PDA

View Full Version : Preston Smith signs 52 Mil deal with Packers, 16 Mil guaranteed

Tbonewannabe
03-12-2019, 11:03 AM
Packers have signed Preston Smith and Zadarius Smith in free agency to change up their pass rush. Interesting to see 2 SEC guys at the Packers.

Ifyouonlyknew
03-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Actually it's $16mil signing bonus. $27.5 guaranteed 1st 2yrs.

parabrave
03-12-2019, 11:53 AM
Dak has 2 things to be excited about, new contract and he doesn't have to face Preston Smith 2 times a year anymore.

BeardoMSU
03-12-2019, 11:56 AM

Nice.

Tbonewannabe
03-12-2019, 12:25 PM

That is awesome. I just saw a blurb so I probably misread it.

gtowndawg
03-12-2019, 12:59 PM
Haven't done the math but after it's all said and done, Mullen's rosters might produce a billion dollar's worth of NFL contracts. I'm including this years picks in that and long term contract potential of all players (Dak, etc).

Tbonewannabe
03-12-2019, 01:36 PM
Haven't done the math but after it's all said and done, Mullen's rosters might produce a billion dollar's worth of NFL contracts. I'm including this years picks in that and long term contract potential of all players (Dak, etc).

If you include guys he inherited from Croom: Sherrod (1st Round pick), Anthony Dixon (6 years in the NFL), KJ Wright (about to get paid again), Jamar Chaney, Kyle Love, and that doesn't include guys that were coming to State before Mullen took over like Fletcher Cox, Jon Banks, Josh Boyd, Gabe Jackson, Pernell McPhee (might be a Mullen recruit), and that doesn't include the guys who just didn't play long like Cam Lawrence and Skinner.

Dak and Chris Jones gets their extensions and we will definitely get close.

gtowndawg
03-12-2019, 03:37 PM
Darius Slay, Gabe Jackson, Fletcher Cox and Preston Smith equals $250 million in contracts alone. Chris Jones, Benardrick McKinney and of course Dak will sign huge contracts soon that will probably add another $200 million to that number. That gets you close to half a billion. I'm not included players that have good (but not huge) contracts like Denico Autry, McPhee, etc. We will see what KJ does on a new contract and as I said earlier what our current draft guys will produce over their careers.

Mullen's players will absolutely produce a billion dollars (probably more) worth of contracts once it's all said and done. That's why we are living thru the golden age of State football. We've had a lot of NFL talent over the last decade.

Jack Lambert
03-12-2019, 03:44 PM
Remember going into his Senior year everyone was questioning his play on the field? That sit down with Mullen did wonders for him.