PDA

View Full Version : Auburn suspends Asst Coach - Ira Bowman

ScoobaDawg
03-13-2019, 12:49 PM

Philip Esformes paid 300k to have his son play at Penn. Bowman knew and was involved.
What a shocker.. the Great bruce pearl hires this guy..to replace Chuck Person..who was fired following an arrest in the fall of 2017 on six federal bribery and fraud charges tied to alleged payments made to the families of Auburn players

Commercecomet24
03-13-2019, 12:51 PM
Bruce Pearl is so crooked he has to screw his socks on.

basedog
03-13-2019, 01:06 PM

LMBO

+1

Jack Lambert
03-13-2019, 01:14 PM
Pearl is hiring fall guys.

mstatefan91
03-13-2019, 01:16 PM
This is starting to spiral.. much needed

Martianlander
03-13-2019, 02:29 PM

Philip Esformes paid 300k to have his son play at Penn. Bowman knew and was involved.
What a shocker.. the Great bruce pearl hires this guy..to replace Chuck Person..who was fired following an arrest in the fall of 2017 on six federal bribery and fraud charges tied to alleged payments made to the families of Auburn players
Bruce promised Person he would get him a roommate.

Ari Gold
03-13-2019, 05:01 PM
It’s so Auburn that guy is still coaching.
But hey when you are All In you are All In.

BeardoMSU
03-13-2019, 05:07 PM

Bra. Vo.

https://i.imgur.com/CXmLhHJ.gif

LC Dawg
03-13-2019, 05:47 PM
The fact that Bruce Pearl is coaching in the SEC proves that the SEC does not care about the integrity of their basketball league. Pearl is a slimeball and has been proven to have cheated at every coaching stop he's had and one of those was an earlier stint at an SEC school.
The SEC dropped down the pecking order in college basketball and the SEC does not like to not be the big dog. Sankey and everyone at the league office know what Pearl, Wade, and other coaches are doing to raise up the SEC profile. They know the shoe companies involvement. I was shocked when Auburn hired Pearl but I do think it was a little desperation by the league. I know college basketball is nasty dirty but I still didn't figure a league that would (later) block Hugh Freeze from being an assistant football coach would let Pearl be a head basketball coach.
I hope Auburn and LSU get hammered but even if they do someone will still probably hire Pearl and Wade.

Goldendawg
03-13-2019, 09:44 PM
The fact that Bruce Pearl is coaching in the SEC proves that the SEC does not care about the integrity of their basketball league. Pearl is a slimeball and has been proven to have cheated at every coaching stop he's had and one of those was an earlier stint at an SEC school.
The SEC dropped down the pecking order in college basketball and the SEC does not like to not be the big dog. Sankey and everyone at the league office know what Pearl, Wade, and other coaches are doing to raise up the SEC profile. They know the shoe companies involvement. I was shocked when Auburn hired Pearl but I do think it was a little desperation by the league. I know college basketball is nasty dirty but I still didn't figure a league that would (later) block Hugh Freeze from being an assistant football coach would let Pearl be a head basketball coach.
I hope Auburn and LSU get hammered but even if they do someone will still probably hire Pearl and Wade.

Some of you need to do a little more research on the SEC looking the other way on dirty coaches. Ever heard of that "Coach Cal" guy at Ky and the problems that UMass and Memphis had shortly after he left. How about "Saint" Lou Holz? Check out how many of his former schools went on probation after he conveniently left for other opportunities. How about the SEC's new rule to let Scam play "because he was unaware of his Dad's proposed shakedown of us"? AU released a statement that this asst. coach was not being investigated for anything done during his time at AU." That's like saying that Al Capone never got into any trouble during his time in Chicago! The list goes on, especially in how the SEC office looks the other way for the "big boys".

LC Dawg
03-13-2019, 10:18 PM
Some of you need to do a little more research on the SEC looking the other way on dirty coaches. Ever heard of that "Coach Cal" guy at Ky and the problems that UMass and Memphis had shortly after he left. How about "Saint" Lou Holz? Check out how many of his former schools went on probation after he conveniently left for other opportunities. How about the SEC's new rule to let Scam play "because he was unaware of his Dad's proposed shakedown of us"? AU released a statement that this asst. coach was not being investigated for anything done during his time at AU." That's like saying that Al Capone never got into any trouble during his time in Chicago! The list goes on, especially in how the SEC office looks the other way for the "big boys".

Bruce Pearl received a show cause for his tenure at an SEC school and was hired by another SEC school BEFORE the show cause ended. That's different from the examples you mentioned in my opinion.
Auburn basketball is not a big boy. It would have been easy to block them hiring Pearl. I think the SEC being down helped Auburn in getting him hired and it's probably going to bite them in the ass like a lot of their hires - Cam Newton notwithstanding.

Goldendawg
03-13-2019, 10:50 PM
Bruce Pearl received a show cause for his tenure at an SEC school and was hired by another SEC school BEFORE the show cause ended. That's different from the examples you mentioned in my opinion.
Auburn basketball is not a big boy. It would have been easy to block them hiring Pearl. I think the SEC being down helped Auburn in getting him hired and it's probably going to bite them in the ass like a lot of their hires - Cam Newton notwithstanding.

In referring to AU has a SEC "big boy", I was thinking more of the $EC's decision to keep Scam eligible and help AU win the FB National Championship.

Commercecomet24
03-13-2019, 11:27 PM
Bra. Vo.

https://i.imgur.com/CXmLhHJ.gif

Thank you, sir!