PDA

View Full Version : I've got a gut feeling.....

MadDawg
10-21-2013, 12:26 PM
Mullen is about to do something he hasn't done. Either he's about to win against a team he's not supposed to, or he's going to lose to a team he's not supposed to. Yep it's coming. Really soon too.

Or it might just be gas.

ShotgunDawg
10-21-2013, 12:30 PM
I agree, somethings got to give.

MadDawg
10-21-2013, 12:32 PM
I just hope he doesn't do both, back to back. That would be Sherrill-esque.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 12:37 PM
Mullen is about to do something he hasn't done. Either he's about to win against a team he's not supposed to, or he's going to lose to a team he's not supposed to. Yep it's coming. Really soon too.

Or it might just be gas.

Kentucky is a trap game.

Their DL is for real. Luckily their offense is not.

If we don't turn the ball over we win by 14. If we screw around and have a turnover, we could lose the game, but I don't see it happening. I see a late TD to make it a 17 point win.

CJDAWG85
10-21-2013, 12:42 PM
I don't see it as a trap game coming off a BYE and playing on Thurs night... BG was the trap game...

If we keep our foot on the gas we will blow them out. Our D needs to be aggressive, but stay disciplined.

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 12:44 PM
We can run up 600 yards of offense, score 60+, pitch a shutout, and the first words out of some of our fans mouths will be "Kentucky sucks" or "It was just Kentucky"

C222
10-21-2013, 12:48 PM
We can run up 600 yards of offense, score 60+, pitch a shutout, and the first words out of some of our fans mouths will be "Kentucky sucks" or "It was just Kentucky"

Haha. So true. Then we will go on the road and beat SC and it will be "SC sucks. They are down this year. When is Mullen gone get a signature win?!?!?!" It's a lose/lose for Mullen unless he beats Bama, A&M, or LSU.

CJDAWG85
10-21-2013, 12:49 PM

THIS

Coach34
10-21-2013, 12:55 PM
The funny one to me is our fans hyping Vandy's win over 4-3 Georgia who played with a white TB or Mizzou's win over 4-3 Florida....but they dont count our wins over those teams in 2010. Florida is going to lose 5 games this year- at least

engie
10-21-2013, 01:00 PM

We've got to do that against someone that counts. We expect to beat Kentucky at this point. Beating the brakes off of them would be par for the course with Mullen.

We played with practically everyone in 2009 and 2010. Played with everyone but Arkansas in 2011. Now, we are getting blown out of the stadium every time we see anyone with a pulse. Some of us just see that as going in the wrong direction -- even if the other shoe hasn't dropped yet -- and want to get back to where we think we've got a chance in EVERY GAME -- like we felt for the first couple of years Mullen was here -- when we were playing with Florida and LSU -- and Auburn and Arkansas.

The positive momentum is leaching out of the program -- and steps have to be taken to correct that, whatever it may be...

smootness
10-21-2013, 01:03 PM
The funny one to me is our fans hyping Vandy's win over 4-3 Georgia who played with a white TB or Mizzou's win over 4-3 Florida....but they dont count our wins over those teams in 2010. Florida is going to lose 5 games this year- at least

This, this, and all of this.

I keep hearing 'four teams Saturday just did what we haven't been able to do in 5 years', which is just complete crap.

We have already beaten teams like that; we've even beaten a team like LSU this year if they lose a couple more games, which is definitely possible.

engie
10-21-2013, 01:21 PM

I keep hearing 'four teams Saturday just did what we haven't been able to do in 5 years', which is just complete crap.

We have already beaten teams like that; we've even beaten a team like LSU this year if they lose a couple more games, which is definitely possible.

When did we do this?

It's been 32 games since we've had a single victory that fits that mold...

BHildreth3
10-21-2013, 01:23 PM
I had a dream last night that Z Smith had 4 sacks and picked off a pass and ran it back 99 yards to seal a UK win. (yes i need a pill that says - "Relax")

SheltonChoked
10-21-2013, 01:29 PM
This is what kills me.

