Ari Gold
03-14-2019, 10:22 PM
Dear Cohen
Don’t **** around ... give this man a raise and an extension yesterday

basedog
03-14-2019, 10:25 PM
Dear Cohen

I was about to say the same, dude is class and a very good Coach!

Love his demeanor and approach with players.

tcdog70
03-14-2019, 10:57 PM
He really did a great job tonight with his Substitutions

chef dixon
03-14-2019, 10:59 PM
Agree. At the end of the day, I'm not sure we can do much better at head coach in basketball here.

yjnkdawg
03-14-2019, 11:01 PM
Dear Cohen

I agree 100%.

BeardoMSU
03-14-2019, 11:05 PM
Hear, hear.

MarketingBully
03-14-2019, 11:08 PM
Yep, I hope we keep him until he retires. We should definitely bump him up to $2.5 mil a year.

mstatefan91
03-14-2019, 11:10 PM
He has been criminally underrated by our fan base at times. He has done a hell of a job. Time for a good raise and extension

Dawg61
03-14-2019, 11:11 PM
Class act by Howland giving Kennedy a nice talk at the end of the game. I'm assuming he said some very nice things to a man that's job is in the balance right now.

IMissJack
03-15-2019, 08:21 AM
Howland seems to never lose control of his emotions, a great trait for a leader. Agree, hope he is our coach for a while.

MetEdDawg
03-15-2019, 08:28 AM
I don't think some realized how bad it was when he got here. And he's had to not onlynchange the personnel but change the culture.

We haven't won at a decent level in a decade. People forget it's been that long. It takes time to undo that and make it look like it should. Our guys got a taste of winning last year. This year they've done it at a much better clip and are probably going to get a 5 seed out of it. That's huge for us.

Might take a step back next year from personnel leaving, but he's changed the program dramatically since he's been here. He needs to be paid well

Johnson85
03-15-2019, 09:06 AM
I don't think some realized how bad it was when he got here. And he's had to not onlynchange the personnel but change the culture.

We haven't won at a decent level in a decade. People forget it's been that long. It takes time to undo that and make it look like it should. Our guys got a taste of winning last year. This year they've done it at a much better clip and are probably going to get a 5 seed out of it. That's huge for us.

Might take a step back next year from personnel leaving, but he's changed the program dramatically since he's been here. He needs to be paid well

I don't think it was necessarily that it was that bad. It was that even for really good coaches, things have to fall into place to an extent for a quick turnaround. A really good coach will turn it around eventually if he's given time, but there is no magic elixir. Howland caught a great break with Weatherspoon being available. Had Malik and Kegler had different attitudes about their roles (or maybe if their handlers had), Howland might could have turned it around a year or two earlier. And it was probably actually a little bit of a bad break that Howland actually had a pretty solid group of seniors his first year. He spent a year working with them that didn't produce much benefit going forward although lord knows they deserved some good coaching.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-15-2019, 09:19 AM
I don't think it was necessarily that it was that bad. It was that even for really good coaches, things have to fall into place to an extent for a quick turnaround. A really good coach will turn it around eventually if he's given time, but there is no magic elixir. Howland caught a great break with Weatherspoon being available. Had Malik and Kegler had different attitudes about their roles (or maybe if their handlers had), Howland might could have turned it around a year or two earlier. And it was probably actually a little bit of a bad break that Howland actually had a pretty solid group of seniors his first year. He spent a year working with them that didn't produce much benefit going forward although lord knows they deserved some good coaching.

Weatherspoon being available? Are you talking about Q? Q committed to Rick Ray the summer before his Sr year & didn't waver when he got fired.

mstatefan91
03-15-2019, 09:26 AM
Weatherspoon being available? Are you talking about Q? Q committed to Rick Ray the summer before his Sr year & didn't waver when he got fired.

Yes and that was a big break for Howland.

preachermatt83
03-15-2019, 11:10 AM
Hear, hear.

*Hear, here

Johnson85
03-15-2019, 11:18 AM

Yes. I'd say having a guy with Q's skills and character committed to the school already is a big break. Having a guy like Malik Neumann available and with a connection to the school looked like a huge break in helping him turn it around quickly, which obviously wasn't quite the case, although committing Malik did I guess help generate some buzz for Howland early on. Not sure how much if any that helped in recruiting.

Between Q, Malik, and Kegler, it really did look like Howland was catching some breaks; I'd say that's much better physical talent than you can usually pick up in Mississippi in a two year period. But with the way college basketball works these days, Howland has had the benefit of Q, but has mostly had to build his team through "normal" ms recruits and then recruiting off his reputation rather than connections to MSU and/or Mississippi (at least until Perry and Woodard got here).

basedog
03-15-2019, 12:05 PM
Let's hope one of our "future" stars gets his attitude together, one thing I see about Howland, he may be calm but I don't think he will tolerate a player who isn't all in for the team and program. See Newman and Kelger. Just saying.

MoreCowbell
03-15-2019, 12:53 PM
Let's hope one of our "future" stars gets his attitude together, one thing I see about Howland, he may be calm but I don't think he will tolerate a player who isn't all in for the team and program. See Newman and Kelger. Just saying.

