PDA

View Full Version : WatchESPN Picture Flicker/Jerking

dstatechamps
03-20-2019, 08:19 AM
I saw on one of the boards someone asking about the WatchESPN app was acting jerky/flickering. We have had that same problem. We normally use a Roku to stream things. It always does that on the Roku. Doesn't do it on an iPad, phone, laptop, etc. If you guys are having the same issue, try an Amazon Firestick. I had bought one of those a while back, but never used it. Tried the game on it and had no issues at all. For whatever reason, that app and the Roku do not play well together.

Anyway, just FYI.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2019, 09:55 AM
Yeah that was me. I use Roku too and didn't have any problems with picture quality (good HD quality) until our games with FL last weekend. I can't see how it could be an issue with Roku, since the other apps work fine, but I guess it could be. My UVerse internet speed started fluctuating a lot when all this started. So AT&T is sending a tech out to see why I have lost substantial download and upload speeds. . Thanks for the info, and I may get a Firestick too.

dstatechamps
03-20-2019, 01:43 PM
Maddening thing was, the commercials played perfectly. Anyway.....

basedog
03-20-2019, 03:21 PM
I gave up on my Firestick, want let me sign in, I've called everyone asking for help and no one could solve the mystery.

Hypnodawg
03-20-2019, 03:37 PM
The live feeds require more processing power. The $100 Roku can handle it but the sticks seem to have an issue.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2019, 04:59 PM
I contacted ROKU support and ESPN Support , and neither found an issue with them. I think mine is an ATT&T issue, because my laptop freezes, and when all this started I had lost about 75 to 80 mbps when I started having this issue. ATT&T is scheduled to come out tomorrow and see why my download and upload speeds have drastically decreased (was getting 120 to 125mbps on both ) . We will see how that goes.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2019, 05:05 PM
The live feeds require more processing power. The $100 Roku can handle it but the sticks seem to have an issue.

My ROKU stick had great HD quality on the ESPN app prior to the FL games and since then the picture quality has been like crap. C-Spire had contractors doing directional drilling , in our neighborhood, and that was a nightmare when AT&T did the same two years ago. So who knows what happened. Hopefully the AT&T tech will.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2019, 05:13 PM
Maddening thing was, the commercials played perfectly. Anyway.....

Yep...same here

RocketDawg
03-20-2019, 06:02 PM

That's probably the problem. I have the cheapest early Roku stick, not much bigger than a regular flash drive, so I may go ahead and upgrade. My son has a Firestick but I'll probably stick with the Roku Ultima or whatever it's called. It takes a couple of minutes from the time I start to the time I'm watching a game ... surely the more expesinve, newer one is faster.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2019, 06:23 PM
That's probably the problem. I have the cheapest early Roku stick, not much bigger than a regular flash drive, so I may go ahead and upgrade. My son has a Firestick but I'll probably stick with the Roku Ultima or whatever it's called. It takes a couple of minutes from the time I start to the time I'm watching a game ... surely the more expesinve, newer one is faster.

My ROKU stick had good HD quality video on the ESPN App until the FL baseball series last weekend. The technical service rep for ESPN told me that the ESPN App. was the most cumulative App out there. When my internet download and upload speeds became erratic was when I had a problem with the ESPN App. Prior to then great HD quality when my download and upload speeds were 120 t0 125 mbps.

Dallas_Dawg
03-20-2019, 07:00 PM
Same on my google chrome cast
The WatchESPN app works fine but this ESPN+ bullshit that I have to pay for (free trial ends in 7 days) is about to make me shut it off.
It keeps freezing and I hate this douche announcer

RocketDawg
03-20-2019, 07:07 PM
My ROKU stick had good HD quality video on the ESPN App until the FL baseball series last weekend. The technical service rep for ESPN told me that the ESPN App. was the most cumulative App out there. When my internet download and upload speeds became erratic was when I had a problem with the ESPN App. Prior to then great HD quality when my download and upload speeds were 120 t0 125 mbps.

