PDA

View Full Version : A new dawg

IMABEARSHART AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 09:28 AM
Ok ladies and gents you now have my allegiance for four years at least. Actually it will start this fall and not a second sooner! Ha! Just kidding to a degree.
My son is going to school as an engineering major and is going for free. I cannot in good conscious accept that without supporting state with all I?ve got.
He was going to have to finance his education because I simply can?t afford it. I can?t explain how grateful I am to MS State for their kindness to my son.
Anyway I just wanted to introduce myself to you guys and say I come in peace and with support for me state except when we play OM!
I have every intention of wearing maroon to the few games that I?ll be able to attend but I absolutely refuse to ring a damn cowbell!Lastly a little bit ribbing is awesome and I really enjoy that but I seriously do not want to get into a bunch of hate discussions about OM and State. Please.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-22-2019, 09:42 AM
Welcome!

If you had to gauge your rebel fandom, are you more Yancy Porter or Neal McCready?

Dawgbite
03-22-2019, 09:44 AM
You misspelled Rebel !

IMABEARSHART AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 09:51 AM
Welcome!

If you had to gauge your rebel fandom, are you more Yancy Porter or Neal McCready?

Thanks and fantastic question and frankly one that should be posed to every om fan. I?m more of a McCready guy. I?m a big fan of the in your face reality type reporting. I?m sure he holds a few things back and kind of sugarcoats a few things as well but by and large I believe he shoots us straight.
Is there a Yancy/Neal scenario at state?

MadDawg
03-22-2019, 09:54 AM
This will end well.

IMABEARSHART AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 09:55 AM
You misspelled Rebel !

Yeah I’m learning impaired and offended by you making fun of my ignorance. ;)
PS How do you like a post on here?

IMABEARSHART AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 09:59 AM
This will end well.

Indeed! Specifically with an aeronautical engineering degree from MSU!

Tbonewannabe
03-22-2019, 10:16 AM
Thanks and fantastic question and frankly one that should be posed to every om fan. I?m more of a McCready guy. I?m a big fan of the in your face reality type reporting. I?m sure he holds a few things back and kind of sugarcoats a few things as well but by and large I believe he shoots us straight.
Is there a Yancy/Neal scenario at state?

Gene Swindoll who runs GenesPage/Dawgsbite is probably as close to Yancy as a MSU reporter is going to be. He doesn't lie like Yancy has admitted to but he typically only wants to pump sunshine. Every fanbase probably needs that cheerleader type.

Tbonewannabe
03-22-2019, 10:18 AM

My brother in law graduated in aero engineering. Just know that Huntsville, AL is about the closest place you can consistently find jobs. Other than that he will probably have to move away from Mississippi.

Good luck to him and I hope he is a serious student. I was one of those preBusiness guys that engineering professors talk about. Partying and Engineering don't get along.

Dawgbite
03-22-2019, 10:42 AM

Shoot, if that's all he wants I'll sell him mine cheap. I'm almost through using it.

IMABEARSHART AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 10:51 AM
My brother in law graduated in aero engineering. Just know that Huntsville, AL is about the closest place you can consistently find jobs. Other than that he will probably have to move away from Mississippi.

Good luck to him and I hope he is a serious student. I was one of those preBusiness guys that engineering professors talk about. Partying and Engineering don't get along.

Yeah I am not looking forward to that but I have heard that. There?s a guy I go to church with whose son is the personnel director for a company in Huntsville (can?t recall the name) that is trying to get him to major in electrical. I feel like he?ll end up in something computer related.

IMABEARSHART AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 10:53 AM
!
Shoot, if that's all he wants I'll sell him mine cheap. I'm almost through using it.

Hard to beat free!
So you’re about to retire? How old are you if you don’t mind me asking?

Tbonewannabe
03-22-2019, 11:15 AM
Yeah I am not looking forward to that but I have heard that. There?s a guy I go to church with whose son is the personnel director for a company in Huntsville (can?t recall the name) that is trying to get him to major in electrical. I feel like he?ll end up in something computer related.

