PDA

View Full Version : Let me say this and get it off my chest

Bodaski
03-13-2019, 05:25 PM
A lot of our fans bitch and complain about Bracky and the job he does in compliance. His job is to get to the bottom of mistakes that have been made or uncovered. His action on taking a stearn and careful stance more than likely keep the ncaa off our backs. You saw how the clowns up north denied, denied and denied some more even when they were proven publically they were lying. I support Bracky and commend him on the job he does.

Dawg61
03-13-2019, 05:39 PM
I don't. Retire Bracky.

BeardoMSU
03-13-2019, 05:40 PM
While I agree with the spirit of what you're talking about, it's not a Bracky or OM, debate...there is a mountain of distance between the two. As Ari, myself, and others pointed out in a previous thread, other schools hire either lawyers with NCAA litigation experience or ex-NCAA compliance officers to handle this department....for some reason, we haven't....instead, we have Bracky, who is neither. It's half-ass and bush league.

Walkerhill
03-13-2019, 05:42 PM
A lot of our fans bitch and complain about Bracky and the job he does in compliance. His job is to get to the bottom of mistakes that have been made or uncovered. His action on taking a stearn and careful stance more than likely keep the ncaa off our backs. You saw how the clowns up north denied, denied and denied some more even when they were proven publically they were lying. I support Bracky and commend him on the job he does.

I have no problem with Brackly directly. I think the issue is that other universities have a former compliance officer in his position or closely supporting his position and that allows them to take a more balanced position vs. the reactive and strongly conservative stance we end up taking.

Our approach overall is regressive and ultimately a competitive disadvantage.

Is that Bracky?s fault. Nah, he is more the face or messenger of that approach.

But, would any of the upper SEC athletic dempartments employ our approach to this position? No.

Walkerhill
03-13-2019, 05:43 PM
Would any of that have made a difference in this particular case with Nick? No idea at all.

yjnkdawg
03-13-2019, 05:49 PM

Like I posted a few days ago, I think you need somebody who is a lawyer in that position , and preferably one with knowledge and expertise in NCAA compliance, and litigation. What we are doing may have worked years ago, but we are behind the times now.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 05:51 PM
Bracky needs to go. Along with a lot of other good ole boys in our Athletic Dept. We have WAYYYYYYY too many people in high positions that haven't done anything other than be a state student and/or work for State. Don't get me wrong I love people that love State and we do need a lot in our Dept which I think helps.

BUT we need some professional outside blood in spots that warrant it, compliance being the first and foremost. It's not the same landscape as it was when someone thought it was a great idea to say hell Bracky is by the letter in his job let him do it. I'm at the game Saturday and looking around and I see way too many faces that were doing barely more than student jobs when I was in school in the early 90s. Now they are all our suits. Kudos for working your way up but we are in the biggest boy league and we are tapped out talent wise in these jobs. Hire someone to do some of this stuff that has been somewhere else and has had success. We are too stagnant. I hope Cohen isn't becoming LT 2.0...

I've come to realize that Mullen was allowed to keep his country club rolling bc there wasn't anyway our Athletic Dept was any different so there was no basis to call him out on it or make him change.

WSOPdawg
03-13-2019, 05:51 PM
We "play" the least in the gray area of all the SEC schools, which a lot of times holds us back and is our own detriment.

Ari Gold
03-13-2019, 05:56 PM
Bracky needs to go. Along with a lot of other good ole boys in our Athletic Dept. We have WAYYYYYYY too many people in high positions that haven't done anything other than be a state student and/or work for State. Don't get me wrong I love people that love State and we do need a lot in our Dept which I think helps.

BUT we need some professional outside blood in spots that warrant it, compliance being the first and foremost. It's not the same landscape as it was when someone thought it was a great idea to say hell Bracky is by the letter in his job let him do it. I'm at the game Saturday and looking around and I see way too many faces that were doing barely more than student jobs when I was in school in the early 90s. Now they are all our suits. Kudos for working your way up but we are in the biggest boy league and we are tapped out talent wise in these jobs. Hire someone to do some of this stuff that has been somewhere else and has had success. We are too stagnant. I hope Cohen isn't becoming LT 2.0...

I've come to realize that Mullen was allowed to keep his country club rolling bc there wasn't anyway our Athletic Dept was any different so there was no basis to call him out on it or make him change.

****ing Bravo .. There are a few that get it

Todd4State
03-13-2019, 07:51 PM

Nailed it. The AD search was very eye opening for me.

Dawgcap
03-13-2019, 08:02 PM
I respect playing by the rules in the gray but damn make it dark gray not closer to white. We over penalize to the absurdity. A correlation I deem relevant. We are like a decent size manufacturer who hires local guys. To justify their jobs they come up with new ideas to improve productivity and cut costs. 3 years late this once profitable business is struggling financially while the local guys move up in management. Company goes bankrupt and the local boys blame everyone else. Check out local furniture manufacturers 15 years ago for proof.
Bottom line new local hires try to justify their new positions by making changes not needed

mparkerfd20
03-13-2019, 08:03 PM
I don't support his approach either and want him gone.

Cowbell
03-13-2019, 08:13 PM

Probably the most accurate common sense post I have ever seen on this board. If you read this and don?t agree, understand, or comprehend, please look in the mirror and post less.

confucius say
03-13-2019, 08:16 PM
We have to take a tougher, more conservative approach. We are not a blue blood and will get pounded if we step out of line

Cooterpoot
03-13-2019, 08:19 PM
The NCAA is dead. No point in heavy handed compliance management anymore.

Dawgcap
03-13-2019, 08:20 PM
My point in my post above.

Cooterpoot
03-13-2019, 08:25 PM
Just keep us off the FBI radar and we good.

gravedigger
03-13-2019, 09:31 PM

Compared to other schools, how have we fared in the disciplinary category?

I?d say pretty well. We had the Redmond thing. We had the Sydney thing. Most folks thought Brackey was too hard on the Redmond issue. Keenum didn?t. Sydney owned us and that probably accelerated Stans exit.

The rest have been minor.

This thing with spoon seems like more than one thing.

I?m sure many will disagree, but for the level of sports success compared to the relative small amount of issues, Brackey is doing fine.

If you want Brackey gone, you probably are waiting on Keenum to leave too.

KOdawg1
03-13-2019, 09:39 PM
Nah, screw Bracky. Everybody else plays the game, we should too.

KOdawg1
03-13-2019, 09:42 PM

This absolutely nails it

Dawgcap
03-13-2019, 09:45 PM
I respect playing by the rules in the gray but damn make it dark gray not closer to white. We over penalize to the absurdity. A correlation I deem relevant. We are like a decent size manufacturer who hires local guys. To justify their jobs they come up with new ideas to improve productivity and cut costs. 3 years late this once profitable business is struggling financially while the local guys move up in management. Company goes bankrupt and the local boys blame everyone else. Check out local furniture manufacturers 15 years ago for proof.
Bottom line new local hires try to justify their new positions by making changes not needed

This is Bracky. Doin something to justify a job. Has a few good ideas but at the end of the day he implements to impress and it cost the programs