His problem at UCLA apparently was that he let the players or inmates run the asylum. Hope he learned from that.

mstatefan91
03-15-2019, 01:38 PM

This is the 2nd time I've seen this reference and I have never noticed this player have a bad attitude.. Guess I'm not paying enough attention to it.

basedog
03-15-2019, 02:08 PM
This is the 2nd time I've seen this reference and I have never noticed this player have a bad attitude.. Guess I'm not paying enough attention to it.

Sitting court side close to our bench opened my eyes. You can't see from watching on Tv. It was brought to my attention and sure enough something ain't right.

BigEasyDawg
03-15-2019, 02:12 PM
Sitting court side close to our bench opened my eyes. You can't see from watching on Tv. It was brought to my attention and sure enough something ain't right.

DJ?

basedog
03-15-2019, 02:29 PM
DJ?

No

The person(s) who first told me this would know as he/she is involved with athletics in a capacity. Just saying, to each their own, I probably should be hesitate on such matters as I don't like to say things I hear as much as many do.

KentuckyDawg13
03-15-2019, 03:00 PM
Yet you brought it up. Who is it? What is the deal? This is a message board, for crying out loud.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
03-15-2019, 03:14 PM
Richard Williams made a comment in one of the last games about how he saw Robert Woodard give L Peters some love during a timeout after Peters made a great pass for an alley-oop and it was nice to see because he hasn't seen much of that this year from this team. The comment was very telling in my opinion. Not so much about those two specifically, but the overall aspect of the team.

basedog
03-15-2019, 03:20 PM
Yet you brought it up. Who is it? What is the deal? This is a message board, for crying out loud.

LOL, it would spoil the fun for now. I saw Holman being a leader dealing with this young man. Also Q doing his thing helping, we gonna miss those two guys. Hopefully maturity will help.

I made reference about Nick and his situation, some didn't like so***

basedog
03-15-2019, 03:21 PM
Richard Williams made a comment in one of the last games about how he saw Robert Woodard give L Peters some love during a timeout after Peters made a great pass for an alley-oop and it was nice to see because he hasn't seen much of that this year from this team. The comment was very telling in my opinion. Not so much about those two specifically, but the overall aspect of the team.

Woodard will be a star, Howland loves him as I.

Ari Gold
03-15-2019, 05:47 PM
It’s Perry... and the kid is a freshman.. no need to even go there with that.. he has been the best player on the floor for his entire playing career until now.. takes a while for some kids to understand that ..
it’s real easy for Coach Cal to make a statement with a player , you not playing hard or engaged you come out and a 4 or 5 star comes in the game.. 95% of teams don’t have that luxury..

Perry will be fine.

Ari Gold
03-15-2019, 05:49 PM
His problem at UCLA apparently was that he let the players or inmates run the asylum. Hope he learned from that.

Maybe his issue at UCLA was UCLA.... they are still living in the wooden area... seems like things havent gotten better since he has been gone..
matter of fact they have gotten worse..

basedog
03-15-2019, 06:00 PM
It’s Perry... and the kid is a freshman.. no need to even go there with that.. he has been the best player on the floor for his entire playing career until now.. takes a while for some kids to understand that ..
it’s real easy for Coach Cal to make a statement with a player , you not playing hard or engaged you come out and a 4 or 5 star comes in the game.. 95% of teams don’t have that luxury..

Perry will be fine.

+1

Ari Gold
03-20-2019, 11:01 AM
Dear Cohen
Don?t **** around ... give this man a raise and an extension yesterday

Bump..
and JC I hope you are In The process of doing this or have done this .. dont **** around ..
there is about to be a lot of musical chairs in the CBK coaching world the next month
Don’t **** this up

And since I blasted the students I will do the same to the alumni and season. Ticket holders ..

CBH and the team we apologize for the lack of support we showed this year and hopefully next year this wont Repeat itself
It was embarrassing to you and this team with the lack of support shown

And if anyone fires back to this with a.. but but or whatever lame excuse you have then you are part of the problem
Next year be part of the solution

Coursesuper
03-20-2019, 11:14 AM
Bump..
and JC I hope you are In The process of doing this or have done this .. dont **** around ..
there is about to be a lot of musical chairs in the CBK coaching world the next month
Don’t **** this up

And since I blasted the students I will do the same to the alumni and season. Ticket holders ..

CBH and the team we apologize for the lack of support we showed this year and hopefully next year this wont Repeat itself
It was embarrassing to you and this team with the lack of support shown

And if anyone fires back to this with a.. but but or whatever lame excuse you have then you are part of the problem
Next year be part of the solution

Lets hope that the specific booster that funds our basketball program and is responsible for CBH being in Starkvegas has already had a conversation with our AD about this.

Ari Gold
03-20-2019, 12:09 PM
Lets hope that the specific booster that funds our basketball program and is responsible for CBH being in Starkvegas has already had a conversation with our AD about this.

Whoever , whatever .... get it done

MoreCowbell
03-20-2019, 02:36 PM
Maybe his issue at UCLA was UCLA.... they are still living in the wooden area... seems like things havent gotten better since he has been gone..
matter of fact they have gotten worse..

Maybe so but that really doesnt have anything to do with what I said.