My dad was an electrical engineer and between that and mechanical, there are a lot of jobs out there. I tried my hand at both but wasn't interested enough to give up partying and going to all the sporting events. I had friends that graduated that basically came in at 3 pm and did homework and studied about 5 or so hours a day and then some on the weekends. I ended up getting a Management/Finance degree after "working" on my minor in business for about 5 years.

Cowbell
03-22-2019, 11:44 AM
I?ve got quite a few friends that were diehard rebels until they went to a few games with us. They honestly found that they fit in better with our laid back atmosphere. MS State changed my life and will your sons as well. This coming from a guy that had 3 family members play football at OM. My brother being the last of the three, he is a pretty big state fan too now for the same reasons.

Drugdog
03-22-2019, 12:09 PM
Somewhat of a similar situation. Not much though. Born and bred bulldog but my daughter goes to UM. I intentionally wear maroon when i go there. I don’t go much. But, Congratulations to you and your son. Welcome aboard. The more your around us the more you will like us. I just wish my daughter had gotten a scholarship other than The Drugdog Academic and Soroity Fund.

ScoobaDawg
03-22-2019, 12:23 PM
You misspelled Rebel !

Fixed it for them.

As much as I hope this is real. I'm very suspicious.

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 12:57 PM

Welcome, and congratulations to your son. For the record, it's most like aerospace, not aeronautical, engineering ... unless they've changed the name since I was there. Also, Huntsville is a great place, and it's really the first place he should look for employment. Might even consider the co-op program. Electrical is a good major too.

You say he's going for free. It's more than the university just being nice to him ... he deserved it based on his record or the university wouldn't have done it.

If he moves to Huntsville at some point, he'll learn to hate Ole Miss less (very few here have even heard of it, and they're irrelevant unless you live in Mississippi), but will dislike Alabama even more. That's pretty much ideal.

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 12:59 PM

I got through using mine almost 10 years ago.

Jack Lambert
03-22-2019, 01:05 PM
1. Are you going to go to Starkville on Saturdays to visit your son and go to the game?
2. Are you going to wear Maroon if you do?
3. Will you ring a Cow Bell if you go to the game?
4. Will you buy season tickets while he is there?

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 02:27 PM
1. Are you going to go to Starkville on Saturdays to visit your son and go to the game?
2. Are you going to wear Maroon if you do?
3. Will you ring a Cow Bell if you go to the game?
4. Will you buy season tickets while he is there?

I?ll go to a few and wear maroon. I will not ring a cowbell. I can?t afford OM season tix so no I won?t be buying MSU season tix.
My son is going to be in choir and band so I?ll have to come down for that a good bit. Hopefully he?ll be able to get me some cheap tix. My best friend is a state guy and he?s wanting to tailgate down there some. We just got through watching OM get prison raped in Columbia and we were talking about watching some baseball games too. I?ve gotta say that I look forward to seeing that new stadium.

MadDawg
03-22-2019, 02:33 PM
I?ll go to a few and wear maroon. I will not ring a cowbell. I can?t afford OM season tix so no I won?t be buying MSU season tix.
My son is going to be in choir and band so I?ll have to come down for that a good bit. Hopefully he?ll be able to get me some cheap tix. My best friend is a state guy and he?s wanting to tailgate down there some. We just got through watching OM get prison raped in Columbia and we were talking about watching some baseball games too. I?ve gotta say that I look forward to seeing that new stadium.

Already a new username?

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 02:38 PM
Welcome, and congratulations to your son. For the record, it's most like aerospace, not aeronautical, engineering ... unless they've changed the name since I was there. Also, Huntsville is a great place, and it's really the first place he should look for employment. Might even consider the co-op program. Electrical is a good major too.

You say he's going for free. It's more than the university just being nice to him ... he deserved it based on his record or the university wouldn't have done it.

