DawgRockur
03-17-2019, 05:17 PM
Nick was with the team during NCAA selection show

Quaoarsking
03-17-2019, 05:19 PM
Must not be expelled yet

msstate7
03-17-2019, 05:20 PM
Good catch. Sure would be nice if he were reinstated this week. Hell, I'll be thrilled if he's just back next season

Ifyouonlyknew
03-17-2019, 05:21 PM
He's been with the team the entire time minus road trips. He's doing everything but playing in games.

Quaoarsking
03-17-2019, 05:23 PM

If Nick plays this week, everyone who said (and continues to say) his career is over should be banned. Not joking.

mstatefan91
03-17-2019, 05:32 PM
Starting to look like some of you jumped the gun. I am rooting for the kid to be a part of this team and this run

timotheus
03-17-2019, 05:44 PM
I will be stunned, and I hope that I am but I still say that he will never play for MSU again. I am told that there are athletes from other sports involved in this situation as well. As I said, I hope I am proven wrong and I question why it is dragging out so long with no word from the school.

TheRef
03-17-2019, 05:45 PM
https://twitter.com/Nick_Gotti0/status/1107412529637138432

Todd4State
03-17-2019, 05:47 PM
I will be stunned, and I hope that I am but I still say that he will never play for MSU again. I am told that there are athletes from other sports involved in this situation as well. As I said, I hope I am proven wrong and I question why it is dragging out so long with no word from the school.

Let's hypothetically say it's cheating on a test. Most students would be kicked out for a semester and then come back right? Why wouldn't it be the same if the student is an athlete?

I seen it dawg
03-17-2019, 05:47 PM

And just like the first time you were told wrong about other sports...

shannondawg
03-17-2019, 06:15 PM
I'm just confused, why would he still be with the team if he is to be expelled. Just doesn't pass the test of reason.

Its been said he had someone take a test for him at the same time he was the team was playing ball, that would have to be on a Saturday or Sunday. Don't think so.

If its academic why the big secret?

mstatefan91
03-17-2019, 06:19 PM
I'm just confused, why would he still be with the team if he is to be expelled. Just doesn't pass the test of reason.

Seems to me that whatever it is isn’t a done deal yet.

StarkVegasSteve
03-17-2019, 06:19 PM
With Nick we can make the second weekend and we're able to match up with Duke, not great, but we are able to match up. Without Nick, just getting out of the first round will be tough.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 06:21 PM
With Nick we can make the second weekend and we're able to match up with Duke, not great, but we are able to match up. Without Nick, just getting out of the first round will be tough.

VT is very good

Ari Gold
03-17-2019, 06:22 PM
It’s time.. if we are still “reviewing” things it’s time let the kid play .. it’s not an NCAA thing .. it’s an MSU thing
****ing #freeNick and let’s go ..

StarkVegasSteve
03-17-2019, 06:23 PM
VT is very good

They are, but Nick gives you a defensive stopper that you can put on the other team's best player. Without him, you have to switch matchups and it gets a lot tougher

StarkVegasSteve
03-17-2019, 06:23 PM
It’s time.. if we are still “reviewing” things it’s time let the kid play .. it’s not an NCAA thing .. it’s an MSU thing
****ing #freeNick and let’s go ..

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Ari Gold again.

RougeDawg
03-17-2019, 06:25 PM

Bullshit. This involves a tutor who tutors players from multiple sports. The tutor tried to roll up a few other athletes for similar stuff, when she was also expelled. GTFOOH with the ?its not other sports? crap. They are reviewing a bunch of accusations at the moment.

chef dixon
03-17-2019, 06:26 PM

I dont get how our fans can come to this conclusion. The first game is just as tough either way, but our draw for the whole weekend is as good as we could ask for. We have not played worse since he has been out, that is just a fact.

mstatefan91
03-17-2019, 06:29 PM
Bullshit. This involves a tutor who tutors players from multiple sports. The tutor tried to roll up a few other athletes for similar stuff, when she was also expelled. GTFOOH with the ?its not other sports? crap. They are reviewing a bunch of accusations at the moment.

You seem almost giddy about it

AROB44
03-17-2019, 06:32 PM

He is....

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 06:33 PM

Funny how the football coaches don’t know anything about this and everyone is practicing this spring. This is a Nick thing and I’m beginning to think he will be back next year with what I’m hearing from other sources not named RougeDawg.

I seen it dawg
03-17-2019, 06:38 PM

Ok...

Quaoarsking
03-17-2019, 06:42 PM

I mean, you're not the only person who's alluded to this, but it sure looks like it's just a rumor since no other names have leaked and even Nick is not expelled and still practicing and appearing with the team.

The sad part of it is that thanks to overzealous fans who want to appear that they're in "the know," this is now gospel truth that Ole Miss fans will be repeating as fact for decades. If Nick plays again (which would mean he's not guilty of anything too serious) and no one else receives any suspension (which would mean that no other athletes are involved in whatever Nick is involved in), they'll still say "even your own boards knew he and a bunch of other MSU athletes cheated and the university covered it up."

