PDA

View Full Version : Baseball weekend recap from around the country

MetEdDawg
03-18-2019, 07:34 AM
Lot of interesting series as I previewed on Friday for the weekend and they did not disappoint. Here's what happened around the country:

#2 UCLA took 2 of 3 from Oregon State. That probably makes them #1 when the polls come out because....

#1 Vandy lost 2 of 3 to #19 Texas A&M. Aggies were underrated preseason. They are good and will be a tough team to play.

#18 Auburn sweeps #23 Tennessee. I think we all knew Tennessee was overrated but that's still a good series sweep for Auburn

#14 Arkansas sweeps Missouri.

#11 Texas Tech loses 2 out of 3 to #12 Texas this weekend.

#9 Ole Miss beats Alabama 2 out of 3.

#17 East Carolina sweeps Maryland

#7 Louisville sweeps Duke

#13 LSU sweeps Kentucky.

New D1 baseball ranking came out already and they have us at #2 behind UCLA. Great move up by us and a big time statement by us to go on the road and beat a Top 10 team. 8 SEC teams in the Top 15 including 5 teams at 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14. League is always deep but there are no breaks in our schedule folks. Every team in the West is in the Top 18 except for Alabama. Gonna be a tough road but we are built for it.

PKADogs55
03-18-2019, 07:43 AM
Great update Met. I think that Auburn series this weekend is going to be a fight!

StarkVegasSteve
03-18-2019, 08:13 AM
Great update Met. I think that Auburn series this weekend is going to be a fight!

Tanner Burns vs Small Friday night is going to be an absolute duel.

dickiedawg
03-18-2019, 09:34 AM
Absolute shame it's on the same time as the basketball game. Here's hoping the women's game is not at the same time.

MetEdDawg
03-18-2019, 09:42 AM
Absolute shame it's on the same time as the basketball game. Here's hoping the women's game is not at the same time.

I would imagine we could control that since it's at home. Probably going to see us bump it up to 4 if we can get Auburn to agree. Might get some compliance from them if we accommodate their Saturday game time if they win Thursday.

StarkVegasSteve
03-18-2019, 09:54 AM
I would imagine we could control that since it's at home. Probably going to see us bump it up to 4 if we can get Auburn to agree. Might get some compliance from them if we accommodate their Saturday game time if they win Thursday.

I've wondered about that. I thought we might try and work with the NCAA to get the women's games Saturday/Monday similar to last year. That would only make parking a nightmare one day instead of two. And with the Saturday game being at 2 I would imagine they'd try and push the women's game as late as possible to give fans time to go to both.