PDA

View Full Version : JT GINN!!!! LION!!!!

TStationDawg
03-16-2019, 04:44 PM

Commercecomet24
03-16-2019, 05:32 PM
The bigger the game the better he'll pitch. He thrives in these situations.

CadaverDawg
03-16-2019, 05:33 PM
I love his confidence and swagger. Beast

shoeless joe
03-16-2019, 07:31 PM
The dude can flat pitch. The scouting report I received on him last may was spot on...despite what some on here had to say...except for the sink on his fastball. So far that has been THE key to his success

MaroonFlounder
03-16-2019, 08:44 PM
Everyone says if he developes offspeed pitch he's mlb starter every team wants.

Todd4State
03-16-2019, 09:55 PM
He's a special player. He's a key reason why we are an Omaha type team because with him and Small it's hard for people like Florida to match up with that. Much less other teams. If he can get his bat going he may be the best dual position guy in MSU history.

MarketingBully
03-16-2019, 10:15 PM
He's a special player. He's a key reason why we are an Omaha type team because with him and Small it's hard for people like Florida to match up with that. Much less other teams. If he can get his bat going he may be the best dual position guy in MSU history.

His two pitch combo is MLB. He made Florida look silly today. If he can develop just an average changeup he will be the overall top pick in the draft next year.

Todd4State
03-16-2019, 10:17 PM
His two pitch combo is MLB. He made Florida look silly today. If he can develop just an average changeup he will be the overall top pick in the draft next year.

And I'm sure he is already working on that. I'm looking forward to seeing how dominant he becomes next year.

MarketingBully
03-16-2019, 10:19 PM
The bigger the game the better he'll pitch. He thrives in these situations.

He could quadruple the signing bonus he was offered if he keeps playing at the level he’s playing.

Commercecomet24
03-16-2019, 10:26 PM
He could quadruple the signing bonus he was offered if he keeps playing at the level he’s playing.

Yeah I talked to mike today and told him that he exact same thing!

Todd4State
03-16-2019, 10:33 PM

That would be so huge for MSU baseball. Then we would have a reference point showing recruits what could happen if they come here to play. That's part of how Vanderbilt and Florida started getting high end guys through the draft.

MarketingBully
03-16-2019, 10:43 PM
That would be so huge for MSU baseball. Then we would have a reference point showing recruits what could happen if they come here to play. That's part of how Vanderbilt and Florida started getting high end guys through the draft.

He got 21 swings and misses today against a team that scored 20 against Florida State. He held Texas Tech to 2 runs. As long as he keeps working hard, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be the top overall pick.

Todd4State
03-16-2019, 10:54 PM
He got 21 swings and misses today against a team that scored 20 against Florida State. He held Texas Tech to 2 runs. As long as he keeps working hard, I don’t see why he wouldn’t be the top overall pick.

Potentially. It's really too soon to know. We'll have to see who all emerges between now and next year.

shoeless joe
03-17-2019, 05:46 AM

He threw one big time change to get the strike out in one of the middle innings. Can’t remember the exact situation but I remember thinking why was that the only time he pulled that pitch out.

ShotgunDawg
03-17-2019, 10:48 AM

He was offered 2.5 mil. If he quadrupled his bonus, that would be 10 mil. He's not getting that. He likely comes out of MSU with a 3 - 4 mil bonus. Meaning he likely gains 1-1.5 mil

ShotgunDawg
03-17-2019, 10:50 AM
He got 21 swings and misses today against a team that scored 20 against Florida State. He held Texas Tech to 2 runs. As long as he keeps working hard, I don?t see why he wouldn?t be the top overall pick.

The fact that he's a pitcher rather than a position player, right handed, not 6'3", had a hook in his arm action, and is a sinker/slider profile guy(traditionally these guys have less ceiling) likely keeps him out of the top 5 picks next year. I expect him to go between 6-12 overall.