PDA

View Full Version : Josh Hatcher ladies and gentlemen

preachermatt83
03-16-2019, 07:54 PM
He had himself quite a last few days.

Saltydog
03-16-2019, 07:58 PM
He did what most of us thought he could do, which is hit. Not sure about the OF though. We'll see. I know this, Cumbest isn't the answer, at least not offensively. He'll struggle against SEC pitching as we saw today but that's just part of the process. If Hatcher is going to be in the lineup, put him at first and put Allen in LF. Apparently TA isn't bad out there.

BeardoMSU
03-16-2019, 08:06 PM
He sure did.

MetEdDawg
03-16-2019, 08:16 PM
He will at least DH moving forward. He showed spots last year. Looks like he's putting it together.

Question now is what will we do with Rowdey?

moss818
03-16-2019, 08:38 PM
He will at least DH moving forward. He showed spots last year. Looks like he's putting it together.

Question now is what will we do with Rowdey?

Rowdy has to get his mind right. I know he is capable. He hit what .326 with 7 HR's last year?

MetEdDawg
03-16-2019, 09:04 PM
Rowdy has to get his mind right. I know he is capable. He hit what .326 with 7 HR's last year?

He's super capable. Hell he was the two hole hitter. But I'm a little shocked his swing is as bad as it is when you look at it compared to everyone else that's playing every day. Everyone looks improved except him.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2019, 11:06 PM
I saw josh play at perfect game several times and he had a beautiful level line drive swing. The worst thing that could've happened to josh last year was hitting those hrs early in the season. He's a line drive gap to gap and he totally changed his approach after those early hrs. Decided to become a hr hitter and his swing got elongated and he started striking out. He's back to his normal line drive approach and it's really working.

The Federalist Engineer
03-17-2019, 12:59 AM
I saw josh play at perfect game several times and he had a beautiful level line drive swing. The worst thing that could've happened to josh last year was hitting those hrs early in the season. He's a line drive gap to gap and he totally changed his approach after those early hrs. Decided to become a hr hitter and his swing got elongated and he started striking out. He's back to his normal line drive approach and it's really working.

He was hitting 550 after 3 games in 2018 and we were thinking Rooker 2.0

Then he stopped hitting, started platooning, Allen emerged, and Hatcher stopped getting ABs

He seems to skinny to be a power hitter, he's 6-2 but probably weighs less than 170

Commercecomet24
03-17-2019, 01:01 AM
He was hitting 550 after 3 games in 2018 and we were thinking Rooker 2.0

Then he stopped hitting, started platooning, Allen emerged, and Hatcher stopped getting ABs

He seems to skinny to be a power hitter, he's 6-2 but probably weighs less than 170

Yeah he's a line drive gap to gap hitter not a hr guy.

Todd4State
03-17-2019, 01:18 AM

The lesson here is as a hitter be who you are.

Or take steroids.**

Commercecomet24
03-17-2019, 12:32 PM
The lesson here is as a hitter be who you are.

Or take steroids.**

Lol dead on!

Lord McBuckethead
03-17-2019, 05:23 PM
Mangum is who he is, and may set the all time hit record. Not too shabby.

Tbonewannabe
03-18-2019, 09:16 AM
Mangum is who he is, and may set the all time hit record. Not too shabby.

A couple of years ago when we played at UGA, we went to the game and got there early for batting practice. Mangum put out as many as Rooker did. I was very surprised at how many he put into Right Field and it wasn't because UGA had a short porch. Mangum could probably hit more HRs if he was more selective. I guess when you can hit doubles if he pitch is above your shoe tops and below your eyes then everything looks like a good pitch to hit.

smootness
03-18-2019, 10:03 AM
A couple of years ago when we played at UGA, we went to the game and got there early for batting practice. Mangum put out as many as Rooker did. I was very surprised at how many he put into Right Field and it wasn't because UGA had a short porch. Mangum could probably hit more HRs if he was more selective. I guess when you can hit doubles if he pitch is above your shoe tops and below your eyes then everything looks like a good pitch to hit.

First, Rooker has way more power than Mangum.

Second, it has more to do with Mangum playing within himself and being the best type of hitter he can be than not being selective enough. Ichiro is a guy who could hit plenty out in BP, but in games he was a line drive hitter.

Tbonewannabe
03-18-2019, 11:29 AM
First, Rooker has way more power than Mangum.

Second, it has more to do with Mangum playing within himself and being the best type of hitter he can be than not being selective enough. Ichiro is a guy who could hit plenty out in BP, but in games he was a line drive hitter.

That is a given, I was just referring to a batting practice where Mangum hit out 3 or 4 in a row. I think the Ichiro comparison is probably pretty accurate. I never saw it but apparently Ichiro put on some legendary BPs. Most people think he could have hit 40-50 HRs a year if he sacrificed his average. That is something that Raffy actually did in his career. I read an article about how hit hit around .315 or when he first came up but his HR numbers were down. He started hitting more HRs and his average dropped to around .280.

StarkVegasSteve
03-18-2019, 11:51 AM
That is a given, I was just referring to a batting practice where Mangum hit out 3 or 4 in a row. I think the Ichiro comparison is probably pretty accurate. I never saw it but apparently Ichiro put on some legendary BPs. Most people think he could have hit 40-50 HRs a year if he sacrificed his average. That is something that Raffy actually did in his career. I read an article about how hit hit around .315 or when he first came up but his HR numbers were down. He started hitting more HRs and his average dropped to around .280.

Actually got to watch him take BP early in his MLB career in Atlanta and it was absolutely amazing. He was hitting bombs to all fields, but once the game started you could tell his approach changed dramatically.