and we will join:

Georgia 4-3
Florida 4-3
Tenn 4-3
Vandy 4-3
Ole Miss 4-3

DCdawg
10-21-2013, 08:59 AM
I'm not sure if this is supposed to make me feel better or worse.

Dawg61
10-21-2013, 09:05 AM
We can beat USC. Besides Clowney MSU has more talent on the field than USC right now.

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 09:12 AM
OM's fan base is jacked about 4-3... ours is "woe is me" about 4-3.

we can beat SC, but it won't count as our "signature win" because then they'll just be another down team this year. If we have four wins with SC, OM, Ark, and A&M left on the schedule I'll feel pretty good about finding 2 more.

Arkansas is reeling right now and their offensive strength buts heads against our defensive strength. Good matchup for us.

Egg bowl is in Starkville and we'll be more prepared for them than we have been for any other team in CDM's tenure.

starkvegasdawg
10-21-2013, 09:18 AM
Arkansas is reeling right now and their offensive strength buts heads against our defensive strength. Good matchup for us.

Arkansas has been out scored 104-7 the last two games. That hurts no matter how you slice it.

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 09:22 AM
I like numbers, so I looked some up.

Record of teams that have beaten State - 17-4
Record of teams that have beaten Ole Miss - 18-3

Record of teams that State has beaten - 15-7 (16-12 after we beat UK)
Record of teams that Ole Miss has beaten - 15-13

Raytoraid83
10-21-2013, 09:26 AM

Maybe bc they have already played bama, A&M, and lsu and now play three straight games that they will win. Just a thought.

MadDawg
10-21-2013, 09:26 AM
(if MSU wins Thur)
MSU 4-3 winnable games left on schedule = 2

OM 4-3 winnable games left on schedule = 5

Yeah, we are like in the exact same boat.

Dawg61
10-21-2013, 09:38 AM
USC is now a 50/50 game, I'd say that's winnable and we'll see about JFF. He was hurt Sat and aTm without JFF is very beatable. 8-4 is still alive but unlikely.

CJDAWG85
10-21-2013, 09:49 AM
I wouldn't say SCar is 50/50... but it all of a sudden got a lot more winnable...

Remaining Schedule:

UK - 90% chance of winning (Would be higher if not for the BG debacle)
SCar - 45% chance of winning (Could go higher if they lose this weekend)
A&M - 35% chance of winning (Could go higher depending on JFF's shoulder)
Ark - 60% chance of winning (Reality has set in up there)
TSUN - 55% chance of winning (HFA plus all of their injuries)

Vandownbytheriver
10-21-2013, 09:52 AM
And our best win will be Kentucky.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 09:54 AM
and we will join:

Georgia 4-3
Florida 4-3
Tenn 4-3
Vandy 4-3
Ole Miss 4-3

If you had told me before the season that we would have the same record as the bears after 7 games, I would have told you that you were out of your damn mind, but here we are.

Florida is just not a good team right now;

Tenn is figuring some stuff out, but their QB is still a joke.

UGA - The only team in the country with more injuries than the bears - and they got screwed in that game against Vandy on that 4th down targeting call.

Vandy - I guess they will get to 6 wins and Franklin may be headed to USC.

OM -I still think we beat them, their injury situation is going to catch up with them. They had two true freshman going against Beckham and Landry almost half the game and some long haired hippy playing DE a decent bit. I just don't see how they are able to keep it together.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-21-2013, 09:56 AM
I would say Florida is a good comparison at 4-3. The rest of the teams actually have some name wins. Vandy only beat a beatdown UGA team...but it's still something. Mullen needs to go 6-6 in order for me to feel good about the season. I am assuming he can take down Kentucky and Arkansas. He has to be able to beat one of USC, A&M or Ole Miss. If he doesn't choke away that Auburn game, I am not nearly as pissed off with him this year.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 09:58 AM
I would say Florida is a good comparison at 4-3. The rest of the teams actually have some name wins. Vandy only beat a beatdown UGA team...but it's still something. Mullen needs to go 6-6 in order for me to feel good about the season. I am assuming he can take down Kentucky and Arkansas. He has to be able to beat one of USC, A&M or Ole Miss. If he doesn't choke away that Auburn game, I am not nearly as pissed off with him this year.

