PDA

View Full Version : With Kennedy out at A&M

basedog
03-12-2019, 05:22 PM
You think Stans will go after the job?

shannondawg
03-12-2019, 05:53 PM
Better question will they go after Stans.

smootness
03-12-2019, 05:56 PM
Better question will they go after Stans.

Right, I imagine he'd definitely want it, and I'm sure they'll discuss him.

He's been decent, not great, at WKU.

basedog
03-12-2019, 06:30 PM
Meaning will his agent but his name in the hat.

msbulldog
03-12-2019, 06:31 PM
I'd hate to recruit against him, because he's good, but Howland is a better recruiter!

TXDawg
03-12-2019, 06:39 PM
I'd hate to recruit against him, because he's good, but Howland is a better recruiter!

I know it’s OT and I know I’m going to get blasted for it, but oh well. Given Howlan’s reputation as a recruiter and his historical ties with Adidas execs, is anyone else worried about him/us getting caught up in this FBI probe? Personally, I’ve been worried since the news started leaking and, frankly, the Will Wade story hits WAY too close to home.

msbulldog
03-12-2019, 06:52 PM
I know it’s OT and I know I’m going to get blasted for it, but oh well. Given Howlan’s reputation as a recruiter and his historical ties with Adidas execs, is anyone else worried about him/us getting caught up in this FBI probe? Personally, I’ve been worried since the news started leaking and, frankly, the Will Wade story hits WAY too close to home.

TXDawg, I can promise you Bracky has been all over this for 2 years. That's when the first news broke about the FBI and everything that has come out listing suspects and schools, MSU has been left out.

TXDawg
03-12-2019, 07:06 PM
TXDawg, I can promise you Bracky has been all over this for 2 years. That's when the first news broke about the FBI and everything that has come out listing suspects and schools, MSU has been left out.

There’s no doubt that Bracky is anal as anyone. However, Nick is still sitting...

Until the FBI is done, though, I can’t help but think we should be worried.

shoeless joe
03-12-2019, 08:18 PM
There’s no doubt that Bracky is anal as anyone. However, Nick is still sitting...

Until the FBI is done, though, I can’t help but think we should be worried.

He’s not sitting because of adidas

Gutter Cobreh
03-12-2019, 08:21 PM
He’s not sitting because of adidas

Nor can TXDawg even spell our coach's name correctly when he hijacks a thread...

Ari Gold
03-12-2019, 08:52 PM

It’s not just the adidas schools , and if CBH was even remotely under any suspicion on an FBI dealings the whole program would be on lock down..

Ari Gold
03-12-2019, 08:55 PM
And regarding TxAM coaching search... if they have all the jack like everyone says you throw as much as you can at Gregg Marshall and make him say No.
I know for a fact that he was extremely close to getting that Bama Job so it doesn’t necessarily have to be a blue blood hoops schoo if he were to leave the Shockers.

Saltydog
03-13-2019, 08:00 AM
nevermind.............

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2019, 08:29 AM
And regarding TxAM coaching search... if they have all the jack like everyone says you throw as much as you can at Gregg Marshall and make him say No.
I know for a fact that he was extremely close to getting that Bama Job so it doesn?t necessarily have to be a blue blood hoops schoo if he were to leave the Shockers.

Gregg Marshall's name has cooled off considerably in the last few years. If they're going to throw money at someone I'd have to imagine it'll be Eric Musselman at Nevada. If Kelvin Sampson didn't have all the NCAA baggage I would imagine he's be the logical choice since he already recruits the state of Texas at Houston. But Buzz Williams seems to be the candidate they're locked in on. If it's him just get ready, the SEC will be that much tougher of a league.

Dawg61
03-13-2019, 08:45 AM
This ain't football and Texas A&M ain't Texas. I smell a meh hire coming soon.

Dawg61
03-13-2019, 08:48 AM

LSU isn't Adidas they are a Nike school. So is Ole Miss.

msstate7
03-13-2019, 08:51 AM
If I were aTm, I'd say screw it and get kelvin sampson

Ari Gold
03-13-2019, 08:59 AM
Gregg Marshall's name has cooled off considerably in the last few years. If they're going to throw money at someone I'd have to imagine it'll be Eric Musselman at Nevada. If Kelvin Sampson didn't have all the NCAA baggage I would imagine he's be the logical choice since he already recruits the state of Texas at Houston. But Buzz Williams seems to be the candidate they're locked in on. If it's him just get ready, the SEC will be that much tougher of a league.

100% incorrect..
it may have cooled a little because of the nice fat contract he got but not because of production
Going into this year ..
8 consecutive NCAA tourneys
A final 4
He has basically won 20 games or more every season and sprinkle in a few 30 win seasons

If thats cooling off then damn...

Not saying he would even consider the job, but if AM likes to throw money around and wants a top tier coach theres your starting point

StarkVegasSteve
03-13-2019, 09:05 AM
100% incorrect..
it may have cooled a little because of the nice fat contract he got but not because of production
Going into this year ..
8 consecutive NCAA tourneys
A final 4
He has basically won 20 games or more every season and sprinkle in a few 30 win seasons

If thats cooling off then damn...

Not saying he would even consider the job, but if AM likes to throw money around and wants a top tier coach theres your starting point

Yea I should've specified that's it's cooled off more because he's turned down so many jobs more than a production dip, akin to Mark Few during the mid 00s. However, it sounds like A&M is locked in on Buzz Williams.

ScoobaDawg
03-13-2019, 09:12 AM
nevermind.............
Some habits are just hard to break eh?

Saltydog
03-13-2019, 01:39 PM
Some habits are just hard to break eh?

YES! Yes, indeed.......

Dawg61
03-13-2019, 02:33 PM
If I were aTm, I'd say screw it and get kelvin sampson

Pitino

msstate7
03-13-2019, 02:37 PM
Pitino

Even better

MarketingBully
03-13-2019, 09:55 PM
I know it?s OT and I know I?m going to get blasted for it, but oh well. Given Howlan?s reputation as a recruiter and his historical ties with Adidas execs, is anyone else worried about him/us getting caught up in this FBI probe? Personally, I?ve been worried since the news started leaking and, frankly, the Will Wade story hits WAY too close to home.

We are not involved in the FBI probe period.