PDA

View Full Version : Da Raiders

msstate7
03-11-2019, 07:10 AM
Got antonio brown, and potentially adding Le'Veon bell. They have #4, #24, #27, and #35 pick. Watch out for chuckie next season if they get bell and draft worth a crap

Tbonewannabe
03-11-2019, 09:37 AM
I thought he was crazy letting Mack and Cooper go but he has the chance to rebuild really quickly. I saw an article talking about how getting AB will let him know if Carr is a true franchise QB. They were talking about how Dak was struggling and then got a true #1 WR with Cooper and then got back to Pro Bowl level QB. If Carr doesn't have that kind of turn around then the Raiders could try and get another QB in next year's draft.

I have seen some mock drafts that have Sweat to the Raiders at #4. I think that would be a great fit if it happens.

Leroy Jenkins
03-11-2019, 09:43 AM
What was the last team to win a Super Bowl with a diva WR?

parabrave
03-11-2019, 10:44 AM
What did the raiders give up for Brown? Well when your QB is Carr of K Murray it still doesn't matter who you have at WR.

coachnorm
03-11-2019, 12:23 PM
I have had exposure to many NFL players over the years. I was affiliated with Martin Bayless who used to run a foundation for free football camps for youth. Martin used mostly NFL players and additional high school and junior college coaches to support the free youth camps. I had privileged access to scores of NFL players in this environment. Also I was hired by Dennis Green, now dead, to support regional combines for NFL evaluations and I had additional access to many NFL players. Because I did not get a position at Southwestern College in San Diego, I coached high school football at Lincoln High School. Lincoln High School Head Coach is a former player of Jon Gruden while with the Raiders? His name is David Dunn. David Dunn made a special teams mistake while playing fore the Raiders and Gruden got rid of him. The bad thing is Gruden went out of his way to black ball David after dismissal from the Raiders? Other NFL players that I know have experienced this or have team mates who have received a stab in the back by Gruden? Maybe too many veteran NFL players have a memory of Gruden and Jon had to leave untill new players replaced them?

parabrave
03-11-2019, 12:36 PM
I have had exposure to many NFL players over the years. I was affiliated with Martin Bayless who used to run a foundation for free football camps for youth. Martin used mostly NFL players and additional high school and junior college coaches to support the free youth camps. I had privileged access to scores of NFL players in this environment. Also I was hired by Dennis Green, now dead, to support regional combines for NFL evaluations and I had additional access to many NFL players. Because I did not get a position at Southwestern College in San Diego, I coached high school football at Lincoln High School. Lincoln High School Head Coach is a former player of Jon Gruden while with the Raiders? His name is David Dunn. David Dunn made a special teams mistake while playing fore the Raiders and Gruden got rid of him. The bad thing is Gruden went out of his way to black ball David after dismissal from the Raiders? Other NFL players that I know have experienced this or have team mates who have received a stab in the back by Gruden? Maybe too many veteran NFL players have a memory of Gruden and Jon had to leave untill new players replaced them?

Gruden is about Gruden and no one else. Just remember he went to the Super Bowl with Tony Dungees team!

msstate7
03-11-2019, 12:47 PM
Gruden is about Gruden and no one else. Just remember he went to the Super Bowl with Tony Dungees team!

He beat his raider team in the super bowl though

smootness
03-11-2019, 01:03 PM
May just be me, but I think replacing a 24-year old WR and a 28-year old pass rusher (who may be the best in the league) with a 30-year old WR and a 28-year old RB is a loss overall.

I know Brown and Bell have been great, but they're both very close to the age at which you typically see sometimes steep decline.

parabrave
03-11-2019, 01:03 PM
He beat his raider team in the super bowl though

So you are saying that in reality Tony Beat Jon.****

BuckyIsAB****
03-11-2019, 01:10 PM
I dont think the Raiders have the money to get him

msstate7
03-11-2019, 01:13 PM
May just be me, but I think replacing a 24-year old WR and a 28-year old pass rusher (who may be the best in the league) with a 30-year old WR and a 28-year old RB is a loss overall.