Arkansas is a must win - and based off what is going on down there, its bordering on a no excuses game. Just no excuse to lose that game.

Vandownbytheriver
10-21-2013, 09:58 AM
And like Hancock said, most of those teams have been destroyed by injuries. We don't have that excuse. We have had opportunities and just have not performed. When we have been punched in the mouth we have folded. These other teams at least showed some life. That's a problem either with coaching or heart from the players. Not sure which one it is, but it's a major problem.

Eric Nies Grind Time
10-21-2013, 10:03 AM
I think we have had a fair amount of injuries. But yeah, no excuse to lose that Auburn game. We should be sitting at 5 wins after this Thursday instead of 4.

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 10:07 AM
Say it was us that beat LSU Saturday. There would be State fans that would be defending how LSU lost the game instead of how we won the game.

Vandownbytheriver
10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
And there would be Ole Miss fans saying how down LSU is just like some State fans. It's nice and all to say how different we are, but when the other does something good, both fan bases go full retard.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 10:10 AM
If we were 5-2 with a win over Auburn right now, there would be a lot less frustration. And Mullen lost the Auburn game, so the frustration is geared directly where it should be...at him.

Now, he has to make up for the Auburn choke by beating SC or A&M, plus win at Ark and against Ole miss. That's the only way he can make me feel any better.

And to try and make people think that we are sitting exactly where those other 4-3 teams are, is misleading to say the least.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 10:11 AM
Say it was us that beat LSU Saturday. There would be State fans that would be defending how LSU lost the game instead of how we won the game.

You're right. If lsu loses to aTm and bama, no one will say lsu was down. They'll just say freeze beat a top 10 team.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
You're right. If lsu loses to aTm and bama, no one will say lsu was down. They'll just say freeze beat a top 10 team.

Maybe because if State fans say LSU was down, it makes us look even worse since we got ****ing clobbered by them in our own stadium.

quickstrike2
10-21-2013, 10:12 AM
We need to focus on taking care of business Thursday night. Do that, and we are in good shape to salvage the season. Not saying we will, but its in our hands to do so. We have no gimmies left, but this is SEC football and CDM and team need to step up and win ball games to be at least .500 on the year.

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 10:15 AM
If we were 5-2 with a win over Auburn right now, there would be a lot less frustration. And Mullen lost the Auburn game, so the frustration is geared directly where it should be...at him.

Now, he has to make up for the Auburn choke by beating SC or A&M, plus win at Ark and against Ole miss. That's the only way he can make me feel any better.

And to try and make people think that we are sitting exactly where those other 4-3 teams are, is misleading to say the least.

At the end of the day, 4-3 = 4-3

CadaverDawg

I won't....but I also won't say they were down, because since we shit our pants in the 4th quarter and lost by 30 to them, it would make my team look even worse to say we got skull drug by a team that was "down"

slickdawg
We need to focus on taking care of business Thursday night. Do that, and we are in good shape to salvage the season. Not saying we will, but its in our hands to do so. We have no gimmies left, but this is SEC football and CDM and team need to step up and win ball games to be at least .500 on the year.

WORD.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 10:17 AM
Maybe because if State fans say LSU was down, it makes us look even worse since we got ****ing clobbered by them in our own stadium.

I've got confidence that these games dak isn't finishing right now that he'll finish soon. He's gaining experience and I believe he's use it to finish either USCe, aTm, or bama. An upset is coming

SheltonChoked
10-21-2013, 10:18 AM
When LSU loses to Alabama and A&M, will Saturday still count as a big win for Ole Miss?

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 10:19 AM
At the end of the day, 4-3 = 4-3

Not in my opinion, but I respect yours.

When we have Bama, A&M, SC, OM, and Ark....and others have 3 gimmes and 2 toss ups...I can't call that 4-3=4-3

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 10:21 AM
When LSU loses to Alabama and A&M, will Saturday still count as a big win for Ole Miss?