I seen it dawg
03-17-2019, 06:43 PM
I mean, you're not the only person who's alluded to this, but it sure looks like it's just a rumor since no other names have leaked and even Nick is not expelled and still practicing and appearing with the team.

The sad part of it is that thanks to overzealous fans who want to appear that they're in "the know," this is now gospel truth that Ole Miss fans will be repeating as fact for decades. If Nick plays again (which would mean he's not guilty of anything too serious) and no one else receives any suspension (which would mean that no other athletes are involved in whatever Nick is involved in), they'll still say "even your own boards knew he and a bunch of other MSU athletes cheated and the university covered it up."

Don't go at him with logic or restraint...he's way smarter than everyone...just ask him.

Saltydog
03-17-2019, 06:51 PM
VT is very good

Yes, they are good and they beat Duke this year so I'm not really sure why people think our draw is good. PLus, VA Tech gets their starting pg back for the tourney. That's huge for them. He's missed the last 11 games and averages 14 and 5. They're all tough at this point but getting put in with the overall no. 1 seed doesn't excite me, if we can even get that far.

Liberty won't beat easy but I think we're just a better team, especially if we have Nick and his D on the perimeter.

basedog
03-17-2019, 06:52 PM
Suspension isn't the same as expelled. Could be he is allowed to finish this semester, I think we will know after the season.

Look I'm hoping he is back next year and I would be happy, but he ain't playing and that is bad.

timotheus
03-17-2019, 06:53 PM

Oh my, Sorry.

MaroonFlounder
03-17-2019, 09:47 PM
If Nick is NOT done, I wonder if the people that CLAIMED that, are the same people who said Schlossnagle would be our next baseball coach.

Some "insiders" are, in reality, like the guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz.

CadaverDawg
03-17-2019, 11:44 PM
My sources are telling me that pretty much everybody else's sources are shit

Disclaimer: I have no sources, but still feel like I'm right

RiverCityDawg
03-18-2019, 06:21 AM
If Nick is NOT done, I wonder if the people that CLAIMED that, are the same people who said Schlossnagle would be our next baseball coach.

Some "insiders" are, in reality, like the guy behind the curtain in the Wizard of Oz.

Slight highjack, but since you mention it... I wasn't nor did I ever claim to be an insider on the Schlossnagle thing, but to me that is different. It doesn't take and insider or Sherlock Holmes based on the way that happened to figure out that Schloss had agreed in principle to take our job but then the run to Omaha happened and the timing of him having to wait and TCU pushing for an answer, his top assistant maybe going elsewhere, etc made him back out. If Mac swings through that 2 strike offspeed pitch in Tallahassee I'm pretty sure we would have a different coach today.

Dawgbite
03-18-2019, 08:01 AM
He is....

Rouge is the guy on the deck of the Titanic arguing that you will die of hypothermia before you drown and willing to fight about it to prove he is right.

PMDawg
03-18-2019, 09:03 AM

He is soooo desperate to have a source, or be "in the know"

BuckyIsAB****
03-18-2019, 10:18 AM

Its been said he had someone take a test for him at the same time he was the team was playing ball, that would have to be on a Saturday or Sunday. Don't think so.

If its academic why the big secret?

Online class

confucius say
03-18-2019, 12:42 PM
I don't get how anybody can say for certain that he is done. It is obvious he has not been told as much given his and his teammates' tweets yesterday. It also seems clear that the school is reviewing and investigating the allegations. Let's just wait and see how it plays out.

And for those saying players in other sports will be suspended too (homedawg) you may ultimately be right, but pump the brakes. They are only allegations at this point and are being investigated, no?

mstatefan91
03-18-2019, 01:12 PM
I don't get how anybody can say for certain that he is done. It is obvious he has not been told as much given his and his teammates' tweets yesterday. It also seems clear that the school is reviewing and investigating the allegations. Let's just wait and see how it plays out.

And for those saying players in other sports will be suspended too (homedawg) you may ultimately be right, but pump the brakes. They are only allegations at this point and are being investigated, no?

Yeah, not really sure why we've chosen to potentially air dirty laundry for online cred...

basedog
03-18-2019, 01:28 PM
I did say a while back I was told Nick had someone take online test. I asked the two guys that told me IF he was done for next year. They both said it didn't look good.

But reporting any rumor on ED has taught me not say anything. So many nasty folks, even we folks say "it's a message board spit it out", LOL!

BB30
03-18-2019, 02:28 PM

Who ate your cheerios?** If you end up being wrong which at this point is 50/50 and that's being generous, it will be ok. It will also be what is best for our school so I am not sure why you are so adamant on being right.

Is it an ego thing? surely you're not drawing any personal satisfaction or self worth from an internet message board. I generally agree with you on some things but you have been so defensive about your position on this anytime someone questions the validity of the info. Just doesn't make a lot of sense. You would think you would be hoping your not correct and that those stating it isn't true would be correct but what do I know.

Jack Lambert
03-18-2019, 07:28 PM
Rouge is the guy on the deck of the Titanic arguing that you will die of hypothermia before you drown and willing to fight about it to prove he is right.

That is why those fools in the band went down with the ship.

