PDA

View Full Version : Spring Football

NWADAWG
03-21-2019, 12:20 PM
Has anyone heard how practices were going? Any good surprises?

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2019, 12:46 PM
We've only had 2 practices & they were both before spring break. Practices start back up today.

Dawgbite
03-21-2019, 02:34 PM
I think we suck but waiting on confirmation before posting it!**

BuckyIsAB****
03-21-2019, 05:29 PM
Only so much you can take out of it non pads practice but the TE's have stood out. Shrader aint ready. Cue the we suck and Im a rebel meltdown

Ifyouonlyknew
03-21-2019, 07:29 PM
I'll go ahead & say it & prepare for the backlash if it doesn't happen. I think KT has a big year & Guidry lives up to the hype from last off season.

msstate7
03-21-2019, 07:33 PM
I'll go ahead & say it & prepare for the backlash if it doesn't happen. I think KT has a big year & Guidry lives up to the hype from last off season.

I think they're tied together... one won't have a good year unless the other does

msbulldog
03-21-2019, 07:50 PM

Don't forget Whop played in high school with KT, they should already have a chemistry.

Todd4State
03-21-2019, 07:57 PM
Don't forget Whop played in high school with KT, they should already have a chemistry.

As a casual observer it seemed like Key had a better rapport with Austin Williams than Nick and Austin had as well.

justwin
03-22-2019, 12:09 AM

agree. it'll be a night & day offense with a qb, Key, willing to distribute the ball. Plus, Key throws a very catchable deep ball.

Key / Kylin / Whop / Guidry / Dontea or Spivey or Cumbest

Todd4State
03-22-2019, 01:00 AM
agree. it'll be a night & day offense with a qb, Key, willing to distribute the ball. Plus, Key throws a very catchable deep ball.

Key / Kylin / Whop / Guidry / Dontea or Spivey or Cumbest

We could see Kylin get 15 touches a game easily. Which I believe would be about 6 more on average without looking at the numbers.

RiverCityDawg
03-22-2019, 04:45 AM
We could see Kylin get 15 touches a game easily. Which I believe would be about 6 more on average without looking at the numbers.

He's our best playmaker unless someone comes out of nowhere, so I really hope it's at least 20. He averaged 12.6 last year. I know he's not Saquon Barkley but joe found a way to get him an avg of 20 touches both years despite having much better receivers. We have to do the same for our best playmaker.

Hambone
03-22-2019, 06:36 AM
I think Kylin has the chance to be Saquon 2.0. Similar builds and I think Kylin will only get better the more he touches the ball. IF Keyteon can distribute the football with better consistency, then look for Kylin to have a special year.

msstate7
03-22-2019, 06:40 AM
I think Kylin has the chance to be Saquon 2.0. Similar builds and I think Kylin will only get better the more he touches the ball. IF Keyteon can distribute the football with better consistency, then look for Kylin to have a special year.

Ehhh... I don't know. Barkley is the most talented RB in the nfl. He's a complete freak of an athlette. Kylin can be a very good player this year and never be in the same galaxy as Barkley. FWIW, I do think hill has a big year

ETA...
Barkley 6' 233 lbs
4.4 40 combine
29 reps on bench
41" vertical

bulldawg28
03-22-2019, 07:14 AM

I want Kylin to become a complete back by learning to block. He's been a liability on pass pickups.

AROB44
03-22-2019, 08:15 AM

Do you think that Mayden stays or transfers?

RiverCityDawg
03-22-2019, 08:57 AM

Is this question just based on him not getting the job or some legitimate concern about him not comfortable with the system/Joe, etc? Because otherwise it would seem odd for a redshirt freshman QB to be disgruntled enough to transfer just because of a junior winning the job ahead of him. Now, if Schrader passes him on the depth chart that would be a different story...

Ifyouonlyknew
03-22-2019, 09:11 AM

I don't know why he would leave. Even if KT is the guy he'd still have 2 years start after if he wins the job after.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-22-2019, 09:12 AM

I think he ends up with closer to 18-20 touches a game.

Johnson85
03-22-2019, 10:30 AM

I want to believe you, but I just don't. I think key will have a good statistical year by blowing up the mediocre teams we play. I just have a hard time believing key couldn't do better than futz last year but with one more year will fix our offense.

ETA. and it's not that I think key is our problem. I think we've got bigger issues.

gravedigger
03-22-2019, 12:07 PM
Ehhh... I don't know. Barkley is the most talented RB in the nfl. He's a complete freak of an athlette. Kylin can be a very good player this year and never be in the same galaxy as Barkley. FWIW, I do think hill has a big year

ETA...
Barkley 6' 233 lbs
4.4 40 combine
29 reps on bench
41" vertical

I agree with this. But with all of Barkley's highlights at Penn State, I did think the offense made him look better than he was. Boy was I wrong on that. He has found another gear in the NFL.

Walkerhill
03-22-2019, 05:21 PM
I agree with this. But with all of Barkley's highlights at Penn State, I did think the offense made him look better than he was. Boy was I wrong on that. He has found another gear in the NFL.

Hopefully the person that makes the biggest jump year to year is Coach Joe. He now has had a front row seat (and has a whole year of tape against SEC defenses).

Running his offense in the SEC was going to be different then anywhere else and the only way to make that leap was learning on the job. Wholesale changes in philosophy are not necessary, but he does have an opportunity to make some tweaks which enhance efficiency.

Some good signs would be staying on schedule down to down better by creating higher percentage plays to set up the deep pass and also balance the running and passing games better.

A chess playing qb should be right up his alley, and he has some really good offensive skill players to work with.

I think he surprises our fan base in the next 2-3 years, hopefully starting this season.