Not in my opinion. That would give them 4 SEC losses. It would be a good win, but nothing special anymore.

But it would also be an embarrassing 30 point loss for us, since it would prove that LSU was not that good.

MadDawg
10-21-2013, 10:21 AM

When we have Bama, A&M, SC, OM, and Ark....and others have 3 gimmes and 2 toss ups...I can't call that 4-3=4-3

Thank you. It's not close.

CJDAWG85
10-21-2013, 10:23 AM
We got LSU's best game and went blow for blow for 3 quarters... Mettenberger couldn't screw up if he tried... Our boys played great, but we have to learn how to overcome adversity when one thing doesn't go our way. We let it snowball out of control in that one.

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 10:29 AM

Not saying I disrespect your opinion at all. To a bowl selection committee, 4-3 = 4-3

Last year we lost the Egg Bowl, but 8-4 > 6-6 , so we went to the Gator Bowl, they went to Birmingham.

At the end of the day, it's all up to Mullen and the team. We can finish strong, or we can fail.

SheltonChoked
10-21-2013, 10:32 AM
Like in 98? When we got blown out by a 3-8 LSU team? Yeah. I remember all the bears throwing that at us all the way to Atlanta.

Since Jackie, LSU plays well against us. They play poorly vs ole miss. Again, give us 3 turnovers in the first half and we win that game.

Jack Lambert
10-21-2013, 10:34 AM

we can beat SC, but it won't count as our "signature win" because then they'll just be another down team this year. If we have four wins with SC, OM, Ark, and A&M left on the schedule I'll feel pretty good about finding 2 more.

Egg bowl is in Starkville and we'll be more prepared for them than we have been for any other team in CDM's tenure.

It should be called the Mullen rule. I don't care who we play or who we beat until Mullen beats Alabama or LSU he will not have a signature win. He could beat a team better then them but there will always be some excuse behind the reason he won. If we beat A&M or SC they will not be signature wins.

He has beaten Auburn, Florida, Tenn, GA, Ole Miss, Vandy, KY and I think he will beat A&M and SC. It might be next year when he does beat A&M but it will not be a signature win for him. Only beating LSU or Alabama will satistfy the media and many posters here.

SheltonChoked
10-21-2013, 10:39 AM
Again. It was LSU vs MSU.

We lost by 30+ to a 3-8 LSU team in 1998. We won the west and were beat by the one of the worst LSU teams in 20 years.

Coach34
10-21-2013, 10:40 AM
Like in 98? When we got blown out by a 3-8 LSU team? Yeah. I remember all the bears throwing that at us all the way to Atlanta.

Since Jackie, LSU plays well against us. They play poorly vs ole miss. Again, give us 3 turnovers in the first half and we win that game.

I was gonna point that out- we got skulldrug by LSU the year we played for the SEC title. And that was a 3-8 LSU team

Too many people try to discredit our record- it's nuts.

You dont see 1 damn OM fan talking about their 2009 Cotton Bowl team that was only 4-4 in the SEC. Something Mullen has done twice. OM OOC games that season? Memphis, SE La, UAB, and N. Arizona

Coach34
10-21-2013, 10:42 AM
It should be called the Mullen rule. I don't care who we play or who we beat until Mullen beats Alabama or LSU he will not have a signature win. He could beat a team better then them but there will always be some excuse behind the reason he won. If we beat A&M or SC they will not be signature wins.

He has beaten Auburn, Florida, Tenn, GA, Ole Miss, Vandy, KY and I think he will beat A&M and SC. It might be next year when he does beat A&M but it will not be a signature win for him. Only beating LSU or Alabama will satistfy the media and many posters here.

Our school has had 9 signature wins in the last 50 years- we dont even average 2 sig wins per 10 years. Let that sink in

fishwater99
10-21-2013, 10:42 AM

I agree.. It's time for Dan to win a BIG GAME...

Ole Miss, Vandy, Tenn, Auburn, and Mizzo did this past Saturday. Why can't Miss State?

