PDA

View Full Version : Number 1

Dawgcap
03-20-2019, 09:56 PM
I am so tired of a fan group with the obsession of being Number 1 in a poll. Bottom line is an opinion of a few. Doesn?t mean shit. You hold the team to unrealistic expectations. We made a run last year after starting shitty but yet now we dissect every game and shit on a player who has had a bad outing. It?s laughable and I think it?s dumb as hell. We are 20-2. Guess what we will lose several in conference and for some to shit on players at a bad outing is sad.
Just my thoughts. Enjoy telling me on a message board how your decisions would keep us undefeated. I appreciate how you turned down millions to tell me how we win on a message board

Cooterpoot
03-20-2019, 09:59 PM
Tell us how you really feel.

Dawgcap
03-20-2019, 10:05 PM
Ha. Sorry. Love the team but to be honest if we catch lightning in a bottle again things are great unless we catch a team with the same lightning. I love and appreciate what’s goin on but I also realize we have great teams we have to play that are after the same goals. Just because we lose doesn’t mean our players suck.

TaleofTwoDogs
03-20-2019, 10:06 PM
You can start by not obsessing over a message board...........take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard.

KOdawg1
03-20-2019, 10:10 PM
Man you're on one tonight

Cooterpoot
03-20-2019, 10:10 PM
We’re as good as any team in the country at this point.

Dawgcap
03-20-2019, 10:12 PM
You can start by not obsessing over a message board...........take a deep breath and step away from the keyboard.

You’re right. I will. Let the complainers complain. It’s rude of me to say they are dumbasses

mparkerfd20
03-20-2019, 10:19 PM
Take some Midol and go bed.

KOdawg1
03-20-2019, 10:19 PM
You’re right. I will. Let the complainers complain. It’s rude of me to say they are dumbasses

Aren't you complaining? Like right now?

Dawgcap
03-20-2019, 10:24 PM
I apologize. I have complained. Wasn’t about players though. Just my thoughts like it is for several that have complained about players. Funny how it irritates a fan base who complains but it’s not cool to defend the actual players.

State82
03-20-2019, 10:58 PM
It's a freaking sports message board. Say what you want and why.

CadaverDawg
03-20-2019, 11:00 PM
Relax. The people that hinge on every pitch of a midweek game are probably our most passionate and emotionally invested fans. Fan = Fanatic.....emotionally invested fanatics have good moments that are epic and bad moments that are cringe-worthy....that's just the way it is. But make no mistake, those negative game thread posters (myself included sometimes, not tonight) want us to win and play our best baseball so bad they can't hardly stand it. I love the passionate, emotional, die hards...they (we) shorten our life expectancies cheering on the Dawgs. Appreciate them for what they are, and don't let it get to you so much. Give me a bunch of emotional crazy fanatics bitching during midweek baseball games over an uninterested bunch of sunshine pumpers every day.

PMDawg
03-20-2019, 11:00 PM
I am so tired of a fan group with the obsession of being Number 1 in a poll. Bottom line is an opinion of a few. Doesn?t mean shit. You hold the team to unrealistic expectations. We made a run last year after starting shitty but yet now we dissect every game and shit on a player who has had a bad outing. It?s laughable and I think it?s dumb as hell. We are 20-2. Guess what we will lose several in conference and for some to shit on players at a bad outing is sad.
Just my thoughts. Enjoy telling me on a message board how your decisions would keep us undefeated. I appreciate how you turned down millions to tell me how we win on a message board

Weird melt

Dawgcap
03-20-2019, 11:22 PM
Relax. The people that hinge on every pitch of a midweek game are probably our most passionate and emotionally invested fans. Fan = Fanatic.....emotionally invested fanatics have good moments that are epic and bad moments that are cringe-worthy....that's just the way it is. But make no mistake, those negative game thread posters (myself included sometimes, not tonight) want us to win and play our best baseball so bad they can't hardly stand it. I love the passionate, emotional, die hards...they (we) shorten our life expectancies cheering on the Dawgs. Appreciate them for what they are, and don't let it get to you so much. Give me a bunch of emotional crazy fanatics bitching during midweek baseball games over an uninterested bunch of sunshine pumpers every day.
Great points. But don’t discount the same fan base that doesn’t feel it’s ok to melt on certain players every game.

fishwater99
03-21-2019, 12:05 AM
Beat Auburn...

99jc
03-21-2019, 12:44 AM
Beat Auburn...

we will dunk all over them

MarketingBully
03-21-2019, 12:52 AM
Just don’t read the game threads. They are there for a reason. So fans can live moment to moment in the game. I was irritated we came out slow but like last night we fought back and won the game. I doubt very seriously you are going to see the bitching escalate much past the game thread. There really isn’t much if at all to bitch about this team outside of the game threads which live pitch by pitch and are sort of designed that way. It’s been like this since the beginning of EliteDawgs and it will be like that until it’s no longer here.

fishwater99
03-21-2019, 03:21 PM
Especially women's basketball.

ScoobaDawg
03-21-2019, 03:58 PM
We’re as good as any team in the country at this point.

The ability to grind out some of these wins.. especially midweek with not our normal lineup.. is what is so impressive. that will play big in the post-season.

Noxdog
03-21-2019, 09:05 PM

Man that was good times. Thank the good Lord we both matured. I agree with your overall point but it is sometimes hard not to get down by the negativity in the in game threads. Good news...rarely look at them anymore.

Peace Bro.

gravedigger
03-22-2019, 11:20 AM

Some are obsessed for good reasons, (namely because its fairly rare), some for not so good reasons. Think of posters this way:

1. Just the facts, ma'am - These posters moved to this board from other boards because they were wading through too much flowery and toxic crap to find out the inside scoop on MSU sports. They dont post much, but when they do they arent interested in bickering or the off topic stuff. Probably dont check the boards after a loss because there arent enough informative posts to justify the waste of time. More and more, after a win too.

2. I have a testimony! - Well meaning posters who want to voice their opinion, sometimes troll, but in a funny way to see what kind of response they will get. Some positive, some negative. they care about the inside info of the board just like #1 group, but post more often.

3. Dunning Kruger - cannot conceive of a world that anyone's opinion is more informed than their own. They throw shit against the wall hoping it will stick simply for the praise they might get if they randomly appear to be correct. Anything that happens in any proximity to an event, caused it. Voice inside their head says See, I told you so and book it on repeat. As their name suggests, they will never be able know they are, in fact, ignorant. They actually care about msu sports for the most part, bless their hearts.

4. Cant go to bed. Someone is wrong on the internet - self explaining title. Wont enjoy any sport because they cant get past dunningkrugerdawgs post that said Rowdey is pronating his right wrist. If you dont have them on ignore, it's your own damn fault....or you are one of them.

5. Miserable - some unexpected event has taken place and, by God, it obviously means that it's time to summon the spirit of Sylvester Croom.

One side note that started sometime around 2000........, the assumption that if one makes a negative statement about one's own favorite sports team that the fact that you made the statement, makes it more likely to be true. Yea, not so much.