PDA

View Full Version : Baseball game with Auburn

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 06:04 PM
I'll watch for about 30 minutes, then switch back and forth.

msbulldog
03-22-2019, 06:18 PM
I'm going to put the basketball game on the TV at 6:30 and switch the baseball game to the laptop. At 8:30 When the girls come on, I hope it's the 7th inning and we can mercy rule Auburn!

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 06:25 PM
I'm going to put the basketball game on the TV at 6:30 and switch the baseball game to the laptop. At 8:30 When the girls come on, I hope it's the 7th inning and we can mercy rule Auburn!

Good plan. I'll watch the girls game regardless. Hope I can find it streaming so it won't be interrupted with ESPN's "whiparound" coverage.

Mobile Bay
03-22-2019, 06:25 PM
Radio is covering the men's basketball game. Is anybody covering the baseball game on radio?

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 06:26 PM
Good first inning so far. Passed ball scores a run with the bases loaded. Still just one out, so maybe more to come.

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 06:27 PM
3rd base ump looks like he's about 18 years old.

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 06:30 PM
"Balk" is one of the dumber rules in baseball, I think. And one of the most misunderstood.

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 06:37 PM

Ha. It may be getting there. 4-0, still in first inning with just 1 out.

If everybody at the baseball game moves over to the Hump for the women, the place will be packed.

Spectre
03-22-2019, 07:16 PM
Are the batters blurry as hell for everyone else?! Come on espn learn how to focus a damn camera.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 08:20 PM
5-0 lead down to 5-4 now. Would hate to see us blow this one.

The Federalist Engineer
03-22-2019, 08:34 PM
We've had them on the ropes but no KO, need a damn long ball for breathing room

The Federalist Engineer
03-22-2019, 08:36 PM
5-4 in the 8th

The Federalist Engineer
03-22-2019, 08:45 PM
5-5 blown damn save still no outs in the 8th

BuckyIsAB****
03-22-2019, 08:46 PM
One of our SRs needs to make a play

magrooder
03-22-2019, 08:52 PM
6-5 Auburn still top 8th

smootness
03-22-2019, 08:56 PM
Why the crap did we take Barlow out? White is not a high leverage guy. He's a guy you use in very specific situations.

Homedawg
03-22-2019, 08:57 PM
One of our SRs needs to make a play

Huh?

West Tn Dawg
03-22-2019, 08:57 PM
Who the hell is Matt pulling for? He has creamed all over Auburn all night. Sounds like he gets all excited everytime they do something! He pisses me off.

HoopsDawg
03-22-2019, 08:58 PM
Why the crap did we take Barlow out? White is not a high leverage guy. He's a guy you use in very specific situations.

Barlow was electric. Shit. His slider was on.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:00 PM
6-5 Auburn still top 8th

Allen should have gotten that ball that made it 6-5. He started to break to the bag and then went back after the ball. Would have had it if he had gone straight to the ball. Don't know what he thought he was doing there. That was his ball all the way. Cost us a run and we haven't scored in forever.

EdDawg
03-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Up 5-0 and none of our guys have played with emotion. While auburn chipped away and took the lead.

The Federalist Engineer
03-22-2019, 09:02 PM
Looks like Butch's pen is going to put us down pretty easy. A shit performance to blow this game

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:03 PM
This will be the worst baseball loss in a long time if we lose after having a 5-0 lead with Small pitching.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:04 PM
Up 5-0 and none of our guys have played with emotion. While auburn chipped away and took the lead.

Been pretty bad. They gave us the 5th run by dropping a line drive that hit right in the CF's glove.

MarketingBully
03-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Just a shit Friday night all around. Still have a chance to win though just need one run in the ninth.

EdDawg
03-22-2019, 09:05 PM
Auburn has taken advantage of what Florida didn't last week. We look uninterested when up big.

Homedawg
03-22-2019, 09:06 PM
Allen should have gotten that ball that made it 6-5. He started to break to the bag and then went back after the ball. Would have had it if he had gone straight to the ball. Don't know what he thought he was doing there. That was his ball all the way. Cost us a run and we haven't scored in forever.

Wow.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:07 PM
Guys, Florida is NOT that good. We should have swept them. They lost 5-0 to Vandy yesterday and losing 11-1 tonight.

Homedawg
03-22-2019, 09:08 PM

Emotion?? How can you tell that? Dumb post

Saltydog
03-22-2019, 09:09 PM
Auburn has taken advantage of what Florida didn't last week. We look uninterested when up big.

