PDA

View Full Version : Trout gets 430 Million Extension

Lord McBuckethead
03-19-2019, 03:26 PM
Dang.

msstate7
03-19-2019, 03:28 PM
Love it. Harper's contract isn't the largest anymore. Harper also was calling trout to philly too

basedog
03-19-2019, 03:33 PM
Ridiculous. Crazy. Insane.

Lord McBuckethead
03-19-2019, 03:45 PM
That is like 24k per inning for the rest of his career. Some innings he does not catch the ball nor does he bat.

msudawglb
03-19-2019, 03:50 PM
I wonder what the odds are to grow up and being as good at baseball as Trout and to sign that lucrative contract? Which is better odds....becoming a Mike Trout or winning the Powerball? Both pay the same.

ShotgunDawg
03-19-2019, 04:00 PM
I wonder what the odds are to grow up and being as good at baseball as Trout and to sign that lucrative contract? Which is better odds....becoming a Mike Trout or winning the Powerball? Both pay the same.

Odd of winning Powerball is 1 and 304 million.

Trout just signed the biggest contract in history and may be the best player in history. So Mike Trout is 1 in how ever many kids have ever played baseball

ShotgunDawg
Ridiculous. Crazy. Insane.

Would you rather the owner make the money?

StarkVegasSteve
I think that could become another ARod situation if the Angels continue to suck as bad as they have the last couple of years. I could see him wanting out around year 4 or 5 of that deal to be traded to a contender.

Gutter Cobreh
03-19-2019, 04:03 PM

I'll go with the Powerball has better odds. You get one shot to be born with his talent, yet I can buy as many lottery tickets as I can afford.

Also, I'd like to be Uncle Sam with either situation as he always gets his cut!

msstate7
03-19-2019, 04:04 PM

I'd rather both make less and tickets, concessions, and merchandise be cheaper.

MetEdDawg
03-19-2019, 04:04 PM
Think about the amount of money they put into Pujols the last 10 years and see if they got their investment back.

I know Trout is generation but that really limits them in acquisitions in the future. As Braves fans we will have to face this when Acu?a gets to this point. Hopefully we can make it happen and not hamstring the organization.

msstate7
03-19-2019, 04:05 PM
I'll go with the Powerball has better odds. You get one shot to be born with his talent, yet I can buy as many lottery tickets as I can afford.

Also, I'd like to be Uncle Sam with either situation as he always gets his cut!
They keep printing power ball tickets though, so odds don't get better, right?

msstate7
03-19-2019, 04:05 PM
Think about the amount of money they put into Pujols the last 10 years and see if they got their investment back.

I know Trout is generation but that really limits them in acquisitions in the future. As Braves fans we will have to face this when Acu?a gets to this point. Hopefully we can make it happen and not hamstring the organization.

We won't be able to afford acuna. Enjoy him the next 5 years, maybe 6

ShotgunDawg
03-19-2019, 04:18 PM

Most of this money is the TV deals. You can get very affordable tickets to most MLB stadiums.

msstate7
03-19-2019, 04:27 PM
Most of this money is the TV deals. You can get very affordable tickets to most MLB stadiums.

They aren't bad for a couple. Take a family of 4 though and eat

Political Hack
03-19-2019, 04:35 PM
That is like 24k per inning for the rest of his career. Some innings he does not catch the ball nor does he bat.

Somebody did the math and said it's around $1,600 per pitch.

Todd4State
03-19-2019, 04:44 PM
They aren't bad for a couple. Take a family of 4 though and eat

Just don't eat at the park. That's what I usually do. Still not bad for a family of four compared to other sports.

Todd4State
03-19-2019, 04:49 PM
I think that could become another ARod situation if the Angels continue to suck as bad as they have the last couple of years. I could see him wanting out around year 4 or 5 of that deal to be traded to a contender.

With the way that the Angels run their organization I would have gone elsewhere and tried to win a World Series if I was Trout. They throw all this money at Pujols, Ohtani, Josh Hamilton and whoever else is the next big name free agent and then they don't have any leverage to make trades late in the year and usually aren't contending.