If he moves to Huntsville at some point, he'll learn to hate Ole Miss less (very few here have even heard of it, and they're irrelevant unless you live in Mississippi), but will dislike Alabama even more. That's pretty much ideal.
Thanks for the kind words. I really appreciate that.
There’s no doubt that he has worked hard (31 on the act and an absolute musical prodigy) but MSU recognized and acted on it. I’m very grateful and have every intention of showing that. Man if you’re going to show that kind of commitment to my kids then I just feel like I owe you that kind of commitment.
I don’t think he hates OM he just thinks they’re a little snobbish and rightfully so iyam. The Huntsville thing is just gonna be what it’s gonna be. I hope he can get work in Memphis though.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 02:39 PM
Gene Swindoll who runs GenesPage/Dawgsbite is probably as close to Yancy as a MSU reporter is going to be. He doesn't lie like Yancy has admitted to but he typically only wants to pump sunshine. Every fanbase probably needs that cheerleader type.

Noted

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 02:44 PM
I?ve got quite a few friends that were diehard rebels until they went to a few games with us. They honestly found that they fit in better with our laid back atmosphere. MS State changed my life and will your sons as well. This coming from a guy that had 3 family members play football at OM. My brother being the last of the three, he is a pretty big state fan too now for the same reasons.
Im not a super social guy but after my sons baseball season is over we’ll come to a few games at dudy noble(I hope that’s right) and maybe meet a few of you dudes.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 02:46 PM
Already a new username?

Yeah someone changed my original name and I was so paranoid of you guys that I thought I had been kicked off the board but actually my name was changed to imabearshart.
Not gonna use that name.

Jack Lambert
03-22-2019, 02:55 PM

Buy top dawg season tickets. No Bull Dog club donation required and the season tickets are either 225.00 or 265.00. You could buy two and sell the LSU and Bama games and get your money back.

sleepy dawg
03-22-2019, 03:46 PM
Buy top dawg season tickets. No Bull Dog club donation required and the season tickets are either 225.00 or 265.00. You could buy two and sell the LSU and Bama games and get your money back.

Which is how I end up with dickhead LSU/Bama fans all around me.

Jack Lambert
03-22-2019, 03:51 PM
Which is how I end up with dickhead LSU/Bama fans all around me.

Hats what the cow bell is for. Make their life horrible so they leave. Well i was just trying to help him out. I never sell my tickets. Always use them. They cost to damn much and my son won't let me miss a game. However I had three very attractive Auburn females sitting next to me last season.

starkvegasdawg
03-22-2019, 04:13 PM

That's where mine are and I love them. Last time corn dogs were a LSU couple were trying to find their seats when it was discovered a MSU couple was in them by accident. LSU Guy as nice as he could be. LSU girl dropping more f bombs than a B-52.

Howboutdemdogs
03-22-2019, 04:49 PM
Free at last,,,Free at last. Luke, I am your father.

sleepy dawg
03-22-2019, 06:37 PM
Hats what the cow bell is for. Make their life horrible so they leave. Well i was just trying to help him out. I never sell my tickets. Always use them. They cost to damn much and my son won't let me miss a game. However I had three very attractive Auburn females sitting next to me last season.

Oh, I do... It's when we lose that I want to push them over the ledge... That's not a good temptation to have

TUSK
03-22-2019, 07:07 PM

Wait a minute... one can get MSU season tickets for $265?

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 10:33 PM

Man I?m disabled and money is very tight as a result. There?s so much pain involved in the ride down the walk to from and in the stadium and then the total cost of attending food gas and all of that kind of stuff for me my wife and my other son as well. I?ll have to make a few games just because my son is in the band but season tix are out of the question.
ETA: Thanks for the suggestion though.

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-22-2019, 10:37 PM

Man I am seriously dreading listening to those damn bells.

ScoobaDawg
03-22-2019, 11:37 PM
I think you might be bad luck**

IMAREBL2 AND A DAWG
03-23-2019, 12:54 AM
I think you might be bad luck**

Ha! Not intentionally.