PDA

View Full Version : Grambling

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 05:24 PM
Mangum and Allen both picked on bad dirt reads in first. I'm calling dugout mtg after this defensive inning and ripping assholes.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 05:24 PM
Jones catching and Hatcher DH

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 05:25 PM
Usual lineup otherwise. Plumlee p

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 05:40 PM
Plumlee can't locate in the zone. He's doing the job he's intended for. Midweek.

chef dixon
03-13-2019, 05:55 PM
This pitcher is clowning us

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 06:07 PM
We have our heads straight up our ****ing asses. Spring break and already in Gainesville. Look like ****ing horseshit on defense and running bases.

chef dixon
03-13-2019, 06:18 PM
Woof, rough night for Foscue

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 06:23 PM
Man in 3rd and no outs and Foscue and Jones have horrible at bats. This is a shitastic mental performance.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 06:25 PM
Great job Hatcher battling and getting the run home. Up 2-1

Homedawg
03-13-2019, 06:26 PM
We have had some brutal ab's

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 06:29 PM
It's just that game where no one is mentally in the ballpark. Lemonis is probably cussing them all. And rightfully so.

RocketDawg
03-13-2019, 06:41 PM
Foul ball just broke a window in the pressbox. And it was brand new! **

RocketDawg
03-13-2019, 06:42 PM
It's just that game where no one is mentally in the ballpark. Lemonis is probably cussing them all. And rightfully so.

Yes. Midweek game with what should be a minor opponent.

And Westburg just knocked in 2 runs, he's on 1st and Mangum is on 3rd. Could be a big inning.

biggun
03-13-2019, 06:43 PM
Score?

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 06:44 PM
4-1 now and we are opening it up.

starkvegasdawg
03-13-2019, 06:44 PM
Score?

4-1 btm 5

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 06:45 PM
Got their starter out.

chef dixon
03-13-2019, 07:00 PM
We've got some weapons on our bench. Hatcher looking like a hitter

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 07:01 PM
Hatcher having a great night. Cumbest looks like a freshman.

RocketDawg
03-13-2019, 07:03 PM
Those clouds in center field look nasty. When are the storms supposed to get to Starkville?

biggun
03-13-2019, 07:18 PM
4-1 btm 5

Thanks

Dawgcap
03-13-2019, 07:21 PM
Hard to complain now. 12-1

Turfdawg67
03-13-2019, 07:22 PM
We play good with "our heads up our asses" I guess.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 07:24 PM
Yeah not complaining. But we have to be mentally tougher than to come out and not be mentally prepared to play today. Yes we knew we were gonna win and we were a day from traveling to open the sec but teams that win championships are mentally tough in situations like early today. Learn from it and move on but learn from it.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 07:27 PM
We play good with "our heads up our asses" I guess.

There's no rule against pulling them out. We were shit the first few innings mentally and weren't ready to play. Someone somehow woke us up whether it was a Sr, Lemonis, Ginn or somebody. But we woke up and pulled our heads out of our asses. Championship teams have to be mentally stronger than everyone. Learn from the start of this game and be mentally stronger.

Dawgcap
03-13-2019, 07:45 PM
Yeah not complaining. But we have to be mentally tougher than to come out and not be mentally prepared to play today. Yes we knew we were gonna win and we were a day from traveling to open the sec but teams that win championships are mentally tough in situations like early today. Learn from it and move on but learn from it.

Wasn’t being a smart ass. It happens even against bad teams early.

Cooterpoot
03-13-2019, 08:22 PM

Nah, You wrong. If we were playing a team with a heartbeat, I?d agree. That was nothing more than a live scrimmage. I?d rather all our focus be on FL in that situation.

Todd4State
03-13-2019, 08:23 PM
MSU wins 18-1.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 08:26 PM
Nah, You wrong. If we were playing a team with a heartbeat, I?d agree. That was nothing more than a live scrimmage. I?d rather all our focus be on FL in that situation.

No I'm not. You play against the game you don't play an opponent.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 08:27 PM
Wasn’t being a smart ass. It happens even against bad teams early.