I know Brown and Bell have been great, but they're both very close to the age at which you typically see sometimes steep decline.

Hard to say... who they getting with the 2 1st round picks they got trading the wr and pass rusher?

Gutter Cobreh
03-11-2019, 03:19 PM
I thought he was crazy letting Mack and Cooper go but he has the chance to rebuild really quickly. I saw an article talking about how getting AB will let him know if Carr is a true franchise QB. They were talking about how Dak was struggling and then got a true #1 WR with Cooper and then got back to Pro Bowl level QB. If Carr doesn't have that kind of turn around then the Raiders could try and get another QB in next year's draft.

I have seen some mock drafts that have Sweat to the Raiders at #4. I think that would be a great fit if it happens.

I don't understand this... they attribute Prescott's success to Cooper, yet Cooper was traded from the Raiders and Carr. How can AB affirm Carr, when Cooper is the common denominator of their assessment? Are they saying Cooper wasn't a true #1 in Oakland, but magically became one when he arrived in Dallas?

Carr hasn't been the same since he broke his leg. Until he gets past that injury, you can trot out Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Calvin Johnson for him and it wouldn't matter. AB is going to tear that locker room apart, especially since he's locked in with guaranteed money now.

Cowbell
03-11-2019, 03:29 PM

This is what I hear as well. I know people from Tampa that know him and know his past players personally and they have nothing good to say. Nothing. Except for his wife. Apparently she is a saint that keeps him from making more enemies. They say there is a special place in heaven for what she has endured as his wife.

Tbonewannabe
03-11-2019, 06:24 PM
I don't understand this... they attribute Prescott's success to Cooper, yet Cooper was traded from the Raiders and Carr. How can AB affirm Carr, when Cooper is the common denominator of their assessment? Are they saying Cooper wasn't a true #1 in Oakland, but magically became one when he arrived in Dallas?

Carr hasn't been the same since he broke his leg. Until he gets past that injury, you can trot out Jerry Rice, Randy Moss, and Calvin Johnson for him and it wouldn't matter. AB is going to tear that locker room apart, especially since he's locked in with guaranteed money now.

I don't know why they didn't consider Cooper being the common denominator.

coachnorm
03-11-2019, 08:19 PM
This is what I hear as well. I know people from Tampa that know him and know his past players personally and they have nothing good to say. Nothing. Except for his wife. Apparently she is a saint that keeps him from making more enemies. They say there is a special place in heaven for what she has endured as his wife.

It is great knowing a fellow Elite Dogger is also tuned into Gruden. It is sad that ESPN hired the dirt bag knowing about his past? It is equally sad that they paid him millions of dollars. I wonder if ESPN told prior NFL players, hired at ESPN, to button their mouths and not educate the general sports following public about the back stabber? It is disgraceful that true exposure of Gruden can happen on Elitedawgs but not the national media? I salute you. Cheers

dantheman4248
03-11-2019, 08:36 PM
Speaking as someone who actually watches the raiders and doesn’t regurgitate stupid stats and thoughts and thinks for themself...

Carr was skittish at first this season. Everyone wrote him off. The raiders also had poor OLine play (Hudson & Gabe were the main solid ones.) Cooper was disinterested in being a Raider. He needed a change of scenery. It’s crazy to see that both he and Carr played better without each other.

Trading Cooper, 3rd, 5th for Brown, 1st is wildly good deal. Even with age difference. AB doesn’t have the style that drops off a cliff at 30. He’s more about his RR and agility and smarts than straight being a physical monster.

Also the raiders moved Osmele (who is dropping weight as a future lifestyle choice, good for him, but bad as an nfl OL) and a 6th for a 5th and Trent Brown, while only losing about 4 million in cap (haven’t seen specifics of each). That’s wildly good for going from a decent middle aged guard to a top end LT @ 25.