Mine's usually pretty stable, but occasionally the picture gets fuzzy, and sometimes it pauses, starts, pauses ... in other words, it jerks. I don't think it's a function of download speed, assuming you have something fast enough which isn't really all that high. I have 300 down, but sometimes get 450 and even higher on occasion, so I don't think that's the issue. I may go ahead and buy a new top-line Roku ... haven't bought a technical gadget in a while anyway. :)

yjnkdawg
03-20-2019, 07:19 PM
Mine's usually pretty stable, but occasionally the picture gets fuzzy, and sometimes it pauses, starts, pauses ... in other words, it jerks. I don't think it's a function of download speed, assuming you have something fast enough which isn't really all that high. I have 300 down, but sometimes get 450 and even higher on occasion, so I don't think that's the issue. I may go ahead and buy a new top-line Roku ... haven't bought a technical gadget in a while anyway. :)

I guess it could be the ROKU. Especially if you have an older stick but my laptop started buffering too. The ESPN tech told me that they had not made any changes in the App that would cause flickering, or a strobe like effect.which she said was actually buffering, and I needed more internet speed, or it would always be like that (geeshh). I have an AT&T tech coming tomorrow to hopwfully find out why my internet speed dropped like it did. . So I'm gonna put the ball in AT&T's ball park, and see if somebody knows how to fix both problems. :D
Download speed would definitely not be an issue for you.

RocketDawg
03-20-2019, 07:29 PM
I guess it could be the ROKU. Especially if you have an older stick but my laptop started buffering too. The ESPN tech told me that they had not made any changes in the App that would cause flickering, or a strobe like effect.which she said was actually buffering, and I needed more internet speed, or it would always be like that (geeshh). I have an AT&T tech coming tomorrow to hopwfully find out why my internet speed dropped like it did. . So I'm gonna put the ball in AT&T's ball park, and see if somebody knows how to fix both problems. :D

If you're on cablem modem, it could be either a bad modem, or a bad router. I've had both to go out, and decided to buy my own of each. Haven't had an issue since. Presumably you're using wifi as your input ... try going to the 5 GHz setting on your router. It'll have a somewhat weaker signal, but it's much faster, I suppose because of lower traffic on that frequency.

yjnkdawg
03-20-2019, 07:37 PM
If you're on cablem modem, it could be either a bad modem, or a bad router. I've had both to go out, and decided to buy my own of each. Haven't had an issue since. Presumably you're using wifi as your input ... try going to the 5 GHz setting on your router. It'll have a somewhat weaker signal, but it's much faster, I suppose because of lower traffic on that frequency.

I have AT&T UVerse Fiber to the Home. The modem is one thing I think they are definitely going to test. I have thought about getting my own modem, but never have followed through. I use 5G ,but for some reason ROKU won't recognize my 5G. Thanks for the info. I'll try to post back on here if something is resolved. They will probably tell me to contact ESPN, which I have already done, but we will see.

RocketDawg
03-20-2019, 08:32 PM
I have AT&T UVerse Fiber to the Home. The modem is one thing I think they are definitely going to test. I have thought about getting my own modem, but never have followed through. I use 5G ,but for some reason ROKU won't recognize my 5G. Thanks for the info. I'll try to post back on here if something is resolved. They will probably tell me to contact ESPN, which I have already done, but we will see.

Come to think of it, I don't think my Roku will connect to 5G either. Not sure about the new ones; I'll have to check. They're 4K though. The high speeds I mentioned must have been when watching Amazon Prime. I still get 170 or so which should be plenty fast enough.

Outside Dawg
03-20-2019, 09:22 PM
I was having this problem back during football season with my 1st gen firestick. I upgraded to newest FireTV for more processing power and it fixed my issues. I never have any issues anymore on the espn app through FireTV, regular feeds or espn+. And I?ve got slow ATT speed.