Dolphus Raymond
03-18-2019, 07:45 PM
My OPINION: if the young man's transgression would result in expulsion for a regular student, then he should face the music. If not, let him play. Academic integrity must be strictly enforced for all students.

Todd4State
03-18-2019, 07:47 PM
That is why those fools in the band went down with the ship.

I thought they died because they let the women, children, and rich people go first?

My OPINION: if the young man's transgression would result in expulsion for a regular student, then he should face the music. If not, let him play. Academic integrity must be strictly enforced for all students.

I think he has. But if they let most students come back after a semester then he should also be able to do that as well and be on the team after this semester.

RocketDawg
03-18-2019, 08:57 PM
I thought they died because they let the women, children, and rich people go first?

I think he has. But if they let most students come back after a semester then he should also be able to do that as well and be on the team after this semester.

Absolutely. He should be treated no differently than a student who has never picked up a basketball, or any other ball. He's a student-athlete, not an athlete-student. At least theoretically.

Quaoarsking
03-19-2019, 12:01 PM
Horka is now predicting that Nick plays Friday. I'm dead serious that anyone claiming "inside info" that Nick was done should be banned if that happens.

StarkVegasSteve
03-19-2019, 01:34 PM
Horka is now predicting that Nick plays Friday. I'm dead serious that anyone claiming "inside info" that Nick was done should be banned if that happens.

I'd love to believe that and if it was anyone but Horka I'd say they know something. But that guy seems to have less of a clue than most of us 75% of the time and we're not paid to cover the team. I'm not going to believe anyone other than Howland or the athletic dept. at this point. Just holding out hope it's resolved before we leave for San Jose tomorrow.

msstate7
03-19-2019, 01:41 PM

It'd be huge. I'd start Tyson and bring nick off bench

MarketingBully
03-19-2019, 02:45 PM

I think he plays Friday too. Just going by a gut feeling and reading between the lines.

mstatefan91
03-19-2019, 04:06 PM
Not sure why Horka would have inside info. I'd feel a lot better about it if that was coming from Rosebowl

Hambone
03-19-2019, 04:13 PM
I agree, if he plays, some folks have to shut up for a while.

jwells
03-19-2019, 04:36 PM
If I'm wrong, I will admit it. But Horka mentioned Nick playing in one of his 3 Bold Predictions for the tournament. That's not him reporting he's coming back. Just a guess. And I don't believe he is accurate.

Ari Gold
03-19-2019, 08:03 PM
#freeNick

hopsondawg22
03-19-2019, 08:56 PM
#freegotti

RougeDawg
03-19-2019, 09:44 PM
I?ll post this. What occurred is an expulsion worthy event. Appears that recent revelations suggest said person who committed event may have done so of malicious intent, to harm more athletes than Nick. Almost a sabatoge act. Sort of like a one night stand making fake claims to take someone down. Disgruntled lover is the simplest definition.

There is no doubt the event in question occurred. After discovery of other similar acts, recent revelations have suggested potential motives for malicious intent. Time will tell.

shannondawg
03-19-2019, 09:58 PM
Suspect he might be right.
1. Because I really want to believe him
2. He would be around the people that know and he might have heard or noticed something.

confucius say
03-19-2019, 10:14 PM
I?ll post this. What occurred is an expulsion worthy event. Appears that recent revelations suggest said person who committed event may have done so of malicious intent, to harm more athletes than Nick. Almost a sabatoge act. Sort of like a one night stand making fake claims to take someone down. Disgruntled lover is the simplest definition.

There is no doubt the event in question occurred. After discovery of other similar acts, recent revelations have suggested potential motives for malicious intent. Time will tell.

Like I said earlier, male athletes should not have female tutors

MoreCowbell
03-19-2019, 10:24 PM

He has been gone so long, coming back into rotation in the most important game of the year seems risky IMO but I could be overthinking it

MarketingBully
03-19-2019, 10:25 PM
He has been gone so long, coming back into rotation in the most important game of the year seems risky IMO but I could be overthinking it

He would help immensely off of our bench. Remember he’s been practicing the whole time.

MoreCowbell
03-19-2019, 10:26 PM
He would help immensely off of our bench. Remember he’s been practicing the whole time.

True, forgot he had been practicing with team

MarketingBully
03-19-2019, 10:26 PM

Interesting, seems you are softening on what you were saying earlier. Looks like a possibility he may be back.

mstatefan91
03-19-2019, 10:45 PM

So basically you’re saying that male athletes shouldn’t have female tutors? Is that what you’re saying?

Quaoarsking
03-19-2019, 11:07 PM
Like I said earlier, male athletes should not have female tutors

That sounds like a pretty extreme overreaction to something that's almost never a problem.

Apoplectic
03-20-2019, 07:11 AM
That sounds like a pretty extreme overreaction to something that's almost never a problem.

its human nature .... unless said female is someones granny

confucius say
03-20-2019, 08:47 AM

It being a problem one time is too much. Especially when it can be avoided. Don't create the situation where it can happen and it won't happen.

MedDawg
03-20-2019, 09:06 AM
Interesting, seems you are softening on what you were saying earlier. Looks like a possibility he may be back.

Q was quoted a few days ago something like, "I hope he comes off suspension soon".