I'm not sure Florida is as good as some want to make them out to be. Vanderbilt is throttling their ass tonight.

The Federalist Engineer
03-22-2019, 09:12 PM
Bottom of 9th - down 5-6

Need something

EdDawg
03-22-2019, 09:14 PM
Terrible strike call there

magrooder
How could that be called a strike. what crap

Spectre
These mother****ing college umpires are terrible. ****ing foot off the plate. In the other ****ing batters box.

WeWonItAll(Most)
03-22-2019, 09:15 PM
These mother****ing college umpires are terrible. ****ing foot off the plate. In the other ****ing batters box.

Yea it's horrendous

EdDawg
03-22-2019, 09:16 PM
At this point I think if the catcher catches the ball it's a strike.

msstate7
03-22-2019, 09:17 PM
I'm not sure Florida is as good as some want to make them out to be. Vanderbilt is throttling their ass tonight.

Yeah, Florida is not looking good

EdDawg
03-22-2019, 09:18 PM
You can't expand the zone in the 9th, even if you do it for both teams that's terrible.

mparkerfd20
03-22-2019, 09:18 PM
We lost. What a shit day

BeardoMSU
03-22-2019, 09:19 PM
What a gut punch today is....

AlSwearengen
Yeah, Florida is not looking good

And Vandy was struggling coming into this weekend.

Cloak

West Tn Dawg
03-22-2019, 09:20 PM
Matt couldn't wait till the game was over to start blowing them off. Bad enough to lose but hear I got slobber over them makes me sick!

maroonmania
At this point I think if the catcher catches the ball it's a strike.

The pathetic part was in the first few innings that guy had the tightest strike zone I've seen a college ump have in a long time. By the 8th and 9th EVERYTHING Auburn threw was a strike.

TNDawg35
Bad loss. I think that Lemonis first big mistake. He took Barlow out. Auburn didn’t look very good against lefty’s and he took him out and they rung Colby’s bell...

West Tn Dawg
03-22-2019, 09:23 PM
Bad loss. I think that Lemonis first big mistake. He took Barlow out. Auburn didn’t look very good against lefty’s and he took him out and they rung Colby’s bell...

100% agree.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:25 PM

Lemonis is very systematic and doesn't seem to do much by feel. He is determined to make White the set up man and Gordon the closer. He wasn't going to change that up tonight just because Barlow looked good in the 7th. That's one reason he seems to be determined to stick with Rowdey no matter how bad he is hitting.

smootness
03-22-2019, 09:26 PM

I didn't understand that at all. Barlow has looked amazing. If anything, make him the setup guy.

AlSwearengen
We are pretty good at the front end of the lineup and the pitching staff. If Rowdey gets going and he is showing signs, we have a good enough lineup. We don’t have a dominant backend of the bullpen though. I’m not seeing all sec much less all American at the back end of the pen. National Champions usually have that. Hope I’m wrong.

HoopsDawg

And the whole, great thing about cole gordon is that he is a multi-inning closer. He could have pitched the 8th and 9th. This isn't midweek vs Samford. No offense to White, but let's go with our best.

Todd4State
03-22-2019, 09:29 PM

And Lemonis just sits there on his ass and says nothing. Sometimes you have to get kicked out and pay the fine for your team.

BuckyIsAB****
03-22-2019, 09:29 PM
We let them steal one. This team has been thru much worse. It will be okay.

BuckyIsAB****
03-22-2019, 09:30 PM
And Lemonis just sits there on his ass and says nothing. Sometimes you have to get kicked out and pay the fine for your team.

I thought that as well after the call on Mac. Worst case you extend the game and make their pitcher stand there, maybe throw off his rhythm or something and fire your guys up. It was worth a shot

Todd4State
Lemonis is very systematic and doesn't seem to do much by feel. He is determined to make White the set up man and Gordon the closer. He wasn't going to change that up tonight just because Barlow looked good in the 7th. That's one reason he seems to be determined to stick with Rowdey no matter how bad he is hitting.

Yep. They either sink or swim in their roles. He need to either teach Colby how to throw a breaking ball or go with someone else.

Zildjan
Bullpen is a pretty serious concern. Didn't look good in first game vs FL. Didn't look good tonight at all. Hasn't looked good in most opportunities vs decent opponents. ETA: only scored one run after the 4 we were gifted in the first. Also a concern.