Dallas_Dawg
03-20-2019, 09:34 PM
Its not your devices or internet
I stream often and have never seen it like this tonight.
It has to be the network infrastructure at Samford. All of our home games on watch espn are picture perfect every time

Liverpooldawg
03-21-2019, 06:51 PM
It has to be the network infrastructure at Samford. All of our home games on watch espn are picture perfect every time

I got Roku last weekend and Watch ESPN has been like this since I got it. Every other app is fine. It's just this one. I've got a midrange ROKU, not a stick. It works fine on my computer an IPad.

yjnkdawg
03-21-2019, 07:50 PM

Mine started being unwatchable when the Florida series started. It is an issue with live broadcasts, for me. Prior to that live broadcasts were HD quality. Everything else works fine on my ROKU, even Directv Now.

yjnkdawg
03-21-2019, 08:00 PM
Well everybody has come to the conclusion that nobody knows what my problem with the ESPN app is. Roku doesn't know, ESPN doesn't know, AT&T doesn't know and I don't know either. It is not a buffering issue, because even on 2.4 GHZ it is showing on my ROKU that I'm getting 65 to 75 mbps. So now even ESPN agrees that it is not a buffering issue, and a lack of speed. AT&T said it is a frame issue, and it appears like it is trying to refresh the picture every few seconds. Too bad I don't tune into the ESPN App to watch the commercial ads because they are in brilliant HD quality. Any prerecorded programs look OK. It's only a problem with live programming. I may try a firestick and see if that solves it. Even one tech told me it could be my HDTV (lol), but the problem there is that live programming on the ESPN App is the only video issue I have. Oh, and the second tech, I talked with at ESPN today told me that they had not had any problem with their app. I guess she doesn't google search ESPN and complaints, or issues

yjnkdawg
03-21-2019, 08:12 PM

I think you were the one who mentioned in an earlier thread sometime back, that the volume on the ROKU was a lot louder than on the tv provider channels. Mine was too, but you should be able to go to Settings on your ROKU and lower the volume. Mine was defaulted to high. I switched it to medium.

RocketDawg
03-21-2019, 08:28 PM
I think you were the one who mentioned in an earlier thread sometime back, that the volume on the ROKU was a lot louder than on the tv provider channels. Mine was too, but you should be able to go to Settings on your ROKU and lower the volume. Mine was defaulted to high. I switched it to medium.

Just checked, and the only thing mine has is "Menu Volume", which only controls the loudness of the clicks when you press a button.

yjnkdawg
03-22-2019, 12:26 PM
Comments from the ROKU Forum -Deja vu

Internet issues would manifest as buffering a reduction in screen resolution, not constant choppiness. This is clearly not an internet speed issue. And as mentioned, other apps do not have this issue.

I'm watching the Hawaii / Cal game now and EUREKA! 60fps is now coming through on both Roku and my Android phone. This is without updating either of the apps, so I'm guessing that up until recently, there was some preprocessing or bandwidth control being done on ESPN's side to limit video feeds to 30fps on streaming devices. Wish ESPN could've just admitted that they weren't outputting at 60fps instead of blaming it on my net speed.

Watching the Jets/Lions game tonight and it is chop city. Funny thing is, all the commercials are perfectly smooth, so it’s only the game feed that is horribly choppy with an unacceptable frame rate. This tells me it’s not the ESPN Roku channel itself, but rather the way they are transcoding/interfacing with the channel from the cameras on the field.

This shows that it is a frame issue just like the tech told me yesterday. So in other words if ESPN is using the 30fps then it is choppy because they can't keep up with the HDTV's refresh rate, and the choppiness is due to this. I may contact ROKU chat and let them know what I have learned, and tell them that this is not a new issue.

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 12:49 PM
Comments from the ROKU Forum -Deja vu

Internet issues would manifest as buffering a reduction in screen resolution, not constant choppiness. This is clearly not an internet speed issue. And as mentioned, other apps do not have this issue.