The real key is how well they hit the first 4 picks of the draft. Wish Sweat hadn’t gotten so much hype because I was hoping he’d be there in the 20s for them. (Ideal draft is Q Williams or J Allen, Sweat, one of the Safeties (Abram or Adderly), and Isabella or Hollywood for WR)

I don’t know who this guy is though that’s just randomly hating on Carr / Gruden though. Gruden won a ring. Dungy couldn’t do it with them cats in Tampa. Gruden could. And Gruden was a bs rule away from doing it in Oakland the year before don’t forget. And the raiders have never been the same since trading gruden even when getting picks supplemented for him.

Cowbell
03-11-2019, 08:54 PM
It is great knowing a fellow Elite Dogger is also tuned into Gruden. It is sad that ESPN hired the dirt bag knowing about his past? It is equally sad that they paid him millions of dollars. I wonder if ESPN told prior NFL players, hired at ESPN, to button their mouths and not educate the general sports following public about the back stabber? It is disgraceful that true exposure of Gruden can happen on Elitedawgs but not the national media? I salute you. Cheers

Same to you sir. This happens in every profession I?m afraid.

BuckyIsAB****
03-11-2019, 10:21 PM
Yea I dont get the Gruden hate.

dantheman4248
03-12-2019, 01:28 AM
It’s crazy how vilified the two guys that want to get paid relative to their worth are the bad apples from the Steelers, while the QB who badmouths teammates and has been accused of sexual assault is the saint. Wonder white that is.

Tbonewannabe
03-12-2019, 09:35 AM
It’s crazy how vilified the two guys that want to get paid relative to their worth are the bad apples from the Steelers, while the QB who badmouths teammates and has been accused of sexual assault is the saint. Wonder white that is.

I don't think it is that as much as the QB has 2 Superbowl rings and is a Hall of Fame shoe in.

Gutter Cobreh
03-12-2019, 09:54 AM

I'm not sure race has anything to do with it, but you keep doing you...

Both players you claim that are being vilified failed to honor contracts they signed. Bell never showed up for the entire season, and AB was suspended for the last game because he failed to show up to practice. Shouldn't they honor the contracts they signed before they start complaining about being paid what they think they are "worth"? Doesn't the market determine their worth? I'm not a Ben fan, but at the same time - the issues in Pittsburgh lay at the coaches feet.

Dawg61
03-12-2019, 10:30 AM
I like watching AB play but he is a total narcissist and was jealous of all the Ju Ju love being shown. He also didn't respect a HOF Qb very much. Bell's argument is cause he had 80 catches a year he should get paid more than the highest paid RB gets. I disagree with his argument.

Tbonewannabe
03-12-2019, 11:00 AM
I'm not sure race has anything to do with it, but you keep doing you...

Both players you claim that are being vilified failed to honor contracts they signed. Bell never showed up for the entire season, and AB was suspended for the last game because he failed to show up to practice. Shouldn't they honor the contracts they signed before they start complaining about being paid what they think they are "worth"? Doesn't the market determine their worth? I'm not a Ben fan, but at the same time - the issues in Pittsburgh lay at the coaches feet.

AB's biggest problem was Hopkins signed a better contract a couple months after he signed his deal. Julio Jones has a lot of the same issues. He was paid the highest WR contract when he signed it but then a couple more guys signed their deals. They want all the guaranteed money up front but then when the back end of the deal that isn't guaranteed rolls around, they want a new deal for guaranteed money.

I don't like the way the NFL can cut players and get rid of contracts but at the same time, they agreed to the contract. It isn't like we are talking about guys making a couple Mil per year either.

Bell, I can totally see his point. He has basically been on a one year deal for several years only he hasn't been paid what he was worth. I think his last season that he had 400 touches and the next highest RB had 300. The NFL looks at RB as used up by 30 and there is only so much "tread on the tires". Bell hasn't been able to even see what his real market value is because the Steelers tag him and get him for a normal RB value and he is a lot more than that. Before JuJu showed up, Bell was basically their #2 receiver along with ProBowl RB.