PDA

View Full Version : Question for the board regarding high school coaches in MS

DogBanker
10-21-2013, 09:44 AM
Was talking with my dad yesterday about some local schools in the Metro area, Northwest and Clinton specifically. We started talking about Clinton possibly coming open this year and hopefully Northwest. When I suggested Northwest look out of state to find a coach he looked at me crazy saying there were plenty of coaches in MS that could do a good job. When we started naming them off our top 10 currently was Peterson, Hall, Barr, Weems, Chambliss, Mitchell, Miller, Ricky Black, Sykes, Pogue, Boyles, and Samsel. But after those we couldn't name anymore.

My question is, do you think the lack of good coaching as compared to in AL and LA is hurting MS Is hurting the development of the players here? Might be why you see Mullen have to redshirt so much due to the lack of development in high school.

TheRef
10-21-2013, 09:46 AM
There are good coaches around the state. The thing is, they are at smaller schools that don't get near the attention that the bigger schools get.

DogBanker
10-21-2013, 09:57 AM
Who though? And if they are good I'm sure they'd be known in this state.

CJDAWG85
10-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Coach at Bassfield... Little 2A school

WeWonItAll(Most)
10-21-2013, 10:02 AM
Northwest isn't going to fire Hurt. Its a damn shame what he's done to the football program there. Especially considering NWR had just about every coach in the state except Bobby Hall beating the door down for the job.

DogBanker
10-21-2013, 10:31 AM
We all thought we had Boyles. In fact I was told it was Boyles the night they were to announce and the next thing I knew the no name Hurt was it. We were all shocked