Our wins vs big boys dont count becasue "they were down", but they count vs everyone else. I don't get it.

Here is the math on other teams being down. No one is beating Alabama recently, so everyone in the west has 1 loss. Anything more than 3 losses is down. not much margin for error there.

And LSU is the definition of "down" this year.

Maroonthirteen
10-21-2013, 01:38 PM
We will beat UK and Ark.

6-6 at MSU outside the MSU fanbase seems about right...4 winning season at MSU looks damn good. He will be offered and take a job elsewhere.

He has been in Starkville long enough to grown frustrated with the limitations. He knows he is not recruiting on a level playing field. His kids are getting closer to school age.

fishwater99
10-21-2013, 01:51 PM

When has Mullen beaten a Top 20 Team? Did I miss it or something?

C222
10-21-2013, 02:24 PM
When has Mullen beaten a Top 20 Team? Did I miss it or something?

If we beat SC and they are in #16 (just assuming they move up a little if they beat Mizz), fishwater will say "WHEN WILL MULLEN BEAT A TOP 15 TEAM!!!???"

maroonmania
10-21-2013, 02:27 PM

Heck, I don't discount our wins in 2010, I long for another year like 2010. 9 wins accompanied by 2 losses that were in the 20 point range (Bama and LSU) but the other 2 losses were in by 3 points and in 2OT. That season seems like a dream at this point. And yes we had 8 wins in the regular season last year as well but after getting our teeth kicked in 4 of the last 5 games it didn't really end up feeling like it.

hacker
10-21-2013, 02:30 PM
If we beat SC and they are in #16 (just assuming they move up a little if they beat Mizz), fishwater will say "WHEN WILL MULLEN BEAT A TOP 15 TEAM!!!???"

+1, said something similar the other day.

fishwater99
10-21-2013, 02:33 PM
No I think it will be Top 10........

godlluB
10-21-2013, 02:45 PM
Bucky approves this message.

Dannyripms
10-21-2013, 02:59 PM
hey coach34 so just because a team has a white rb the team sucks? just curious on your thinking there.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 03:08 PM
hey coach34 so just because a team has a white rb the team sucks? just curious on your thinking there.

Not coach, but who is the last successful, white rb for an sec team?

Percho
10-21-2013, 03:19 PM

And beside that. LSU sucks also. Shoot the rebs beat em.

bully99
10-21-2013, 03:24 PM
White rbs. ...Terry Vitrano MSU
Major Olgivie BAMA ....Craig James ..SMU

CJDAWG85
10-21-2013, 03:33 PM
Jacob Hester

msstate7
10-21-2013, 03:37 PM
Jacob Hester

Good one. Forgot about him. Regardless in the south the best athletes are overwhelmingly black. No offense mr white rb at Georgia, but he's no Marshall and certainly not gurley.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2013, 03:44 PM
We will beat UK and Ark.

6-6 at MSU outside the MSU fanbase seems about right...4 winning season at MSU looks damn good. He will be offered and take a job elsewhere.

He has been in Starkville long enough to grown frustrated with the limitations. He knows he is not recruiting on a level playing field. His kids are getting closer to school age.

That would be 5 wins.

Coach34
10-21-2013, 04:09 PM

A white TB? Yes. A 4th string white TB at that.

Jacob Hester is the only one I can think of in the last 30 years thats been worth a shit. And most of that is because LSU was so good on the OL.

dawgoneyall
10-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Who.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 04:47 PM

Or it might just be gas.

I agree, MadDawg....and that's why I think we will know everything we need to know about Mullen by the end of this season. Lose to Kentucky or Arkansas and it's clear that Mullen can't get it done. Beat USC or A&M and make a bowl game, and Mullen proves he is still capable.

BossDawg
10-21-2013, 04:56 PM
Now, we are getting blown out of the stadium every time we see anyone with a pulse.

But, but, but...we hung with LSU for THREE quarters!!!11!!1!!!!! Dan need just one more year to fix things!