Jack Lambert
10-21-2013, 10:50 AM
I was gonna point that out- we got skulldrug by LSU the year we played for the SEC title. And that was a 3-8 LSU team

You dont see 1 damn OM fan talking about their 2009 Cotton Bowl team that was only 4-4 in the SEC. Something Mullen has done twice. OM OOC games that season? Memphis, SE La, UAB, and N. Arizona

Didn't Mullen beat one of those Cotton Bowl teams?

Jack Lambert
10-21-2013, 10:54 AM
We got LSU's best game and went blow for blow for 3 quarters... Mettenberger couldn't screw up if he tried... Our boys played great, but we have to learn how to overcome adversity when one thing doesn't go our way. We let it snowball out of control in that one.

Mettenberger made a lot of mistakes. I just don't think they came out focus and took Ole Miss seriously. Seems to me they took us more seriously then they did Ole Miss. Maybe because they had just lost to GA I don't know but their offense just played bad and I think they had some pretty bad play calling as well.

FlabLoser

The 1998 MSU team that won the SEC west was not only skull drug by LSU, but the following week we followed that up with a L to Kentucky. We also lost to surprise, Oklahoma State.

1998-Mississippi State (SEC)

9/5 vs. *Vanderbilt (2-9) W 42 0
9/12 @ Memphis (2-9) W 14 6
9/19 @ Oklahoma State (5-6) L 23 42
9/26 @ *South Carolina (1-10) W 38 0
10/10 vs. *Auburn (3-8) W 38 21
10/17 vs. East Tennessee State (non-IA) W 53 6
10/24 @ *Louisiana State (4-7) L 6 41
11/7 @ *Kentucky (7-5) L 35 37
11/14 vs. *Alabama (7-5) W 26 14
11/21 vs. *Arkansas (9-3) W 22 21
11/26 @ *Mississippi (7-5) W 28 6
12/5 vs. *Tennessee (13-0) L 14 24 @ Atlanta, GA SEC Championship
1/1 vs. Texas (9-3) L 11 38 @ Dallas, TX Cotton Bowl

8-5-0

slickdawg
2009,10,11 it was Mullen hasn't beaten one SEC West team not named Ole Miss

2012, 13 it is Mullen hasn't beaten LSU or Bama. TAMU just came into the mix.

We've beaten LSU twice in 22 years, that problem precedes Mullen.

Now JWS and Croom beat Bama, but after Bama got rolling with Saban, they've won 3 BCS titles and played in another BCS bowl game. They've had double digit wins for 5 (soon to be 6) straight years. I just looked it up, since 2008, Alabama is 69-7 (39-5). Those five losses are:

2008 - Florida in the SEC Championship Game
2010 - At LSU, At USC, Auburn
2011 - LSU

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 10:59 AM
2009,10,11 it was Mullen hasn't beaten one SEC West team not named Ole Miss

2012, 13 it is Mullen hasn't beaten LSU or Bama. TAMU just came into the mix.

We've beaten LSU twice in 22 years, that problem precedes Mullen.

Now JWS and Croom beat Bama, but after Bama got rolling with Saban, they've won 3 BCS titles and played in another BCS bowl game. They've had double digit wins for 5 (soon to be 6) straight years. I just looked it up, since 2008, Alabama is 69-7 (39-5). Those five losses are:

2008 - Florida in the SEC Championship Game
2010 - At LSU, At USC, Auburn
2011 - LSU

I don't think anybody is saying we have to beat LSU. But we need to beat SOMEBODY with a pulse. Or at least be competitive with a good team

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 11:01 AM
Didn't Mullen beat one of those Cotton Bowl teams?

Why yes he did, 41-27. The year after Croom produced 45-0.

Quaoarsking
I agree.. It's time for Dan to win a BIG GAME...

Ole Miss, Vandy, Tenn, Auburn, and Mizzo did this past Saturday. Why can't Miss State?

Really? Still? Why can't you grasp if all 5 of those wins are big wins, then so are the '09 Egg Bowl and '10 Florida? We won't know for certain until December, but most of Saturday's losers will end up with 8 or 9 wins, just like Mullen's big wins.

