PDA

View Full Version : Weekend baseball preview

MetEdDawg
03-15-2019, 10:02 AM
Ok guys. Know we have a big basketball game tonight, but wanted to do a little weekend preview so that everyone has an idea of what series are going on and have opportunities to see ahead of time what important baseball series we should be watching. I'll do a score update later tonight, but now is the time when we get a lot of big baseball starting up. So here's your weekend preview:

SEC series to watch:

1) #23 Tennessee @ #18 Auburn - This is going to be a great preview to see if Tennessee stacks up. Auburn can pitch it, especially on Friday with Tanner Burns. We see both teams in the first half of the SEC season, so this will be a series to watch.

2) #8 UGA @ #22 South Carolina - Important series early in the East. These are the two teams who really have the most legit shot to challenge Vandy in the East. Will be interesting to see if UGA can go on the road and take this series. We see both of these teams in the back half of our conference schedule.

3) #1 Vandy @ #19 Texas A&M - Another good series between ranked conference teams. This will be Vandy's first real test of the year as they haven't really played anyone of consequence this year. We don't see Vandy this year, but this is the team we need to watch if we are going to push for a conference championship.

Ranked teams to watch this weekend:

1) #3 Oregon State @ #2 UCLA - Biggest series across the country this weekend. This is a massive early season test for both of these programs early on. I think UCLA has the edge because they have the better team I believe. I would not be shocked to see a UCLA sweep honestly. They are legit this year. But what a great series this should be

2) #11 Texas Tech @ #12 Texas - Obviously a big series in the Big 12, but we have serious rooting interests in Texas Tech to make that win over them look good. They are one we want to do well this year.

3) #10 Florida State @ #20 NC State - FSU is one of those teams that will challenge for a national seed. Big test for them this weekend. Will be interesting to see how well they do after Florida crushed them mid week.

There is a lot of great baseball to watch this weekend outside of just our series. May be the best weekend of college baseball until the end of regular season play. Some high quality matchups this weekend for everyone to watch.

The Federalist Engineer
03-15-2019, 11:29 AM
The SEC will be continuously tough for 10 series, but there will be a big national shakeup after this weekend.

I see the Oregon State freshman still has an arm after being used-to-death last year, Kevin Abel.