BulldogBear
10-21-2013, 05:52 PM
I had a dream last night that Z Smith had 4 sacks and picked off a pass and ran it back 99 yards to seal a UK win. (yes i need a pill that says - "Relax")

...could have been from the aforementioned gas. Relax = Gasex ;)

BulldogBear
10-21-2013, 05:54 PM
I agree, MadDawg....and that's why I think we will know everything we need to know about Mullen by the end of this season. Lose to Kentucky or Arkansas and it's clear that Mullen can't get it done. Beat USC or A&M and make a bowl game, and Mullen proves he is still capable.

This^ = simple but appropriate and accurate measuring stick

joben3
10-21-2013, 06:02 PM

Jacob Hester is the only one I can think of in the last 30 years thats been worth a shit. And most of that is because LSU was so good on the OL.

Hester was a beast... regardless of the OL, he ran north south.

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 07:51 AM
There was some white guy at Iowa 7-10 years ago that was pretty good but I don't remember his name

dawgs
10-22-2013, 09:19 AM

or if usc loses to mizzou, they'd have 3 Ls going into our game with a couple of more potential Ls on the schedule. if at the end of the season they finish with 4-5 Ls, whether we beat them or not, they would be an OK team at best, not a "signature victory".

ole miss goes into gainesville and beats a national title winning tebow-led florida team. that's a signature win. ole miss beats a top 10 lsu team that was arguably the best 1 L team in the country before the game the other night, that's a signature win. a&m took a 3* redshirt freshman QB and a 1st year HC and went into tuscaloser and won last year, that's a signature win. i know these types of Ws don't happen all the time, but we are way way way too overdue for one. and yes, sometimes it helps to catch an overrated team early while they are in the top 10 before they lose a few games, but i'm sick and tired of going into any game against a good team just hoping to keep it within 20.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
10-22-2013, 09:30 AM
Peyton Hillis

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 10:50 AM
LSU is a four loss team this year. If you want to start comparisons, we won @ Florida in 2010. That's better than a home victory against a comparable team. The only thing you can do is debate that comparabilty. 3rd-12th in SEC are all gonna wind up 6-6, 7-5, or 8-4.

biscuit
10-22-2013, 10:56 AM

Or it might just be gas.

just gas

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 12:06 PM
LSU is a four loss team this year. If you want to start comparisons, we won @ Florida in 2010. That's better than a home victory against a comparable team. The only thing you can do is debate that comparabilty. 3rd-12th in SEC are all gonna wind up 6-6, 7-5, or 8-4.

In other words:

(exhibit A) Ole Miss victory over 8-5ish LSU (depends on bowl game, etc.) in Oxford < (exhibit B) Mississippi State victory over 8-5 Florida in Swamp

...but this is a "signature" win and ours was not!? I agree ours wasn't really to outsiders, but to us beating UF in Gainesville is a big deal. So, I agree our win was not a "signature" one, but calling Mississippi's one is a bit premature when the middle SEC pack is HUGE this year (3rd-12th) and there's a lot of football to be played yet.

DawgInMemphis
10-22-2013, 12:39 PM

Peyton Hillis.

dawgs
10-22-2013, 01:11 PM
In other words:

(exhibit A) Ole Miss victory over 8-5ish LSU (depends on bowl game, etc.) in Oxford < (exhibit B) Mississippi State victory over 8-5 Florida in Swamp

...but this is a "signature" win and ours was not!? I agree ours wasn't really to outsiders, but to us beating UF in Gainesville is a big deal. So, I agree our win was not a "signature" one, but calling Mississippi's one is a bit premature when the middle SEC pack is HUGE this year (3rd-12th) and there's a lot of football to be played yet.

i said in my post that sometimes it's a matter of when you play an overrated team. if you play them before they are exposed, you get the perception of beating a top 10 team, but if you play them after they lose a few games and you don't get that perception. fair or not, that's just how it is. when we played florida, they already had 2 losses and had been totally dominated by bama. and we can only keep calling a W from over 3 years ago a signature W for so long when we keep getting our asses handed to us when we play the better teams in the conference for over 2 seasons now. none of us are deluded enough to expect to beat the top 7-8 programs in the conference on the regular, but i don't think it's asking too much to hang around close enough to give ourselves a chance to win if we catch some breaks.