I'm watching the Hawaii / Cal game now and EUREKA! 60fps is now coming through on both Roku and my Android phone. This is without updating either of the apps, so I'm guessing that up until recently, there was some preprocessing or bandwidth control being done on ESPN's side to limit video feeds to 30fps on streaming devices. Wish ESPN could've just admitted that they weren't outputting at 60fps instead of blaming it on my net speed.

Watching the Jets/Lions game tonight and it is chop city. Funny thing is, all the commercials are perfectly smooth, so it’s only the game feed that is horribly choppy with an unacceptable frame rate. This tells me it’s not the ESPN Roku channel itself, but rather the way they are transcoding/interfacing with the channel from the cameras on the field.

This shows that it is a frame issue just like the tech told me yesterday. So in other words if ESPN is using the 30fps then it is choppy because they can't keep up with the HDTV's refresh rate, and the choppiness is due to this. I may contact ROKU chat and let them know what I have learned, and tell them that this is not a new issue.

Sounds like that's the crux of the issue. But we're getting 1 frame every 2 or 3 seconds as opposed to 30 or 60 fps. Sometimes it's one frame every 10 seconds or so - basically, the picture freezes.

yjnkdawg
03-22-2019, 01:05 PM
Sounds like that's the crux of the issue. But we're getting 1 frame every 2 or 3 seconds as opposed to 30 or 60 fps. Sometimes it's one frame every 10 seconds or so - basically, the picture freezes.

Mine doesn't freeze up. It just gives a herky jerky movement on any action (talking, body movement, etc.), and you will get a headache from trying to watch it.

Lord McBuckethead
03-22-2019, 01:36 PM

Well, step one is slowing your speed up when checking out ABC ESPN stuff. Thanks for the ability for companies to throttle other companies apps. Probably doesn't have anything to do with it, but maybe.

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 02:41 PM
Mine doesn't freeze up. It just gives a herky jerky movement on any action (talking, body movement, etc.), and you will get a headache from trying to watch it.

Mine has frozen a couple of times. One time of note was a women's basketball game a month or so ago. It finally righted itself, but was like that about half the game. It sounds like the model of Roku might make a difference.

yjnkdawg
03-22-2019, 05:35 PM
This is off the ROKU site-

Why is video jerky when watching a movie or video?
-
When auto-adjust display refresh rate is disabled, your 4K capable Roku player outputs all content at 60fps. A movie filmed at 24fps, or a video shot at 25fps may exhibit subtle jerkiness due to the conversion to 60fps. To avoid this behavior, follow the steps listed above and enable auto-adjust display refresh rate.

I just ordered the ROKU Ultra. You can also use it wired with an Ethernet connection which gives the best connection and no interference, like Wifi can. If that doesn't solve my issue then I will return it back to Amazon where a bought my current ROKU Stick.

RocketDawg
03-22-2019, 06:14 PM
This is off the ROKU site-

Why is video jerky when watching a movie or video?
-
When auto-adjust display refresh rate is disabled, your 4K capable Roku player outputs all content at 60fps. A movie filmed at 24fps, or a video shot at 25fps may exhibit subtle jerkiness due to the conversion to 60fps. To avoid this behavior, follow the steps listed above and enable auto-adjust display refresh rate.

I just ordered the ROKU Ultra. You can also use it wired with an Ethernet connection which gives the best connection and no interference, like Wifi can. If that doesn't solve my issue then I will return it back to Amazon where a bought my current ROKU Stick.

Oddly enough, I just ordered one too from Amazon. I probably should have gone to Best Buy and got one (same price) to support local business, but I've been sickly today and didn't feel like going to the store. My goals are hopefully better response time for loading, ability to use Ethernet connection, and 4K HDR. I won't send it back unless it doesn't work properly ... just use it for the main television and move the cheap stick to the bedroom.