Didn't take it that way.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 08:28 PM
One thing i took from Riley's inning was he threw a pitch at 74 which is a good thing. He finally changed speeds on his cutter/breaking ball which will help him tremendously and possibly allow him to be a situational righty for us until/if he gains his velo back.

Cooterpoot
03-13-2019, 08:31 PM
No I'm not. You play against the game you don't play an opponent.

18-1...we handled our business and you obviously don’t realize how long a baseball season really is.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 08:32 PM
Good win how it's supposed to be against a team like this. Tanner got some run offensively which could get him going. Westburg got back on the field. Maybe Hatcher could supply us with some offense off the bench or push himself into the lineup at some point. Halter keeps getting better and better and has taken over 2nd base I believe.

Only negative was the way we weren't mentally there the first couple of innings. I've covered that.

Now it's for real. Need to go to Gainesville and shove it in their asses. Take at least 2 and announce our SEC presence with authority.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 08:37 PM
18-1...we handled our business and you obviously don’t realize how long a baseball season really is.

I do. Relax and we handled our business for 7 1/2 innings. I absolutely know what the hell Im talking about. Shit it happens but as a coach it's what you have to rail on them about. This isn't Dixie ball. I don't give a shit who you are playing the way we were absent mentally early is a coaching point I promise you Lemonis is hammering their asses with. No way in hell hes saying it's all ok I know it's a long season and y'all were looking to Florida.

You can't win a high school state title like that much less a National Title. We are coaching and playing to win a National Title not beat Grambling. Big picture son.

Todd4State
03-13-2019, 08:38 PM
One thing i took from Riley's inning was he threw a pitch at 74 which is a good thing. He finally changed speeds on his cutter/breaking ball which will help him tremendously and possibly allow him to be a situational righty for us until/if he gains his velo back.

Good win how it's supposed to be against a team like this. Tanner got some run offensively which could get him going. Westburg got back on the field. Maybe Hatcher could supply us with some offense off the bench or push himself into the lineup at some point. Halter keeps getting better and better and has taken over 2nd base I believe.

Only negative was the way we weren't mentally there the first couple of innings. I've covered that.

Now it's for real. Need to go to Gainesville and shove it in their asses. Take at least 2 and announce our SEC presence with authority.

Yeah- it looked like Riley was trying some different things with his wind up as well maybe. Maybe he can get it together by the second half of the SEC season.

I think Hatcher may need to play more. Especially against RH pitching.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 08:41 PM
Yeah- it looked like Riley was trying some different things with his wind up as well maybe. Maybe he can get it together by the second half of the SEC season.

Hatch showed today. Need to see it on a weekend though to believe it. He did this last yr too. But I thought he could be a player last yr and he just never caught up. Hopefully a light bulb goes off bc I believe he has talent.

I seen it dawg
03-13-2019, 08:42 PM

I like what Lemonis is doing with Riley and Self. Getting innings in where they can have some success and no stress. Work on things and get it figured out. By end of the yr they may both be able to help us as situational righties.

Dawgcap
03-13-2019, 09:02 PM
This is a nasty baseball team. Even with that we are gonna lose several. I’m hoping for an 18-12 to 19-11 type team now. Our pitching has been way more impressive than I thought at this point. Funny thing is we will have some melt if we lose 6-8 in conference. Baseball is a weird game. You will lose and there ain’t shit you can do about it even if you play well

chef dixon
03-13-2019, 09:06 PM
This is a nasty baseball team. Even with that we are gonna lose several. I?m hoping for an 18-12 to 19-11 type team now. Our pitching has been way more impressive than I thought at this point. Funny thing is we will have some melt if we lose 6-8 in conference. Baseball is a weird game. You will lose and there ain?t shit you can do about it even if you play well

19-11 and we are at the top of the league and a lock for a natty seed

BankerDog
03-13-2019, 09:07 PM
It may be time to get TA in LF and have Hatcher at 1st.

The way it?s going right now with Hancock and Jones..we?re gonna have to move one next year. Guys can hit and we also have Ethan H. coming in next year out of Mobile who is the real deal. I?m excited about what the future holds for our program.

viverlibre
03-13-2019, 09:08 PM
Hard to complain now. 12-1

Don't worry we have the dumbest fans, they'll complain.