i will say that the 1st half and into the 3rd quarter against lsu was the best playcalling and execution against an upper echelon team i've seen out of our offense in awhile and it resulted in us hanging around into the 2nd half, we just ran out of gas and lsu caught some big plays and blew it open in a hurry. but we didn't go into complete ball control and let lsu push us around with superior talent while we just tried not to lose too bad, we went out and tried to make plays to win the game. i appreciate that.

i'd also be absolutely shocked if lsu finished worse than 9-3. they are better than a&m. it also wouldn't be a complete surprise me if they upset bama. i don't think they lose both those games.

fishwater99
10-22-2013, 01:33 PM
LSU was ranked #6 in the nation last week, UF was ranked #22 when we beat them way back in 2010.
That's a big difference, and how will LSU lose 5 games this year?

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 01:39 PM
i said in my post that sometimes it's a matter of when you play an overrated team. if you play them before they are exposed, you get the perception of beating a top 10 team, but if you play them after they lose a few games and you don't get that perception. fair or not, that's just how it is. when we played florida, they already had 2 losses and had been totally dominated by bama. and we can only keep calling a W from over 3 years ago a signature W for so long when we keep getting our asses handed to us when we play the better teams in the conference for over 2 seasons now. none of us are deluded enough to expect to beat the top 7-8 programs in the conference on the regular, but i don't think it's asking too much to hang around close enough to give ourselves a chance to win if we catch some breaks.

i will say that the 1st half and into the 3rd quarter against lsu was the best playcalling and execution against an upper echelon team i've seen out of our offense in awhile and it resulted in us hanging around into the 2nd half, we just ran out of gas and lsu caught some big plays and blew it open in a hurry. but we didn't go into complete ball control and let lsu push us around with superior talent while we just tried not to lose too bad, we went out and tried to make plays to win the game. i appreciate that.

i'd also be absolutely shocked if lsu finished worse than 9-3. they are better than a&m. it also wouldn't be a complete surprise me if they upset bama. i don't think they lose both those games.

You're right it's all about the timing I guess. I just believe by the end of the bowls LSU is 9-4 or 8-5 and maybe that win doesn't (shouldn't) look as stellar. You know the Bears will just talk about how LSU never recovered from their "beatdown" at V-H.

I think your comments about the LSU game (part of it) are true and what caused so much frustration with not putting BGSU to bed early. I think in our hearts we know it was letdown game and/or trapgame, but until we see some life again we are afraid of seeing what we've seen before. We wonder which team and coaching staff is the real MSU. THe one we saw for 3 quarters against the Tigers or the one we saw the next week against the Falcons.

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 01:42 PM
LSU was ranked #6 in the nation last week, UF was ranked #22 when we beat them way back in 2010.
That's a big difference, and how will LSU lose 5 games this year?

If they lost to Bama (likely), TAMU (less likely but I'm not giving it to LSU at all. I'm not convinced that LSU isn't just looking better than they really are and have thought that since before the season kicked off), and a bowl game (who knows yet?)

Coach34
10-22-2013, 01:52 PM
Peyton Hillis

LaDarius Perkins rushed for more yards last year than Hillis did is his entire career at UPig

fishwater99
10-22-2013, 02:02 PM
If they lost to Bama (likely), TAMU (less likely but I'm not giving it to LSU at all. I'm not convinced that LSU isn't just looking better than they really are and have thought that since before the season kicked off), and a bowl game (who knows yet?)

Then we must be really bad, b/c LSU took us to the woodshed...

BulldogBear
10-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Then we must be really bad, b/c LSU took us to the woodshed...

After we fell apart, a perfect example of helping them look better than they really are. Misperception is all about showing the national sports media what they want to believe whether you mean to or not!