idk if Im for that or not but Im totally for refs having to answer to the media at postgame like players and coaches do. They should be held accountable.

Spectre
03-22-2019, 09:36 PM

Agreed

gravedigger
03-22-2019, 09:38 PM

His zone in the 9th was poor, but our unwillingness to protect the zone was worse.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-23-2019, 07:48 AM

It?s beyond time to go to a laser strike zone. You know we have that technology and with the amount of money on the line is these games you would think they would want to take the human element out of the picture.

the_real_MSU_is_us
03-23-2019, 08:54 AM
His zone in the 9th was poor, but our unwillingness to protect the zone was worse.

it takes time to establish that he's changed his zone. Start the game expecting a normal zone, maybe offer at some pitches that would've been called balls. Figure out it's a tight zone and adjust. Then when he starts expanding it we'll K till we establish that he's changed the zone.

Tonight his zone kept expanding as the game went on, so we'd adjust but it didn't look like it

Gutter Cobreh
03-23-2019, 09:43 AM

Exactly, blaming the umpire is a lazy excuse. Auburn made some great plays in the field (their LF robbed Mangum at least twice on great plays) and we left pitches up in the zone. We didn't lose because of the umpires, we lost because we couldn't keep pitches down and they hit the ball hard.

MetEdDawg said this a few weeks back and got railed for it, but it's true. The goal of a series in baseball is winning 2 of 3. If we can win the next two, we're still good. I expect Ginn to do what he does today, we support him with some runs and we win. Toss up for tomorrow, but we're at home so that helps.

Todd4State
03-23-2019, 10:16 AM
It?s beyond time to go to a laser strike zone. You know we have that technology and with the amount of money on the line is these games you would think they would want to take the human element out of the picture.

I agree 100%. It won't happen until it happens in MLB first though. I'm tired of human beings screwing MSU.

WSOPdawg
03-23-2019, 10:26 AM
That punch out on Mac was ridiculous. I would have gotten tossed if I'm Mac or Lemon there.

I would definitely like to see the occasional "fire" from Lemons where he lays in on the ump. That's really my only complaint with him so far this year.