PDA

View Full Version : Today is the day we learn for sure, but what are the experts saying?

msstate7
03-17-2019, 08:57 AM
Sporting news says 7-seed http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/march-madness-bracket-2019-final-ncaa-tournament-field-of-68-projections/80fahemoww111bzhwp5taz0f1

Yahoo says 5-seed facing Oregon marched up with Wisconsin.
https://www.bing.com/amp/s/sports.yahoo.com/amphtml/bracket-watch-final-selection-sunday-055532209.html

Please add latest projections if you have them. Both of these are from today

msudawg1200
03-17-2019, 09:31 AM
Go to bracketmatrix.com. They average like 100 or so different brackets. They have us on average as the Top 6 seed. That would put us playing Oregon and then the winner of Texas Tech vs Yale if we won. You can check out all brackets here http://www.bracketmatrix.com

msstate7
03-17-2019, 09:39 AM
Go to bracketmatrix.com. They average like 100 or so different brackets. They have us on average as the Top 6 seed. That would put us playing Oregon and then the winner of Texas Tech vs Yale if we won. You can check out all brackets here http://www.bracketmatrix.com

Operating on the premise this correct, I don't like the draw. 2nd round would be houston, Texas tech, or Florida st (LSU would be elsewhere). I want no part of Texas tech or FSU. I feel a little better facing Houston, but they damn good. 5-seed matched up with Kansas, Kansas st, Purdue, or Wisconsin would be so much better

msudawg1200
03-17-2019, 09:47 AM
Our resume is pretty good. 19 NET ranking, 23 RPI, 11 Stength of Schedule, 17 non-conference SOS, only one bad loss(South Carolina)which wasn’t that bad, 8-7 Q1 record, and 4-3 Q2 record. That should in reality be a 5 seed. The drawbacks are double digit losses(10), and no real big conference upset wins(0-5 vs LSU, UT, and UK). I could very well see the committee giving us a 7 seed which there is no way we should be that low.

chef dixon
03-17-2019, 10:01 AM
I'm not sure why anyone tries to project our seed/matchups to a tee. It is going to be completely random. Enjoy the show and seeing our name pop up.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 10:07 AM
I'm not sure why anyone tries to project our seed/matchups to a tee. It is going to be completely random. Enjoy the show and seeing our name pop up.

If you can nail down what our seed is, it's pretty easy to narrow it down to 4 different teams in the 2nd round (assuming we there). 1-4 seeds seem to be pretty much set for the most part... auburn winning today could move them up

Big4Dawg
03-17-2019, 10:09 AM
Our resume is pretty good. 19 NET ranking, 23 RPI, 11 Stength of Schedule, 17 non-conference SOS, only one bad loss(South Carolina)which wasn’t that bad, 8-7 Q1 record, and 4-3 Q2 record. That should in reality be a 5 seed. The drawbacks are double digit losses(10), and no real big conference upset wins(0-5 vs LSU, UT, and UK). I could very well see the committee giving us a 7 seed which there is no way we should be that low.

It'll be interesting to see how much they factor in the NET. If we are a 5 seed, it's clearly a large factor. If we are a 7, pretty much a non-factor.

confucius say
03-17-2019, 10:35 AM
Operating on the premise this correct, I don't like the draw. 2nd round would be houston, Texas tech, or Florida st (LSU would be elsewhere). I want no part of Texas tech or FSU. I feel a little better facing Houston, but they damn good. 5-seed matched up with Kansas, Kansas st, Purdue, or Wisconsin would be so much better

True, but being a 6 allows you to avoid the 1 seed in sweet 16.

Doesn't TTU struggle to score?

msstate7
03-17-2019, 10:41 AM
True, but being a 6 allows you to avoid the 1 seed in sweet 16.

Doesn't TTU struggle to score?

Yeah, they do at times. They can lock you down on defense though

msstate7
03-17-2019, 10:45 AM
Cincinnati and auburn winning today could help us, right?

I seen it dawg
03-17-2019, 11:02 AM
Dancing after a decade in the dumpster. Just happy to be in it. Get the right spot for us we could play 2nd wkd. Get wrong matchup for us it's one and done. If that happens so be it we finally are back in and will be back next yr.

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 11:33 AM
I’d say we are a 5 seed. No way are we a 7 and I don’t think we are a 6 either. We literally have no bad losses and 8 Quad 1 wins. I doubt there is a single 5 seed or higher that’s even close to that mark.