Todd4State
03-22-2019, 09:31 PM
I thought that as well after the call on Mac. Worst case you extend the game and make their pitcher stand there, maybe throw off his rhythm or something and fire your guys up. It was worth a shot

It seems like every game we get squeezed lately. Win or lose.

MarketingBully
03-22-2019, 09:32 PM
It sucks to lose but we should still take the series. Ginn will pick us up tomorrow and we will even up the series tomorrow. No one thought we were going to sweep these guys. We are 20 and ****ing 3. We lost 6-5. We will be fine.

BuckyIsAB****
03-22-2019, 09:33 PM
It sucks to lose but we should still take the series. Ginn will pick us up tomorrow and we will even up the series tomorrow. No one thought we were going to sweep these guys. We are 20 and ****ing 3. We lost 6-5. We will be fine.

Auburn is pretty good too. They are going to beat a lot of people.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:34 PM
Bullpen is a pretty serious concern. Didn't look good in first game vs FL. Didn't look good tonight at all. Hasn't looked good in most opportunities vs decent opponents.

The 2 runs Liebelt gave up hurt a lot as well. First hit was an infield hit that was just in the right spot but that 2nd hit that went over the LF head was a killer. They scored both runs after that on harmless ground outs but got the runs in. I felt then that 5 runs wasn't going to hold up. And Auburn is only a middle of road offensive team and rely on pitching. Just terrible we couldn't make a 5 run lead stand up.

MarketingBully
03-22-2019, 09:35 PM
We let them steal one. This team has been thru much worse. It will be okay.

They will be throwing their 3 guy against our 2 and a weekday starter against James. I think we will pick up the next two. We are still at the advantage here. Their 1 went against our 1 tonight and they pitched their closer tonight too. We will be fine.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:36 PM
Auburn is pretty good too. They are going to beat a lot of people.

True, if we hadn't lost to them by being outscored 6-0 over the last 4 innings at home this would not have been such a bad loss.

BuckyIsAB****
They will be throwing their 3 guy against our 2 and a weekday starter against James. I think we will pick up the next two. We are still at the advantage here. Their 1 went against our 1 tonight and they pitched their closer tonight too. We will be fine.

I agree. Should be ok, wanna see us finish

the_real_MSU_is_us
We've been taking relievers out too soon all year in my opinion, the difference is that before SEC play they all did pretty good. But all year we've been putting Leibelt in for one, then Barlow in for one then Eagan out there for one...

Personally I think you leave a guy out there till he starts struggling, gets too tired to do another inning, or has been seen by the entire lineup. Our staff, for whatever reason, REFUSES to let a guy like Barlow pitch in more than 1 frame. Doesn't matter if he struck out the side or only throw 3 pitches to 1 batter, seems like we roll out a new pitcher each inning. If it were the pros I'd understand, but this is college; pitchers will have off nights. If a pitcher has proven they've got it tonight, why take a needless risk in pulling him since the new guy legitimately might walk/hit 5 batters in a row?

I've hated it all year but at least I could pretend it was to get more arms some experience... I have no idea why we keep doing it in SEC play

Randolph Dupree
03-22-2019, 09:37 PM
Relax folks. Relax. Even if we drop two of three, BREATHE....we will be ok.

Todd4State
03-22-2019, 09:39 PM

Which makes this loss even worse of we're being honest with ourselves. Sick and tired of our pitchers not making adjustments quickly enough. I mean who the **** tries to pitch in the SEC with just a fastball and thinks that because he throws 97 that they will just swing and miss every time like it's ****ing Pearl River CC? How does any pitcher get this far with one pitch? I mean damn.

MarketingBully
03-22-2019, 09:40 PM
The 2 runs Liebelt gave up hurt a lot as well. First hit was an infield hit that was just in the right spot but that 2nd hit that went over the LF head was a killer. They scored both runs after that on harmless ground outs but got the runs in. I felt then that 5 runs wasn't going to hold up. And Auburn is only a middle of road offensive team and rely on pitching. Just terrible we couldn't make a 5 run lead stand up.

If we are going to play Rowdey, he has to make that play. It hit his glove and it fell out. He has to lay out for that ball. What made matters worse is the left fielder for Auburn laid out for a ball Mangum hit and he caught it. Those two plays could have been the difference in winning and losing. It makes no sense to play Rowdy at all unless he makes web gems out in the outfield.

