PDA

View Full Version : NIT

RocketDawg
03-19-2019, 07:38 PM
I'm watching a bit of the Clemson/Wright State NIT game. Noticed they have two three-point arcs. I believe men and women use the same arc, so the outer one on Clemson's floor must be the NBA line. Do they have pro teams that play there?

msstate7
03-19-2019, 07:40 PM
I'm watching a bit of the Clemson/Wright State NIT game. Noticed they have two three-point arcs. I believe men and women use the same arc, so the outer one on Clemson's floor must be the NBA line. Do they have pro teams that play there?

NIT is always used as experimental ground. I'd guess they're playing with moving out the 3-pt line, which I'm in favor of

RocketDawg
03-19-2019, 08:08 PM
NIT is always used as experimental ground. I'd guess they're playing with moving out the 3-pt line, which I'm in favor of

Correct. I just saw them talking about the new experimental rules. The outer 3-point line is to FIBA standards (whatever that is), the free throw lane is wider by 4 feet to same as NBA, and the shot clock resets to 20 seconds instead of 30 after an offensive rebound (presumably the ball still has to hit the iron). And there are a couple other changes.

HailState39110
03-19-2019, 08:12 PM
Did South Carolina decline an NIT bid ? I just noticed the SEC teams in the NIT are Alabama and Arkansas . You would figure with S carolina finishing 4th in the league they would have been awarded an NIT bid despite their non conference struggles

msstate7
03-19-2019, 08:18 PM
Did South Carolina decline an NIT bid ? I just noticed the SEC teams in the NIT are Alabama and Arkansas . You would figure with S carolina finishing 4th in the league they would have been awarded an NIT bid despite their non conference struggles

Can you be in NIT with .500 record?