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 11:34 AM
It'll be interesting to see how much they factor in the NET. If we are a 5 seed, it's clearly a large factor. If we are a 7, pretty much a non-factor.

Being a five will have more to do with our 8 Quad 1 wins and no bad losses then anything else.

CadaverDawg
03-17-2019, 12:10 PM
If we're a 6, I'd rather play Houston than TTU or Michigan. But all 3 are good. I think we probably end up a 6 playing Oregon, and then playing TTU or Houston in round 2 (if we win). If so, that is definitely a draw we COULD advance from. I'm not saying we WILL, but it's definitely not a draw where you say "oh well, no chance we beat _____ in round 2", like if we were a 7 with a Duke matchup in round 2 or something

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 12:16 PM
Experts saying we are a 7 are just looking at our jersey and not our metrics. The lowest we would be is a 6 and the highest we will be is a 5. Those 8 Quad 1 wins (which they base a lot of their decision on) should separate us at the end of the day. If there is justice in the world, we’d be a 5 but more then likely we will be a 6.

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 12:38 PM
Having Oregon as a 12 seed would be criminal. They just destroyed Washington to win the PAC12 tourney.

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 12:45 PM
Auburn destroying Tennessee right now. And what’s bad is we have a better inside game then Auburn does. Auburn has active hands on defense and getting in the passing lanes like we should have done all year (and did do for small periods of time). We should have definetely been better then 23-10 this year. Missed opportunity in the regular season imo. Of course we can make it up in the post season but we shall see.

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 12:52 PM
Tennessee is tired. They've played 3 games in 40 hours.

parabrave
03-17-2019, 12:59 PM

And there is the mental letdown after beating KY yesterday.

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 01:01 PM

This is Auburn’s fourth game in 4 days. Nice try though.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:03 PM
Since when do we tote water for tenn? Both teams are tired. Auburn has won 7 straight, and 1 of those 7 wins was vs tenn. Pearl has auburn hitting on all cylinders going into the tourney

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:04 PM
This is Auburn’s fourth game in 4 days. Nice try though.

For real. State fans making excuses for tenn is weird

Saltydog
03-17-2019, 01:05 PM
Auburn destroying Tennessee right now. And what?s bad is we have a better inside game then Auburn does. Auburn has active hands on defense and getting in the passing lanes like we should have done all year (and did do for small periods of time). We should have definetely been better then 23-10 this year. Missed opportunity in the regular season imo. Of course we can make it up in the post season but we shall see.

Yep, completely agree. Yes, we had a tough SEC schedule this year but given what we had returning, well, it kinda reminds me of our football season.

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 01:08 PM
This is Auburn?s fourth game in 4 days. Nice try though.

Tennessee played the 9pm last game on Friday, then the 3 o'clock game on Saturday and now the 1 o'clock game on Sunday. You do the math now on the Friday thru Sunday games for Auburn. I'd much rather play 4 games in 4 days with more rest in between them than 3 games in 3 days with less rest in between them.

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 01:09 PM
Since when do we tote water for tenn? Both teams are tired. Auburn has won 7 straight, and 1 of those 7 wins was vs tenn. Pearl has auburn hitting on all cylinders going into the tourney

I'm not toting the water for Tennessee. Marketing wants to use Tennessee playing poorly and Auburn being hot as an excuse to dump on our team. That's where I chime in.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:14 PM
Auburn is becoming a damn good team. They might make a serious run

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:15 PM
Again, schofield is a thug. Hate that POS

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:22 PM
Pour. It. On!!!! Nothing I like more than tenn getting 12" broke off in their crybaby arses

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:25 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Sx938d9Z/35-E33-F10-2-AFE-4-D5-F-A775-0-FF90-C91-B6-DF.gif (https://postimages.org/)

bluelightstar
03-17-2019, 01:25 PM
Again, schofield is a thug. Hate that POS

why's Schofield a thug

CadaverDawg
03-17-2019, 01:27 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/Sx938d9Z/35-E33-F10-2-AFE-4-D5-F-A775-0-FF90-C91-B6-DF.gif (https://postimages.org/)

Haha

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:29 PM
why's Schofield a thug

Just watch him. He's a punk that's painted as a choir boy. I realize my hate for schofield and Williams is irrational

Saltydog
03-17-2019, 01:30 PM

AWESOME.....

