PDA

View Full Version : NCAA Tournament Predictions (Men?s and Women?s)

runwildjerious
03-18-2019, 09:44 PM
I am historically bad at these things but I would like to see what everyone else is thinking about these tournaments.

Men?s Final Four: Duke, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee
National Championship: North Carolina over Duke

Major Upsets: 8 Syracuse over 1 Gonzaga, 12 Murray State over 5 Marquette and 4 Florida State, 7 Wofford over 2 Kentucky

Women?s Final Four: Iowa, Mississippi State, UCONN, Notre Dame
National Championship: Mississippi State over UCONN

Major Upsets: 13 Wright State over 4 TAMU, 13 FGCU over 4 Miami, 11 Quinnipiac over 6 SDST, 11 Tennessee over 6 UCLA and 3 Maryland

confucius say
03-19-2019, 10:16 AM
I have the same final four on the men, but with duke besting TN. I also think Gonzaga goes down before the elite 8

Ari Gold
03-19-2019, 10:23 AM
If you play chalk with the women’s bracket my guess you will prob be around the 90%
It’s the closest thing to college football than any other sport when it comes to upsets

smootness
03-19-2019, 10:38 AM
If you play chalk with the women’s bracket my guess you will prob be around the 90%
It’s the closest thing to college football than any other sport when it comes to upsets

It's becoming less so every year. Last year there were 9 1st-round upsets; granted 3 were 9-seeds, but also 3 11's and a 12. There were also 4 2nd round upsets, including 2 11 seeds that made the Sweet 16. Also a 6 seed that made the Elite 8.

Obviously, it still isn't as much of a crapshoot as the men's tournament, and all 4 1-seeds did make the Final 4.

But in 2017, a 10 and a 12 made the Elite 8. And in 2016, two of the regions had a 4 playing a 7 in the regional final. The F4 had a 1, a 2, a 4, and a 7.

parabrave
03-19-2019, 10:40 AM
I am historically bad at these things but I would like to see what everyone else is thinking about these tournaments.

Men?s Final Four: Duke, Michigan, North Carolina, Tennessee
National Championship: North Carolina over Duke

Major Upsets: 8 Syracuse over 1 Gonzaga, 12 Murray State over 5 Marquette and 4 Florida State, 7 Wofford over 2 Kentucky

Women?s Final Four: Iowa, Mississippi State, UCONN, Notre Dame
National Championship: Mississippi State over UCONN

Major Upsets: 13 Wright State over 4 TAMU, 13 FGCU over 4 Miami, 11 Quinnipiac over 6 SDST, 11 Tennessee over 6 UCLA and 3 Maryland

Who beats Baylor???

Covercorner2
03-19-2019, 10:44 AM
Men's Final Four: Duke, Gonzaga, Tennessee, Kentucky
National Championship: Duke over Tennessee

Major Upsets: First round:
Murray State
Oregon
Irvine
New Mexico State
Northeastern

NMSU and Irvine in the Sweet Sixteen.

Ari Gold
03-19-2019, 10:49 AM
It's becoming less so every year. Last year there were 9 1st-round upsets; granted 3 were 9-seeds, but also 3 11's and a 12. There were also 4 2nd round upsets, including 2 11 seeds that made the Sweet 16. Also a 6 seed that made the Elite 8.

Obviously, it still isn't as much of a crapshoot as the men's tournament, and all 4 1-seeds did make the Final 4.

But in 2017, a 10 and a 12 made the Elite 8. And in 2016, two of the regions had a 4 playing a 7 in the regional final. The F4 had a 1, a 2, a 4, and a 7.

I will lay chalk with the women every day all day.

CadaverDawg
03-19-2019, 11:33 AM
Michigan has a really good coach, and I like them to make the Final 4 unless Texas Tech trips them up. I don't see any way Gonzaga gets through that region. Syracuse is tough to prep for in 1 day, so they could lose as early as round 2.
I think Iowa State Beats UK and will play UNC in a tight one to determine that region.
I like Virginia vs UT with UT winning, but that's 1 vs 2 so that region will probably blow up and ruin me.
Hard not to pick Duke in our Region, but Michigan State is tough and LSU is talented enough to win the whole thing.
I like UC Irvine as an upset, but hate that so many others do too. Oregon over Wiscy too.

Elite 8 picks:
Duke vs Mich St
Florida St vs Michigan
Virginia vs Tennessee
UNC vs Iowa State

Final 4:
Duke
Michigan
Tennessee
UNC

Championship:
I'll go with the upset and say Michigan vs North Carolina, and North Carolina cutting down the nets

smootness
03-19-2019, 12:02 PM
Mine:

Men's - Duke, Texas Tech, Virginia, Kentucky
- Championship: Duke over Kentucky
- Big upsets: Belmont (in Sweet 16), Murray St. (in Sweet 16), Arizona St., Oregon (in Sweet 16)

Women's - MSU, UConn, Baylor, Notre Dame

runwildjerious
03-19-2019, 12:54 PM
Who beats Baylor???

Iowa and wishful thinking. They have bigs that can run. They will give Baylor (and us if it gets that far) fits.

Lord McBuckethead
03-19-2019, 03:15 PM
Best source
https://wheeldecide.com/clients/example/tourney/

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2019, 04:04 PM

If you go chalk in the women's bracket then odds are you'll get at least 3 of the 4 Final 4 teams correct. This year would be a little different as you'd probably pick UCONN over Louisville in that Regional final and I imagine some national media would pick Oregon over us in our regional final since it's in Portland.

Dawghouse
03-19-2019, 05:05 PM
Best source
https://wheeldecide.com/clients/example/tourney/

About as MSU as it could get, make the championship and lose to freakin Buffalo.

https://i.postimg.cc/fT75YZFW/msu.png

Dawg2003
03-19-2019, 05:56 PM
On paper, Notre Dame should win the NC. They have two bigs that can absolutely dominate. They have a 6'1" forward that can do it all, Jackie Young. They are so hard to defend because they can put up big numbers from all positions. They are very good in transition too. We'll see how it plays out, but, if I had to bet money, I'd pick Notre Dame.

For the men, I picked Duke. That's a really hard one to pick because it's more upset prone. I think we'll make the round of 32.