FlabLoser
Or at least be competitive with a good team

Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 11:03 AM
Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and **** the prom queen.

Well Mississippi state is the virgin of the SEC, so I guess I'm thinking a close loss to Bama would be like a blow job, because it's not looking like we will ever **** the prom queen. Ha.

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 11:07 AM
I don't think anybody is saying we have to beat LSU. But we need to beat SOMEBODY with a pulse. Or at least be competitive with a good team

I know what you are saying, and I too want us to not only be competitive but win a "big" game. There's a lot of football left to play this year, hopefully we get it done.

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 11:08 AM
Well Mississippi state is the virgin of the SEC, so I guess I'm thinking a close loss to Bama would be like a blow job, because it's not looking like we will ever **** the prom queen. Ha.

We've played in the SEC Championship game. Until TAMU came along, Ole Miss was the only SEC West team not to. Even with 2 time Super Bowl MVP Eli, the couldn't make it to Atlanta. We did.

DownwardDawg
10-21-2013, 11:45 AM

I would settle for a reach around from Bama at this point. **

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 11:50 AM

+1

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 11:52 AM
While we have not had much luck against LSU in the last 20 years, but have against Alabama, I thought I'd see how the bears have done. They have beaten Bama twice since 1990, just as we've beaten LSU twice since 1990.

CadaverDawg
10-21-2013, 11:54 AM
While we have not had much luck against LSU in the last 20 years, but have against Alabama, I thought I'd see how the bears have done. They have beaten Bama twice since 1990, just as we've beaten LSU twice since 1990.

ThIs is going to sound lazy of me, Slick...but could you find the margin of victory that us and OM have lost to Bama and LSU in that time span? Or at least over the last 10 years?

Barking 13
10-21-2013, 12:01 PM

huh huh, he said reach around, Beavis...

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 12:03 PM
if we had beaten LSU and then they lost to OM too, it would've been "they're down."

this is a hilarious debate to me. So, according to a certain segment of the fan base, we need a signature win over a great team... but when we beat big time programs they're not great anymore (UT, Florida, UGA, Arkansas, Auburn, Michigan). And when we beat bowl teams (Bowling Green, Georgia, LaTech, Florida, etc...) it doesn't count because they're not Bama or LSU.

We can and will do better, but a "bad year" and a bowl birth isn't all that bad. We're headed in the right direction.

PMDawg
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM
the "Stands sheep" were castigated for accepting mediocrity. Now, mediocrity under Mullen is to be praised?

There are 3 coaches currently in the SEC who do not have a "signature SEC win" under their belt. Belima, Stoops, and Mullen. Two first year coaches and a 5th year coach. Franklin, Freeze, Sumlin, Pinkel, Malzahn, Jones, and Muschamp have all been coaching for less time (in the SEC) and have already pulled off the feat.

fishwater99
10-21-2013, 12:04 PM
Really? Still? Why can't you grasp if all 5 of those wins are big wins, then so are the '09 Egg Bowl and '10 Florida? We won't know for certain until December, but most of Saturday's losers will end up with 8 or 9 wins, just like Mullen's big wins.

I consider a BIG Win a win over a TOP 10 or Top 20 team.. Dan doesn't have one yet, does he?

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 12:10 PM
I consider a BIG Win a win over a TOP 10 or Top 20 team.. Dan doesn't have one yet, does he?

#22 Florida in the Swamp doesn't seem to count for some reason - something we haven't done in 40 years.

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 12:13 PM
the "Stands sheep" were castigated for accepting mediocrity. Now, mediocrity under Mullen is to be praised?

There are 3 coaches currently in the SEC who do not have a "signature SEC win" under their belt. Belima, Stoops, and Mullen. Two first year coaches and a 5th year coach. Franklin, Freeze, Sumlin, Pinkel, Malzahn, Jones, and Muschamp have all been coaching for less time (in the SEC) and have already pulled off the feat.

who did Franklin beat?

SheltonChoked
10-21-2013, 12:15 PM
Not a single big win in there. Also had 2 bad losses, and another loss at home to Kentucky. We should have fired Jackie for getting blown out vs LSU and losing to Kentucky at home!!!