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 01:36 PM
Just watch him. He's a punk that's painted as a choir boy. I realize my hate for schofield and Williams is irrational

Williams is the one I want to leave UT the most. He's a bully on the court and borderlines on being a dirty player plus he's a flopper. Schofield is more animated no doubt though.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:37 PM
Only thing more certain than the sun coming up every day is grant Williams crying over every foul

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:39 PM
Williams is the one I want to leave UT the most. He's a bully on the court and borderlines on being a dirty player plus he's a flopper. Schofield is more animated no doubt though.

I definetely want him gone. I can't stand the dude, but I certainly recognize he's one hell of a college player. He has no shot in the nba though

CadaverDawg
03-17-2019, 01:39 PM

Couldn't agree more

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 01:42 PM

No worries Seven. After this year, TN is going to return to the land of the irrelevant. They will lose their entire front court and what made them good. I expect a year like South Carolina had after their Final Four run for TN next year.

LC Dawg
03-17-2019, 01:43 PM
During our game I didn't want to see Tennessee win another game but I'd rather them win than that sleazeball Bruce Pearl.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:43 PM
Harper has zero points and they're dismantling tenn. Auburn is an unbelievably dangerous team. They're the type of team with their 3-pt shooting that can bounce a duke, unc, Virginia type team. Auburn can also get beat by Montana or someone if the 3s aren't falling

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2019, 01:48 PM
Pour. It. On!!!! Nothing I like more than tenn getting 12" broke off in their crybaby arses

Im not toting water for UT I just dont think we have any room to talk about them in basketball considering we havent beaten them or came close in a long time. I dont think theyre thugs I think they are just tougher than us. No offense

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Harper has zero points and they're dismantling tenn. Auburn is an unbelievably dangerous team. They're the type of team with their 3-pt shooting that can bounce a duke, unc, Virginia type team. Auburn can also get beat by Montana or someone if the 3s aren't falling

We could do the same and the biggest difference between us and Auburn is we have a very good inside game. Had we played as crisp as we did against A&M on Thursday against Tennessee we’d of beaten them. We played okay against Tennessee but we didn’t have the same effort defensively that Auburn had nor the fight on the inside they have. There’s no excuse with our length we had on defense that Tennessee should have had as easy a time as they had getting it inside nor should they have had as easy a time getting offensive boards. We should have been able to turn them over quite a bit and exposed them like Auburn has.

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 01:51 PM
Auburn is good but they'll get put out by someone like Mich State, Florida State, Duke. Last year they got absolutely smoked by Clemson to be eliminated.

KOdawg1
03-17-2019, 01:52 PM
Auburn just exposed how to beat Tennessee. Stay in their face and never let up. Press, press, and press some more.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:53 PM
We could do the same and the biggest difference between us and Auburn is we have a very good inside game. Had we played as crisp as we did against A&M on Thursday against Tennessee we’d of beaten them. We played okay against Tennessee but we didn’t have the same effort defensively that Auburn had nor the fight on the inside they have. There’s no excuse with our length we had on defense that Tennessee should have had as easy a time as they had getting it inside nor should they have had as easy a time getting offensive boards. We should have been able to turn them over quite a bit and exposed them like Auburn has.

The difference in us and auburn is auburn has beaten top teams. We haven't yet

KOdawg1
03-17-2019, 01:54 PM

They can shoot 3s better though.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 01:56 PM
Im not toting water for UT I just dont think we have any room to talk about them in basketball considering we havent beaten them or came close in a long time. I dont think theyre thugs I think they are just tougher than us. No offense

Me, nor you should be trusted on a tenn evaluation. I hate them... absolutely detest them, and it clouds my judgement. You are the complete opposite... you and dickie V get in fist fights to be first in line to kiss Williams and schofield's butts. No offense

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 01:59 PM
They can shoot 3s better though.

You sure about that hoss? We lead the league in 3 point field goal percentage.

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 02:00 PM

Auburn has beaten Tennessee twice but other then that no one else.

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 02:03 PM

Auburn has to make 13 3s at home to beat us by 5. We made 10 that game. If we had a couple more go in we win that game. We dominated them on the inside and out rebounded them by 20 at their place. Had we won that game, we would have had the easy route to the SEC final and skipped the UT/UK side. It’s amazing what a difference a couple of shots here and there made.

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 02:04 PM

Auburn probably shot twice as many 3's as us though

KOdawg1
03-17-2019, 02:04 PM

They made 100 more than us. I'd rather make 100 more 3s instead of lead the % by .2%

msstate7
03-17-2019, 02:07 PM
They made 100 more than us. I'd rather make 100 more 3s instead of lead the % by .2%

Maybe we should go all auburn in the tourney. Spread teams out and look to let it fly from downtown. Auburn won't even take layups in transition... they looking for a 3

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 02:08 PM
I'm not toting the water for Tennessee. Marketing wants to use Tennessee playing poorly and Auburn being hot as an excuse to dump on our team. That's where I chime in.