To use Ethernet, I'll have to get a splitter cable since I have it connected to my Dish Hopper and there's only one Ethernet port downstairs. My Wifi is pretty good though.

yjnkdawg
03-24-2019, 05:50 PM
I got the ROKU Ultra which is supposed to auto adjust to the program refresh rate. It may be slightly better , but it is still a crappy herky jerky piece of crap on live ESPN App videos. It is worse on some cameras and distances than others. I called ESPN this afternoon again, and waited on the line for around 30 minutes and never got a tech, or not even a recording to leave my number and they would call back. After I had waited 5 minutes or so, I got a recording that said we are sorry for the delay , but we are experiencing a high number of calls, but please remain on the line. After that recording it was only distorted music on the line. This definitely is a frame issue, with ROKU and ESPN as others around the country have had these same problems, and it started the same time ours' did. I was kinda hoping I would get that tech who told me earlier last week that my problem was internet speed and they had no issues with their app.

RocketDawg
03-26-2019, 07:05 PM
I got the ROKU Ultra which is supposed to auto adjust to the program refresh rate. It may be slightly better , but it is still a crappy herky jerky piece of crap on live ESPN App videos. It is worse on some cameras and distances than others. I called ESPN this afternoon again, and waited on the line for around 30 minutes and never got a tech, or not even a recording to leave my number and they would call back. After I had waited 5 minutes or so, I got a recording that said we are sorry for the delay , but we are experiencing a high number of calls, but please remain on the line. After that recording it was only distorted music on the line. This definitely is a frame issue, with ROKU and ESPN as others around the country have had these same problems, and it started the same time ours' did. I was kinda hoping I would get that tech who told me earlier last week that my problem was internet speed and they had no issues with their app.

I got my Roku Ultra hooked up yesterday, and am watching a little of tonight's game and sure enough, it's jerky. With my old non-4K Roku, it wasn't jerky but would pause for a second or two, and sometimes even freeze. So I think what you posted is true ... it's trying to upcovert to 60 fps and the ESPN output is only 30 fps. I'm not sure how to do the auto-correct fix.

One thing to ask you: Are you getting a 60fps connection? I'm not. I went and bought a Premium HDMI 2.2 capable cable, and the hookup is listed as only 30fps. My television should be 2.2 capable, since it's only a year or so old. It's a 65" LG OLED HDR. The HDMI inputs are not labeled as being HDCP 2.2 capable, but looking on the Crutchfield site, it says that all the HDMIs on my set are 2.2. I never could find the specs in the online LG manual.

Are you getting a 60fps connection?

The new Ultra is considerably faster to load things than my old stick was.

yjnkdawg
03-27-2019, 12:18 AM
I got my Roku Ultra hooked up yesterday, and am watching a little of tonight's game and sure enough, it's jerky. With my old non-4K Roku, it wasn't jerky but would pause for a second or two, and sometimes even freeze. So I think what you posted is true ... it's trying to upcovert to 60 fps and the ESPN output is only 30 fps. I'm not sure how to do the auto-correct fix.

One thing to ask you: Are you getting a 60fps connection? I'm not. I went and bought a Premium HDMI 2.2 capable cable, and the hookup is listed as only 30fps. My television should be 2.2 capable, since it's only a year or so old. It's a 65" LG OLED HDR. The HDMI inputs are not labeled as being HDCP 2.2 capable, but looking on the Crutchfield site, it says that all the HDMIs on my set are 2.2. I never could find the specs in the online LG manual.

Are you getting a 60fps connection?

The new Ultra is considerably faster to load things than my old stick was.

Not sure on that. I'll have to check on it. Mine went crazy tonight. Even the commercial ads had refresh issues. The TV screen would blank out (solid blue color) and then the ads would become herky jerky. Then they may blank out again and clear up (weird). I got the error message that this was not a part of my tv package. I have gotten that several times over the last week. I even got a message that I had too much concurrent streaming , and I was being logged out because I had exceeded my limit (whatever that means), and if I had any questions to contact ESPN. I have been in contact with ROKU Support and sent them a lot of info. We will see what happens. I am going to contact ESPN again.