SheltonChoked
10-21-2013, 12:19 PM
If Vandy over UGA counts for Vandy, then MSU vs UGA counts for Dan.

If Mizzou over UF counts for Mizzou, then MSU over UF counts for Dan.

If Tenn over USC counts then Ole Miss vs MSU counts for Dan.

That's 3 Big Wins.

Ole Miss vs LSU is too early to say if it is a Fishwater big win since a 8-4 LSU team would not be a Top 20 team Therefore, not a big win.

HancockCountyDog
10-21-2013, 12:23 PM

Here is the deal - Dan bashers/defenders are both right and wrong.

Beating Florida in the swamp (sure they weren't great, but they weren't bad) was a signature win at the time.

Problem is that happened in 2010 with a team made up of mostly Croom players. Its 2013, its basically been two full seasons of nothing even close to be considered a signature win and now we are in year three without even the semblence of a signature win.

That is the bigger deal. People are getting caught up in whether FL was or wasn't a signature win. Even if you think it is, thats fine, the bigger issue is that the win wasn't with his players, and he hasn't had one in 2 1/2 seasons. That is the bigger issue.

He still has time - A&M is beatable and so is SC. Honestly, the only game I don't think we can win is Bama.

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 12:24 PM
y'all know who else hasn't beaten Bama since Mullen's been hired:
Anyone outside the SEC,
Georgia,
Florida,
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vandy
Ole Miss
Arkansas, &
State.

ScoobaDawg
10-21-2013, 12:38 PM

Exactly. There is no chance it happens but I wanted to rip my radio out of the car this morning when Mike and mike mentioned auburn vs Alabama for sec to West to end the year.

Its much more about how we lose than the simple fact of losing.

Five-tool Poster
10-21-2013, 12:53 PM
y'all know who else hasn't beaten Bama since Mullen's been hired:
Anyone outside the SEC,
Georgia,
Florida,
Tennessee
Kentucky
Vandy
Ole Miss
Arkansas, &
State.

Cool. No one's talking about beating bama

slickdawg
10-21-2013, 12:57 PM
As I posted earlier, Saban is 39-5 in SEC games since 2008. Florida 2008 in the SECCG, 2010 Auburn, LSU and South Carolina, LSU in 2011, that's it.

Coach34
10-21-2013, 01:04 PM

If you want to hold football to the basketball standard- are you ready for basketball to be held to the baseball standard?

PMDawg
10-21-2013, 03:07 PM
If you want to hold football to the basketball standard- are you ready for basketball to be held to the baseball standard?

right, no real answer. Look, I'm not asking to beat Alabama or LSU. I would like to not get embarrassed by them on an annual basis. Mullen has to show us something against some middle of the road teams. 2009 and 10 he did, since then he hasn't. It's time. 2011 and 2013 Auburn, 2011 USC, 2013 Oklahoma State, 2012 Northwestern, etc, etc. It's time to do something other than beating bad teams. At the very least, let's play hard and look better in our losses. It's not too much to ask.

Dawgface
10-21-2013, 03:26 PM
and we will join:

Georgia 4-3
Florida 4-3
Tenn 4-3
Vandy 4-3
Ole Miss 4-3

Just curious, what do you project the end of the year(regular season) record will be for all those teams?

Vandownbytheriver
10-21-2013, 03:36 PM

How bout we hold them all to the same damn standard? Don't get the shit beat outta you in every big game and look like you have a damn clue. Every once in awhile win one you shouldn't. Make adjustments when necessary, don't just chew on the playcard and look completely lost.

Coach34
10-21-2013, 03:38 PM
Just curious, what do you project the end of the year(regular season) record will be for all those teams?

