PDA

View Full Version : Women's Hoops

CadaverDawg
03-10-2019, 03:42 PM
This team is not our best from the last few years, but we are damn good and most importantly we have the best coach in women's basketball. Defense wins Championships, and Vic knows that....so even though I don't think we're the best team in the country, I'm not counting this bunch out against anybody.

And to think that MSU has a women's sport that had me watching on the big screen over baseball today......Vic has really built the greatest program in MSU history in my opinion. And that's saying a lot coming from a guy that you couldn't pay to watch a women's sport 4-5 years ago.

Our other coaches ought to attend a training course taught by Vic

msbulldog
03-10-2019, 03:55 PM
I was at the first women's game and watched a bunch of them because they used to play before the boys. 1st coach was a cute little brunette named Peggy Collins, I think. I am so proud of the 2019 girls, they did something never done before, winning the tournament. So proud that we have a coach of the caliber of Coach Schaefer. You heard it here first, they will win our first national championship!!! HAIL STATE!!! GO GIRLS!! PRAISE THE LORD!!GO DAWGS!!

Leeshouldveflanked
03-10-2019, 04:18 PM
I still think our best team will be 2020-2021 if everything holds together....this year would have been our best so far if Bibby hadn?t become injured..

LC Dawg
03-10-2019, 04:37 PM
Our women may not be the best team but they only have two losses and just got revenge for one of them. I hope they get revenge for the other loss because that means they are in the final four.

Cooterpoot
03-10-2019, 05:10 PM
We aren’t as good defensively or shooting the three. We’re smallish too outside of T. But they know their roles/jobs and pass the ball well.

KOdawg1
03-10-2019, 05:13 PM
I never thought I'd watch another sport over baseball either, but it happened today! I love our team. They're such a joy to watch.

Leroy Jenkins
03-10-2019, 05:30 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1VGRpJXcAElxtE.jpg

-JDog

maroonmania
03-10-2019, 05:38 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D1VGRpJXcAElxtE.jpg

-JDog

Congrats to Coach Vic and the team for winning a tourney championship! Took 6 tries (4 SEC tourney finals, 2 NCAA tourney finals) but we finally won one in the finals. Of course, it helped playing an SEC 10 seed but let's go see what we can do in the NCAA tourney now!

basedog
03-10-2019, 05:40 PM
Next few weeks will determine IF this is our best team. Not so sure this team couldn’t beat our previous teams. Also I think this is Vic’s best defenders.

BuckyIsAB****
03-10-2019, 05:46 PM
If Espinoza and Howard can shoot the 3 the way they did in the tourney (Espinoza in the last game) we are better than anyone.

Todd4State
03-10-2019, 05:49 PM
I think Vic is best coach in MSU history in any sport. And that comes from a big MSU baseball fan. No matter what happens this year he has led us to two National Championship Finals and no other MSU coach can say that. Even more impressive given our history in women's basketball before he became our coach which was nothing to brag about.

maroonmania
03-10-2019, 05:53 PM
If Espinoza and Howard can shoot the 3 the way they did in the tourney (Espinoza in the last game) we are better than anyone.

Scott was on today as well. i think she may have the highest arcing 3 point shot I've ever seen.