Lord McBuckethead
03-15-2019, 12:19 PM
What a shit hole city.
Go for the sweep dawgs.

Cowbell
03-15-2019, 12:36 PM
What a shit hole city.
Go for the sweep dawgs.

This is a fact. And some bad drivers to boot.

Political Hack
03-15-2019, 12:36 PM
Cool campus. Not so much on the town.

Todd4State
03-15-2019, 12:46 PM
Yeah but they have a mall.**

Dawg2003
03-15-2019, 12:50 PM
The campus is nice, but the city is okay. I've spent a lot of time there due to family. If you think Gainesville is a shit hole, I'd hate to know what you think of Starkville. If you get a chance, go to the Devil's Milhopper. It's a huge sink hole that has been preserved from prehistoric times that you can walk down into. Also, Payne's Prairie is worth it if you want to see alligators and bison. Pretty cool place. There's some nice museums there too. The natural science museum has a wooly mammoth skeleton.

ScoobaDawg
03-15-2019, 12:57 PM
Never heard of Devils milhoper. Interesting. Too bad sounds like you can't access it still.. Because of damage from hurricane Irma in 2017.

Dawg2003
03-15-2019, 01:44 PM
Never heard of Devils milhoper. Interesting. Too bad sounds like you can't access it still.. Because of damage from hurricane Irma in 2017.

Well dang. I haven't been in a few trees, but I love that place. It's very peaceful.

iPat09
03-15-2019, 01:51 PM
The campus is nice, but the city is okay. I've spent a lot of time there due to family. If you think Gainesville is a shit hole, I'd hate to know what you think of Starkville. If you get a chance, go to the Devil's Milhopper. It's a huge sink hole that has been preserved from prehistoric times that you can walk down into. Also, Payne's Prairie is worth it if you want to see alligators and bison. Pretty cool place. There's some nice museums there too. The natural science museum has a wooly mammoth skeleton.

Probably the same people who also think Tuscaloosa is no better than Starkville.

Cooterpoot
03-15-2019, 01:57 PM
Gainesville is a crowded small city. Nothing special at all. Certainly not a great college town.

Apoplectic
03-15-2019, 03:00 PM
i took a dump there once on my way to orlando- meh nothing special especially for a college town

Lord McBuckethead
03-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Gainesville is a crowded small city. Nothing special at all. Certainly not a great college town.

Bingo. Exactly what I meant. Gainseville is like Olive Branch with a university. Starkville, Tuscaloosa, and Oxford are college towns. They have a flavor. Gainesville is like shopping at Belk.

Dawg2003
03-15-2019, 03:55 PM

Gainesville is a good place, but it's not really a college town. The thing with UF is it's so big that it doesn't have that college feel. I would live in Gainesville though. It's a good sized town. They also have a neat butterfly garden at the science museum.

shannondawg
03-15-2019, 04:22 PM
Devils Milhopper a sink hole bordering another sink hole called Gainesville.

Cowbell
03-15-2019, 04:24 PM
Gainesville is a good place, but it's not really a college town. The thing with UF is it's so big that it doesn't have that college feel. I would live in Gainesville though. It's a good sized town. They also have a neat butterfly garden at the science museum.

Are you intentionally opening the door??

AROB44
03-15-2019, 04:41 PM
Devils Milhopper a sink hole bordering another sink hole called Gainesville.

Thanks for adding reputation to this user. May you be lucky enough to receive the same Reputation back in turn.

SailingDawg
03-15-2019, 09:00 PM
Bingo. Exactly what I meant. Gainseville is like Olive Branch with a university. Starkville, Tuscaloosa, and Oxford are college towns. They have a flavor. Gainesville is like shopping at Belk.

HEY! I like Belk!

Coursesuper
03-15-2019, 09:07 PM
Gainesville is the Natural Light of the SEC, it will get you there but has no substance.

Lord McBuckethead
03-15-2019, 10:46 PM
Are you intentionally opening the door??

Door to the closet? Also don't mention an open door to a butterfly exhibit

Barkman Turner Overdrive
03-15-2019, 11:46 PM
What a shit hole city.
Go for the sweep dawgs.

I have been around almost all of Flarda (as Rep Corrine Brown calls it). Please believe, as a Mississippian, I?m not trying to make this a Mississippi vs Flarda thing. But I would crawl for a job just to live in Tampa/St Pete. I would love to live and work in Pensacola. Key West is right behind those two cities. Tallahassee would be lots of fun for a while. Jacksonville has a lot of opportunities and I could see being there. Orlando is touristy but I could live there. But Gainesville barely beats out Live Oak and Micanopy for inhabitably for me.

Jack Lambert
03-16-2019, 12:26 AM
Cool campus. Not so much on the town.

Yeah 40K scooters and two feet of space between buildings. Other then the leg the campus is not that nice. I have been there many times.

Maroonthirteen
03-16-2019, 05:25 AM
Yeah 40K scooters and two feet of space between buildings. Other then the leg the campus is not that nice. I have been there many times.

Yeah I?ve been to the UF campus a few times. Much like BHG Stadium, it seems the campus was designed by Mike Brady and they have just built around that 70s design for 50 years. It?s ok but I?m not impressed either.

Leeshouldveflanked
03-16-2019, 06:53 AM
Of all the places that I have wanted to go see a ballgame, Gainesville never made the list.

99jc
03-16-2019, 09:12 AM
I have been around almost all of Flarda (as Rep Corrine Brown calls it). Please believe, as a Mississippian, I?m not trying to make this a Mississippi vs Flarda thing. But I would crawl for a job just to live in Tampa/St Pete. I would love to live and work in Pensacola. Key West is right behind those two cities. Tallahassee would be lots of fun for a while. Jacksonville has a lot of opportunities and I could see being there. Orlando is touristy but I could live there. But Gainesville barely beats out Live Oak and Micanopy for inhabitably for me.

married my 2nd wife in Gainesville....., she was from High Springs. I sorta liked that area.

Lord McBuckethead
03-16-2019, 09:31 PM
The women in Gainesville are top knotch. The campus and surrounding area are kind of a let down. Given the money and tradition I would assume much better. Like I said before, the town is basically Olive Branch. There are plenty better places in FL.