Dawgcap
03-13-2019, 09:36 PM
19-11 and we are at the top of the league and a lock for a natty seed

I agree. I think that?s the high end but what is funny is the melt in every loss. And the melts will be epic after each one predicting doom. And for some I think that?s what they secretly look for. Again I?m 55 been through the bad times and ain?t happy with a loss but it?s better than the old days where we prayed for wins. I say this across all sports because we had scattered success but now we are competitive in all sports though for many it?s still not enough

Todd4State
03-13-2019, 11:37 PM
I agree. I think that?s the high end but what is funny is the melt in every loss. And the melts will be epic after each one predicting doom. And for some I think that?s what they secretly look for. Again I?m 55 been through the bad times and ain?t happy with a loss but it?s better than the old days where we prayed for wins. I say this across all sports because we had scattered success but now we are competitive in all sports though for many it?s still not enough

To be fair- no one melted after we lost to USM. Which would have been a prime time to melt considering we were shut out and had then lost four in a row to them. Many were saying that if we came back and won the series we would be fine- which we did.

Jarius
03-14-2019, 12:11 AM
I do. Relax and we handled our business for 7 1/2 innings. I absolutely know what the hell Im talking about. Shit it happens but as a coach it's what you have to rail on them about. This isn't Dixie ball. I don't give a shit who you are playing the way we were absent mentally early is a coaching point I promise you Lemonis is hammering their asses with. No way in hell hes saying it's all ok I know it's a long season and y'all were looking to Florida.

You can't win a high school state title like that much less a National Title. We are coaching and playing to win a National Title not beat Grambling. Big picture son.

You are angry a lot.

MarketingBully
03-14-2019, 12:13 AM
To be fair- no one melted after we lost to USM. Which would have been a prime time to melt considering we were shut out and had then lost four in a row to them. Many were saying that if we came back and won the series we would be fine- which we did.

We are 16-1. There’s nothing to melt over. If we win the series this weekend, that would be excellent and set us up extremely well. If we take 1 of 3, it still doesn’t kill us. As long as we take one this weekend, I’ll be happy. Baseball is a different animal then any other sport. 19-11 in the league sets us up perfectly and gets us a national seed. I’m not too worried about the baseball team.

Dawgcap
03-14-2019, 12:36 AM
My point is the melt is coming every weekend. If we win every series 2-1 it’s gonna be be on. Now imagine the 1-2 weekends. Sad some can’t understand that shit happens. Now to be fair the group in this thread understands. I’m talking about the many who will doom us after every loss

I seen it dawg
03-14-2019, 05:29 AM
You are angry a lot.

No not really. See you read my post as me yelling and screaming I assume. Assumed wrong.

Jarius
03-14-2019, 06:59 AM
No I read your posts as you wrote it. Cussing out our effort because it was not a blowout until the 5th inning. You go off the rails constantly. Hey, it is a message board. If you need to vent, that is fine. Our players did not get an ass chewing and then wake up. That is really not how any of this works. This is not football.

Todd4State
03-14-2019, 07:13 AM
We are 16-1. There’s nothing to melt over. If we win the series this weekend, that would be excellent and set us up extremely well. If we take 1 of 3, it still doesn’t kill us. As long as we take one this weekend, I’ll be happy. Baseball is a different animal then any other sport. 19-11 in the league sets us up perfectly and gets us a national seed. I’m not too worried about the baseball team.

I agree. I just don't understand people on here worrying about our fans melting when it hasn't really happened yet.

I seen it dawg
03-14-2019, 09:02 PM
No I read your posts as you wrote it. Cussing out our effort because it was not a blowout until the 5th inning. You go off the rails constantly. Hey, it is a message board. If you need to vent, that is fine. Our players did not get an ass chewing and then wake up. That is really not how any of this works. This is not football.

I'm fine with my stance. And at this point you saying I don't know how this works I'm ok with as I'm really comfortable in my knowledge of how this works. You're being pretty dramatic. Piss off.

Jarius
03-15-2019, 01:27 AM
I'm fine with my stance. And at this point you saying I don't know how this works I'm ok with as I'm really comfortable in my knowledge of how this works. You're being pretty dramatic. Piss off.

Hail State I seen It dawg. Have an outstanding weekend.