Was your Ultra in a package or packing box? They just stuck the shipping sticker on the actual ROKU box. So mine could have gotten banged around in transit.

RocketDawg
03-27-2019, 08:23 AM
Not sure on that. I'll have to check on it. Mine went crazy tonight. Even the commercial ads had refresh issues. The TV screen would blank out (solid blue color) and then the ads would become herky jerky. Then they may blank out again and clear up (weird). I got the error message that this was not a part of my tv package. I have gotten that several times over the last week. I even got a message that I had too much concurrent streaming , and I was being logged out because I had exceeded my limit (whatever that means), and if I had any questions to contact ESPN. I have been in contact with ROKU Support and sent them a lot of info. We will see what happens. I am going to contact ESPN again.

Was your Ultra in a package or packing box? They just stuck the shipping sticker on the actual ROKU box. So mine could have gotten banged around in transit.

My Ultra was in its own sealed box, then that was put in a larger cardboard box with air pillow packing around it. I got two things on Monday and both were shipped via the Post Office: One was the Roku, and it's a good thing it was packaged well because they'd beat it up a bit. The Roku box didn't have a dent on it though. Second was two half-gallons of maple syrup I ordered from a place in Vermont. They were in a Priority Mail box, and the box was almost destroyed. One edge was completely split open, but the syrup was amazingly intact.

The only problem I had with the Ultra last night was a jerky picture. The commercials were smooth, but I didn't watch much of the game because of the jerkiness. All other things (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) on Roku are just fine. I may have to go back to watching games on my old Roku stick; it'd freeze sometimes, but wasn't a constant jerky movement. We most likely wouldn't even need Roku if you could put the ESPN app as one of the smart TV apps, but I don't think ESPN allows TV manufacturers to do that.

I think I'll contact LG to make sure my HDMI inputs are of the proper type. Even though I bought it a year ago, I've heard since that it's a 2017 model (Best Buy didn't tell me that), but also name brand televisions made since about 2013 are supposed to have at least one 2.2-capable input for 60 fps HD HDR.

One thing I tried ... thought I'd use my Apple earbuds with the Ultra remote since they are much higher quality than the "free" ones. They don't work for some reason, even though they both have the same jack. You have to use the ones that came with the Ultra if you want to use headphones, or at least some others that are compatible.

yjnkdawg
03-27-2019, 06:28 PM
My Ultra was in its own sealed box, then that was put in a larger cardboard box with air pillow packing around it. I got two things on Monday and both were shipped via the Post Office: One was the Roku, and it's a good thing it was packaged well because they'd beat it up a bit. The Roku box didn't have a dent on it though. Second was two half-gallons of maple syrup I ordered from a place in Vermont. They were in a Priority Mail box, and the box was almost destroyed. One edge was completely split open, but the syrup was amazingly intact.

The only problem I had with the Ultra last night was a jerky picture. The commercials were smooth, but I didn't watch much of the game because of the jerkiness. All other things (YouTube, Netflix, etc.) on Roku are just fine. I may have to go back to watching games on my old Roku stick; it'd freeze sometimes, but wasn't a constant jerky movement. We most likely wouldn't even need Roku if you could put the ESPN app as one of the smart TV apps, but I don't think ESPN allows TV manufacturers to do that.

I think I'll contact LG to make sure my HDMI inputs are of the proper type. Even though I bought it a year ago, I've heard since that it's a 2017 model (Best Buy didn't tell me that), but also name brand televisions made since about 2013 are supposed to have at least one 2.2-capable input for 60 fps HD HDR.

One thing I tried ... thought I'd use my Apple earbuds with the Ultra remote since they are much higher quality than the "free" ones. They don't work for some reason, even though they both have the same jack. You have to use the ones that came with the Ultra if you want to use headphones, or at least some others that are compatible.

