PDA

View Full Version : Wow. Javonte Smart cleared to play.

DancingRabbit
03-15-2019, 10:09 AM
Is Will Wade gonna run out that tunnel?

99jc
03-15-2019, 10:11 AM
what a joke the NCAA is.

mstatefan91
03-15-2019, 10:12 AM
I'm all for not punishing the kid for the actions of adults. Will Wade hasn't taken his medicine yet

But something tells me that this isn't the type of ruling MSU would get in a case like this.

MetEdDawg
03-15-2019, 10:14 AM
I just want to know why this decision came down so quickly. I get it that there's postseason basketball at stake, but damn they sure have drug their feet on plenty of other things related to us and other programs.

Anyone that says there isn't favoritism played by the NCAA is kidding themselves.

msstate7
03-15-2019, 10:16 AM
Cleared by LSU or ncaa?

mstatefan91
03-15-2019, 10:18 AM
Cleared by LSU or ncaa?

Ahh good catch. Looks like LSU is the one clearing him to play but they did spend all week with the NCAA so...

DancingRabbit
03-15-2019, 10:18 AM
Last time a player was cleared this fast, a church got a new roof.

And the SEC got a natty.

Coursesuper
03-15-2019, 10:19 AM
Cleared by LSU or ncaa?

The way I'm reading that is LSU has cleared him, I guess if your going to have to pay the price you might as well enjoy the ride.

gtowndawg
03-15-2019, 10:25 AM
Not trying to pile on to Bracky, but that's the difference in the LSU's of the world and us.

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2019, 10:26 AM

And the SEC got a natty.

Exactly what I was thinking. Cam's dad was even supposedly banned due to it but there he was on field after the game.

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2019, 10:27 AM
Not trying to pile on to Bracky, but that's the difference in the LSU's of the world and us.

The rest of the schools live in the gray area. Bracky would have suspended him a minimum of 1 1/2 years.

Jack Lambert
03-15-2019, 10:35 AM
LSU mad a decision. If he doesn't play they will not win it all. If he does play they have a better chance however the NCAA could come back and take it away which they would not have had any ways. I am sure the school is giving in to rich boosters and school supporters.

They have nothing to lost by playing him. They are already in trouble or not so it doesn't matter at this point.

BiscuitEater
03-15-2019, 10:39 AM
I'm all for not punishing the kid for the actions of adults.

You think Smart 'ANY OTHER' star basketball player doesn't know that his family .. say for example .. is driving a couple of new escalades?

mstatefan91
03-15-2019, 10:41 AM
You think Smart 'ANY OTHER' star basketball player doesn't know that his family .. say for example .. is driving a couple of new escalades?

That's not what I said.

BiscuitEater
03-15-2019, 10:42 AM

And the SEC got a natty.

BUT, FBI didn't have recorded conversations.

Commercecomet24
03-15-2019, 10:43 AM
Cleared by LSU or ncaa?

That's a great question. Big difference between being cleared by the school and being cleared by ncaa.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-15-2019, 10:59 AM
LSU cleared him to play. The family & their legal representation was putting pressure on LSU administration to clear him. These games will be vacated later but hey may as well make as many memories as possible until then.

mstatefan91
03-15-2019, 11:01 AM
LSU cleared him to play. The family & their legal representation was putting pressure on LSU administration to clear him. These games will be vacated later but hey may as well make as many memories as possible until then.

Then get Will Wade on out there. The hell are they waiting for???

CadaverDawg
03-15-2019, 11:02 AM
Like others have said...the difference between us and the LSU's is that they act quickly and know the NCAA is toothless. We would have 100% suspended him for the rest of this year, and likely would have kicked him off the team for good just to try to show the NCAA that we're "handling it properly". The end result would be that we don't win now OR later, and get as bad or worse NCAA penalties in addition to our own self inflicted penalties.
Who cares about vacated wins? That's not a penalty. Give me a natty in hoops this year and I don't care if they vacate it and the last 10 years of victories. That would be a great trade

bulldawg28
03-15-2019, 11:03 AM

You have to put up a good front.

MarketingBully
03-15-2019, 11:59 AM

Should have just declared him ineligible and sought reinstatement from the NCAA. Then the school could say it’s out of their hands which it would be. This puts all liability on the school which is dumb. Aleva is gone either way but if he had done this stuff the right way at least he could sleep at night.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-15-2019, 11:59 AM

Will Wade haven't even met with LSU administration. He's not coming back.

ZedFedder
03-15-2019, 12:03 PM
NCAA probably taking the Cam Newton route.

basedog
03-15-2019, 12:10 PM
I imagine Will Wade will enjoy retirement at a early age****

Wonder what his contract reads?

Political Hack
03-15-2019, 12:39 PM

He's got to get reps in for the NBA evaluators because he might be done before next season. This is giving me flashbacks to Mr. Gas Mask.

DancingRabbit
03-15-2019, 12:54 PM
Wondering if Sankey should step in and make the call on this.

Whoever gets matched up against LSU in the NCAA tourney will have a legit complaint.

Tbonewannabe
03-15-2019, 12:55 PM
Will Wade REFUSES to meet with LSU administration. He's not coming back.

Fify

He wants his job but isn't willing to tell his bosses that he is innocent.

MarketingBully
03-15-2019, 02:54 PM
Fify

He wants his job but isn't willing to tell his bosses that he is innocent.

He’s not innocent and LSU played an ineligible player today.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-15-2019, 03:19 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RemotePleasantBluebird-size_restricted.gif

confucius say
03-15-2019, 04:04 PM
Stupid move by LSU imo. No way you risk harsher punishment by letting him play. The punishment will be more than vacated wins, it's just a matter of how severe. Playing this kid, who makes you marginally better, is not worth risk

RocketDawg
03-15-2019, 04:10 PM
I'm all for not punishing the kid for the actions of adults. Will Wade hasn't taken his medicine yet

But something tells me that this isn't the type of ruling MSU would get in a case like this.

It depends on whether he took money or not.

RocketDawg
03-15-2019, 04:14 PM
BUT, FBI didn't have recorded conversations.

Was what the Newtons did actually illegal? Against NCAA rules for sure, but criminal, I don't think so. The reason the FBI is on the basketball issue is because it's illegal (and they want to deflect attention from Strozk and Page **).

TUSK
03-15-2019, 05:32 PM
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RemotePleasantBluebird-size_restricted.gif

Auburn shoulda got hammered for that soundbite/video, alone... what an entitled, pompous jackass....

Ari Gold
03-15-2019, 05:43 PM
Karma is a mother ****er...