I?m not dogging on our team but we did under perform this season from where our talent profile was. Of course Howland has a chance to rectify it by winning two in the big dance and if we get the right matchups he should do it.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 02:11 PM
Auburn win helps us. We beat them. Go cincinatti now

MarketingBully

Because for most of the year they had no inside presence. I’d rather have a balanced offense then live and die by the three.

MarketingBully

I think we are a five and that will set us up nicely for a Sweet 16 run.

KOdawg1
03-17-2019, 02:12 PM
Because for most of the year they had no inside presence. I’d rather have a balanced offense then live and die by the three.

I'd rather win the SEC tournament championship tbh. Idc how balanced it is.

MarketingBully
03-17-2019, 02:14 PM
I'd rather win the SEC tournament championship tbh. Idc how balanced it is.

We got two days off to rest. With our 7 man rotation we needed it. I’d rather make the Sweet 16 then win the SEC tournament.

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 02:16 PM
I?m not dogging on our team but we did under perform this season from where our talent profile was. Of course Howland has a chance to rectify it by winning two in the big dance and if we get the right matchups he should do it.

We finished 6th in the SEC and are about to be a 6 seed in the NCAA tourney. That isn't underperforming. Pearl has a one year head start on Howland and Auburn's program wasn't as much as a dumpster fire as ours when Pearl took over. Plus they just got a new arena that their fans actually go to. Auburn won the SEC last year too. Your "expectations" of us this year are bent.

KOdawg1
03-17-2019, 02:16 PM
We got two days off to rest. With our 7 man rotation we needed it. I’d rather make the Sweet 16 then win the SEC tournament.

I'd rather win a NC than make the sweet 16**

Dawg61
03-17-2019, 02:27 PM

Houston/Cinci game isn't gonna have any influence on us this late right before the brackets come out

confucius say
03-17-2019, 02:33 PM
Maybe we should go all auburn in the tourney. Spread teams out and look to let it fly from downtown. Auburn won't even take layups in transition... they looking for a 3

I don't think that is sustainable over the entire tourney and why I think aub gets bounced first weekend unless Wiley gets going inside. They are the most 3 point dependent team in the league.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 02:33 PM
Houston/Cinci game isn't gonna have any influence on us this late right before the brackets come out

Maybe not, but certainly isn't gonna hurt

msstate7
03-17-2019, 02:36 PM
I don't think that is sustainable over the entire tourney and why I think aub gets bounced first weekend unless Wiley gets going inside. They are the most 3 point dependent team in the league.

It's certainly dangerous to depend on 3s that much, but they've now won 8 straight with 2 of those over tenn and 4 of the 8 vs tourney teams (us, Florida, tenn x2)

BuckyIsAB****
03-17-2019, 02:38 PM
Me, nor you should be trusted on a tenn evaluation. I hate them... absolutely detest them, and it clouds my judgement. You are the complete opposite... you and dickie V get in fist fights to be first in line to kiss Williams and schofield's butts. No offense

I dont watch any UT basketball other than when we played them and they absolutely kicked our ass and out toughed us. That is fact whether you like it or not

msstate7
03-17-2019, 02:42 PM
I dont watch any UT basketball other than when we played them and they absolutely kicked our ass and out toughed us. That is fact whether you like it or not

I never said it wasn't. I've watched 15-20 Tennessee games this year, along with countless other teams around the country. I formed my opinion of tenn over a much bigger sample than your 2 games

smootness
03-17-2019, 03:30 PM
Having Oregon as a 12 seed would be criminal. They just destroyed Washington to win the PAC12 tourney.

The P12 is hot garbage.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 04:08 PM
If cinci holds on, could auburn take Houston's 3-seed?

msudawg1200
03-17-2019, 04:22 PM
If cinci holds on, could auburn take Houston's 3-seed?

Nah, I think Houston is locked in regardless. In fact, I’d imagine the seedlings are done.

msstate7
03-17-2019, 04:36 PM
Nah, I think Houston is locked in regardless. In fact, I’d imagine the seedlings are done.

I didn't realize Houston's NET was 4th. Wow

CadaverDawg
03-17-2019, 04:39 PM

Agree. I think we'll be playing Houston in the 2nd round