PDA

View Full Version : ACT Fraud Question

Goldendawg
03-13-2019, 10:56 PM
With the college entrance scandal now in the news and at least one Hollywood star out on a $1 million bond. Why were there no criminal charges for those involved in the La Tech/UM ACT fraud?

msbulldog
03-14-2019, 06:05 AM
With the college entrance scandal now in the news and at least one Hollywood star out on a $1 million bond. Why were there no criminal charges for those involved in the La Tech/UM ACT fraud?

Golden, that was ULL not La Tech. Hudspeth got caught up in that.

ckDOG
03-14-2019, 07:19 AM

Probably just small potatoes for real investigative bodies. I'm sure the FBI or whoever doesn't want NCAA leftovers and wants to focus on larger scale corruption they sniff out on their own.

Liverpooldawg
03-14-2019, 08:04 AM
There was a lot of money changing hands in this one, a LOT of money. I seriously doubt there was that much involved with the Wayne County stuff.

Ezsoil
03-14-2019, 08:29 AM
Golden, that was ULL not La Tech. Hudspeth got caught up in that.

Hudspeth was cleared it was David Saunders who was the one driving it just as he drove the Ohr and Powe situations during his multiple tenures at the Plantation.

RocketDawg
03-14-2019, 09:15 AM
There was a lot of money changing hands in this one, a LOT of money. I seriously doubt there was that much involved with the Wayne County stuff.

There had to be some money paid to the test administrator at Waynesboro at the very least, so there probably should have been criminal charges made. It was the same as the celebrity SAT fraud thing, just on a smaller scale.

DancingRabbit
03-14-2019, 10:27 AM
Probably a red and blue tinted DA found reasons to not prosecute. Move along, nothing to see here.

msbulldog
03-14-2019, 12:28 PM
Hudspeth was cleared it was David Saunders who was the one driving it just as he drove the Ohr and Powe situations during his multiple tenures at the Plantation.

True that, I was referring to the fact that Hud was head coach at the time.

StateDawg44
03-14-2019, 01:19 PM
I very seriously doubt there were bribes involving hundreds of thousands eventually adding up to millions involved in the workings that Saunders had going on.

To even try to paint a picture that these particular cases are similar is crazy. Yeah it's the same idea and technically same end result on a smaller scale but the FBI doesn't give a damn about this stuff until people start throwing extremely large chunks of cash around and money laundering is involved. The amount of money and institutions involved are the only reasons the FBI started looking into this. Don't give Saunders that much credit.

No one would pay that much for their kid to go to OM. You kidding me?

MadDawg
03-14-2019, 02:07 PM
Does anyone still have faith in the FBI?

StateDawg44
03-14-2019, 02:28 PM
Does anyone still have faith in the FBI?

About as much as the NCAA.

Todd4State
03-15-2019, 01:29 AM
I thought the woman proctoring the tests was in trouble or at least potentially was?

I'm pretty sure Saunders and/or Ole Miss were paying her to do that.

Mobile Bay
03-15-2019, 06:19 AM
Probably a red and blue tinted DA found reasons to not prosecute. Move along, nothing to see here.

Yep. The DA at the time graduated from Old Miss law in 1984

https://www.martindale.com/meridian/mississippi/e-j-bilbo-mitchell-iii-1023273-a/

MedDawg
03-15-2019, 07:57 AM
I thought the woman proctoring the tests was in trouble or at least potentially was?

I'm pretty sure Saunders and/or Ole Miss were paying her to do that.

No doubt. https://www.theadvertiser.com/story/sports/college/ul/2015/10/15/ul-ncaa-probe-who-ginny-crager/73984340/

StateDawg44
03-15-2019, 09:19 AM
Yep. The DA at the time graduated from Old Miss law in 1984

https://www.martindale.com/meridian/mississippi/e-j-bilbo-mitchell-iii-1023273-a/

Why would he be over that particular case?

coachnorm
03-15-2019, 11:00 AM

Obviously if a huge sum of money is transferred thru a third party to get a person into a college, that money is covert. The wealthy now have not identified that money to the IRS and the receiving agents also? Is there some tax evasion and money laundering going on? Also, if governmental grants are received to assist the academically gifted but not wealthy, by a college, are the wealthy defrauding the government thru athletic scholarships. The government invests money for its needed research and development to colleges thru out the country. Does the government have a vested interest in the credibility of receiving institutions in some cases?

Cheers "You'll Never Walk Alone"