Georgia? 8-4
Florida? 6-6
Tennessee? 6-6
Vandy? 6-6
Ole Miss? 7-5

Dawgowar
10-21-2013, 06:43 PM

Word from my Aggie friends is that JFF has a pretty serious shoulder issue that may mean multiple games or even the season finished. These are pretty level-headed folks. Sumlin does not speak about injuries so the lack of denial is fueling this too. So if JFF misses and we beat a team with predominantly RS Frosh and True Frosh up front then that would not count either. Beat USC? They lost their QB. Doesn't count. Hey beat Bama and it is only because every 30 years or so when Alabama is going for a third National Title we beat them dramatically. Even Felker could do that, we just did not give him a chance.

All that matters is we get the bowl game and the extra practices it affords us to develop players. I do not give a rip about how or who we beat to get there.

Saltydog
10-21-2013, 08:01 PM
nt

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 08:17 PM
Cool. No one's talking about beating bama

I do believe someone in this thread said something about not being able to beat LSU or Bama.

engie
10-21-2013, 08:20 PM
If we beat USCe or aTm, it's signature in my book. I don't care if they have their QBs or not...

Vandownbytheriver
10-21-2013, 09:31 PM
If we beat USCe or aTm, it's signature in my book. I don't care if they have their QBs or not...

This. Our wins against Florida and UGA were against their worst teams in 10 years.

msstate7
10-21-2013, 09:42 PM
This. Our wins against Florida and UGA were against their worst teams in 10 years.

Worse than zook's teams? Worse than muschamp's first year?

Coach34
10-21-2013, 09:58 PM

we are 6-17 lifetime vs Georgia- and that was the first win in 40 years against them. How can it not be considered a good win?
It was 50 year since we beat Fla in Fla- how is that not a good win?

Political Hack
10-21-2013, 10:03 PM
All that matters is we get the bowl game and the extra practices it affords us to develop players. I do not give a rip about how or who we beat to get there.

agreed.

engie
10-21-2013, 10:05 PM
I consider Mullen's signature wins to be OM 09, UF 10, UGA 10, and Michigan 10. I don't care if others feel the same way or not -- but that's what I think.

Beating USCe or ATM falls in line with those. We will not be favored in those games -- despite both teams looking very, very beatable right now. A win over either -- and my perception about Mullen changes pretty drastically.

I'll be honest -- watching ULL vs Petrino didn't do Mullen any favors in my eyes. We'll see how Arky St can do against them on the road tomorrow night...

msstate7
10-21-2013, 10:11 PM
I consider Mullen's signature wins to be OM 09, UF 10, UGA 10, and Michigan 10. I don't care if others feel the same way or not -- but that's what I think.

Beating USCe or ATM falls in line with those. We will not be favored in those games -- despite both teams looking very, very beatable right now. A win over either -- and my perception about Mullen changes pretty drastically.

I'll be honest -- watching ULL vs Petrino didn't do Mullen any favors in my eyes. We'll see how Arky St can do against them on the road tomorrow night...

Gotta admit hud taking it to petrino in the 2nd half was very impressive.

Bothrops
10-21-2013, 10:20 PM
If you had told me before the season that we would have the same record as the bears after 7 games, I would have told you that you were out of your damn mind, but here we are.

Florida is just not a good team right now;

Tenn is figuring some stuff out, but their QB is still a joke.

UGA - The only team in the country with more injuries than the bears - and they got screwed in that game against Vandy on that 4th down targeting call.

Vandy - I guess they will get to 6 wins and Franklin may be headed to USC.

OM -I still think we beat them, their injury situation is going to catch up with them. They had two true freshman going against Beckham and Landry almost half the game and some long haired hippy playing DE a decent bit. I just don't see how they are able to keep it together.

Franklin ain't going anywhere.

fishwater99
10-22-2013, 09:11 AM

What has he done lately? It's 2013, those wins were from 09 and 10, and he still hasn't beaten a Top 20 team...
You would think that in year 5 our program would be getting better, not regressing.
Are Mullen's best years are already behind us?

engie
10-22-2013, 09:14 AM
What has he done lately? It's 2013, those wins were from 09 and 10, and he still hasn't beaten a Top 20 team...
You would think that in year 5 our program would be getting better, not regressing.
Are Mullen's best years are already behind us?

Did you actually read all of what I wrote -- or did you go into broken record mode on the very first sentence? I guess we already know the answer...