Gutter Cobreh
03-19-2019, 04:49 PM
They keep printing power ball tickets though, so odds don't get better, right?

You're only born once and the world's population is 7.53 billion. Powerball odds are 1 in 292 million.

If you added in Harper to the equation, essentially doubling the opportunity to be born with their talent - you still have a better shot to win the Powerball.

msstate7
03-19-2019, 04:50 PM
Just don't eat at the park. That's what I usually do. Still not bad for a family of four compared to other sports.

I usually only go with my wife these days. I am sympathetic to those with families that would like to take in the full experience though. I wish more owners would copy author blanks' approach at falcon games, much cheaper concessions.

basedog
03-19-2019, 04:53 PM

Neither.

I don't keep up with MLB anymore but best ever is a little or maybe a lot over the top!

basedog
03-19-2019, 04:54 PM

+1

Commercecomet24
03-19-2019, 06:32 PM

This. Baseball is by far the most affordable professional sport to go see.

msstate7
03-19-2019, 06:47 PM
This. Baseball is by far the most affordable professional sport to go see.

81 home games in mlb
41 home games in nba
8 home games in nfl

Avg nfl ticket is $100.26 https://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/

Avg nba ticket is $56
https://www.valuepenguin.com/2017/02/affordability-every-nba-team-tickets

Avg mlb ticket is $32.44
https://www.statista.com/statistics/193426/average-ticket-price-in-the-mlb-since-2006/

So, yes, mlb is the cheapest option for one ticket. You could look at this way too though...

$100.26 in the nfl gets you 12.5% of the home scheduled games

$56 in the nba gets you 2.4% of the home scheduled games

$32.44 in the mlb gets you 1.2% of the home scheduled games

Nfl is by far the best bang for your buck; Mlb would be the least bang for your buck

Saltydog
03-19-2019, 06:47 PM
That's approximately $100,000 per day for the next 12 years. WOW!

Commercecomet24
03-19-2019, 06:51 PM
81 home games in mlb
41 home games in nba
8 home games in nfl

Avg nfl ticket is $100.26 https://www.statista.com/statistics/193595/average-ticket-price-in-the-nfl-by-team/

Avg nba ticket is $56

Avg mlb ticket is $32.44
https://www.statista.com/statistics/193426/average-ticket-price-in-the-mlb-since-2006/

So, yes, mlb is the cheapest option for one ticket. You could look at this way too though...

Nfl is by far the best bang for your buck; Mlb would be the least bang for your buck

You can look at it that' way, I don't, lol. Nothing like mlb(or any baseball) to me but that's just me.

msstate7
03-19-2019, 06:54 PM
You can look at it that' way, I don't, lol. Nothing like mlb(or any baseball) to me but that's just me.

I attend multiple grizzlies, saints, and brave games every year. Braves' baseball is by far my favorite of the 3 to follow, but saints' games in person are the best. Nfl games are awesome in person

ETA... I was at braves-Phillies last year when the braves clinched the east. The next day I attended saints-falcons in Atlanta. The falcons' game was more fun. Crazy, but true, even with the braves clinching.

parabrave
03-19-2019, 08:50 PM
We won't be able to afford acuna. Enjoy him the next 5 years, maybe 6

When we watched Acuna in AA we always said he will look good in Pinstripes in a few years.

msstate7
03-19-2019, 08:55 PM
When we watched Acuna in AA we always said he will look good in Pinstripes in a few years.

Bout right, unfortunately

Todd4State
03-20-2019, 01:08 AM
81 home games in mlb
41 home games in nba
8 home games in nfl

Avg nba ticket is $56

Avg mlb ticket is $32.44

Depends on the person/family. If you attend one pro sporting event with your family a year MLB in that sense is getting the most bang for that person's buck. It depends on the team too. You're getting more bang for your buck watching the Cardinals, Braves, Yankees, Cubs, etc. than you would watching the Marlins.

parabrave
03-20-2019, 01:10 AM
Bout right, unfortunately

I remember when Ted owned the team it was said about young stud pitchers; they will make great Braves pitchers. Man wished Ted bought back the team a few years ago.