Todd4State
03-22-2019, 09:42 PM
And then ****ing Cerentola can't throw strikes against a Sun Belt team and Plumlee has looked like shit for weeks and we keep running his ass to the mound while Tyler Spring who should be starting over him bails his sorry ass out. And these coaches don't do anything about it other than just run the same assholes out there time and time again.

magrooder
03-22-2019, 09:42 PM
I thought the same thing Marketing, if Rowdey makes that play it changes the game. If he isn't going to hit and doesn't make the big play put someone else out there and see what they can do.

Homedawg
03-22-2019, 09:43 PM
If we are going to play Rowdey, he has to make that play. It hit his glove and it fell out. He has to lay out for that ball. What made matters worse is the right fielder for Auburn laid out for a ball Mangum hit and he caught it. Those two plays could have been the difference in winning and losing. It makes no sense to play Rowdy at all unless he makes web gems out in the outfield.

Left fielder. Left fielder

Todd4State
03-22-2019, 09:43 PM
If we are going to play Rowdey, he has to make that play. It hit his glove and it fell out. He has to lay out for that ball. What made matters worse is the right fielder for Auburn laid out for a ball Mangum hit and he caught it. Those two plays could have been the difference in winning and losing. It makes no sense to play Rowdy at all unless he makes web gems out in the outfield.

Exactly. But hey- maybe Rowdey will get it figured out by week 12.**

Homedawg
03-22-2019, 09:44 PM
And then ****ing Cerentola can't throw strikes against a Sun Belt team and Plumlee has looked like shit for weeks and we keep running his ass to the mound while Tyler Spring who should be starting over him bails his sorry ass out. And these coaches don't do anything about it other than just run the same assholes out there time and time again.

Are you being serious? One loss and you lose it to?
ETA- you were screaming to make Cerentola to be the sunday starter too. It's a long season. We are good. We shall see how good. But those claiming elite jumped the gun as I've said before.

MarketingBully
03-22-2019, 09:45 PM
Left fielder. Left fielder

Good catch I was thinking left fielder when I typed right. Brain fart.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:46 PM

Lemonis is like the anti-Cohen. Surprised Cohen hired him given he is so unlike Cohen. Lemonis may be even more mild mannered than Howland.

Dawg2003
03-22-2019, 09:47 PM
Plumlee never looked that good to me. It was clear in the first games he could barely make it past 4 innings. Oh well. It's one loss. It is what it is. Our offense crapped out at the end.

Dawg2003
03-22-2019, 09:49 PM
I hope we can win the 3rd game. Keegan scares me if I'm being honest.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:50 PM
If we are going to play Rowdey, he has to make that play. It hit his glove and it fell out. He has to lay out for that ball. What made matters worse is the left fielder for Auburn laid out for a ball Mangum hit and he caught it. Those two plays could have been the difference in winning and losing. It makes no sense to play Rowdy at all unless he makes web gems out in the outfield.

Yep, Macnamee made the play last week on Friday night and we won 6-5. Tonight Rowdey doesn't make the play and we lose 6-5.

Homedawg
03-22-2019, 09:54 PM
Yep, Macnamee made the play last week on Friday night and we won 6-5. Tonight Rowdey doesn't make the play and we lose 6-5.

To be fair Rowdey's play was way harder.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:54 PM
I thought the same thing Marketing, if Rowdey makes that play it changes the game. If he isn't going to hit and doesn't make the big play put someone else out there and see what they can do.

We probably don't have another player that would have made that play as an outfielder either but we might could have scored another run with someone replacing Rowdey in the lineup.

Todd4State
03-22-2019, 09:55 PM
Are you being serious? One loss and you lose it to?
ETA- you were screaming to make Cerentola to be the sunday starter too. It's a long season. We are good. We shall see how good. But those claiming elite jumped the gun as I've said before.

Only if Cerentola progressed enough. It doesn't look like he is going to even get close to me. Blowing a five run lead because our coach was rogid about pitching roles when we were beating the best pitcher in the league possibly is absolutely frustrating. It is a long season and Lemonis needs to make some adjustments right now. Or we won't be elite.

maroonmania
03-22-2019, 09:56 PM
To be fair Rowdey's play was way harder.

Agreed, but Rowdey got there, just didn't make the catch. But heck, we only got our 5th run because the Auburn CF totally whiffed on a line drive hit right to him with 2 outs.

Homedawg
03-22-2019, 10:08 PM
[QUOTE=maroonmania;1085809]Yep, Macnamee made the play last week on Friday night and we won 6-5. Tonight Rowdey doesn't make the play and we lose 6-5