I don't think any equipment that we have, or don't have is the issue. ESPN told me that they had not made any changes prior to or since I had experienced the problems,and prior to March 15th (when I first noticed the glitch) my picture quality had been HD. So I don't see how the HDMI connection could have become an issue. Based upon what ESPN told me. I did get an email from ROKU today and the ROKU Service Support Rep (that I had been in contact with since March 15th), told me that they were transferring this to their Concerned Group to investigate the matter, and they would update me once they got a response from that group. I had sent them a lot of correspondence on what I experienced , what I had done etc. She said that was valuable feedback, and gave them an idea of what the problem was, but they were already aware that there was a problem. My Ultra could have gotten damaged in transit, with all that crazy stuff (blanking out, etc) that happened last night, but it didn't appear to be. I don't like this sending electronics in the original retail box only, with no bubble wrap or any type of protection, and just slapping a shipping sticker on the box, but maybe they thought the retail box was protection enough. Mine was the two day shipping by air. Enough said about the careful handling. lol :(

RocketDawg
03-27-2019, 09:20 PM
I don't think any equipment that we have, or don't have is the issue. ESPN told me that they had not made any changes prior to or since I had experienced the problems,and prior to March 15th (when I first noticed the glitch) my picture quality had been HD. So I don't see how the HDMI connection could have become an issue. Based upon what ESPN told me. I did get an email from ROKU today and the ROKU Service Support Rep (that I had been in contact with since March 15th), told me that they were transferring this to their Concerned Group to investigate the matter, and they would update me once they got a response from that group. I had sent them a lot of correspondence on what I experienced , what I had done etc. She said that was valuable feedback, and gave them an idea of what the problem was, but they were already aware that there was a problem. My Ultra could have gotten damaged in transit, with all that crazy stuff (blanking out, etc) that happened last night, but it didn't appear to be. I don't like this sending electronics in the original retail box only, with no bubble wrap or any type of protection, and just slapping a shipping sticker on the box, but maybe they thought the retail box was protection enough. Mine was the two day shipping by air. Enough said about the careful handling. lol :(

Did you order from Amazon? Packing may depend on where the "fulfillment center" is located. Mine comes out of Lexington, and they tend to package things pretty well. In fact, the box they sent it in would have held several Ultra boxes. I hope they get the jerky motion issue solved soon. I pretty much had to quit watching the game last night. The blanking out you're experiencing sounds like either transit damage or a defective unit.

yjnkdawg
03-27-2019, 10:00 PM
Did you order from Amazon? Packing may depend on where the "fulfillment center" is located. Mine comes out of Lexington, and they tend to package things pretty well. In fact, the box they sent it in would have held several Ultra boxes. I hope they get the jerky motion issue solved soon. I pretty much had to quit watching the game last night. The blanking out you're experiencing sounds like either transit damage or a defective unit.

Yep! My thinking too. Mine was shipped from Lexington, KY too, with two day delivery by the USPS. Since I posted the above the Customer Support Rep has emailed me again wanting more information. Like Serial Number, Channel Version, Software version, Last Software Update, and Issue ID (which I had to punch different buttons a set number of times to get the ID to show). She said this would escalate the case for their engineering team to investigate, and reach a resolution. So it has been sent. I think the Issue ID shows them where the issue is occurring, or the type of issue, but I'm not certain on that.

RocketDawg
03-30-2019, 02:17 PM
I'm not really watching the game this afternoon, but I just pulled it up using Roku and the jerky movement seems to have cleared up.

yjnkdawg
03-30-2019, 11:36 PM
I'm not really watching the game this afternoon, but I just pulled it up using Roku and the jerky movement seems to have cleared up.

Yep! ROKU Support sent me an email, Thursday and said that they were escalating the case to their engineering group to investigate the issue, and would hopefully have a resolution soon.