PDA

View Full Version : Q and Holman

msstate7
03-10-2019, 08:16 AM
Sad day yesterday to see Q's last home game. What a career. What a great player.

Holman has become our favorite whipping boy on the basketball team, but he's had a really good career. When he's on, we're a really good team. Hopefully he finishes strong and goes out on a great note.

Thank you to both... you helped turn this train wreck around.

BiscuitEater
03-10-2019, 08:22 AM
It took the '96 end of season run for Donte Jones to cement his place in MSU BB lore. Holman has the same opportunity.

basedog
03-10-2019, 10:24 AM
Holman is a class guy, had a tough senior year but the way he handled things is plus one and shows what great character he has.

Q will be in our HOF one day.

Saw Holman encouraging one of our attitude guys yesterday who was pouted and barking back at an assistant.

HoopsDawg
03-10-2019, 10:59 AM
Holman played very well yesterday.

CadaverDawg
03-10-2019, 11:18 AM
I've been hard on Holman this year, but he definitely had a solid career. Hope he goes out in style the next few weeks.

As for Q.....thank you for coming to State. You will be sorely missed

msbulldog
03-10-2019, 12:40 PM
Peters and Holman both had days yesterday like we expect from them! I hope this is an indication of things to come in the post-season, like Dontae Jones in 1996 as referenced in the prior post.

fishwater99
03-10-2019, 06:02 PM
Peters and Holman both had days yesterday like we expect from them! I hope this is an indication of things to come in the post-season, like Dontae Jones in 1996 as referenced in the prior post.

It's time to show out and get drafted for those two.

99jc
03-10-2019, 06:06 PM

Peters doesn't dunk enough.

Dawgcap
03-10-2019, 06:11 PM
I’ve been overly optimistic on these guys but we have a loss coming in the SEC tournament. Don’t melt and shit on this team. They deserve better

MarketingBully
03-10-2019, 06:26 PM
Holman played like he was capable of yesterday. If he plays like that from here on out, someone will take a chance on him in the second round. When he plays like he is capable of, he is a stat stuffer. He can get you 15 points 8 boards 3-4 assists and 2-3 blocks. That’s why Howland said we need Holman playing well to get us where we want to go. Peters just needs to value the ball more. We don’t need him to make the spectacular play. We just need him to drive to the basket draw the defense and either get it to our bigs or kick it out to Q or Tyson for an open 3. When he plays off the ball, we just need him to come off those double screens ready to shoot. If he does those things, he will get himself going and we can make the Sweet 16. It’s not rocket science. These guys just need to do what they are capable of and not try to do too much.

MarketingBully
03-10-2019, 06:27 PM
Holman stats yesterday - 16 points 9 boards 2 assists and 1 block and importantly 0 turnovers.

MarketingBully
03-10-2019, 06:30 PM

I’d love to see Peters at 15 ppg and 7 assists and Holman 15 ppg 8 boards 3 assists and 2 blocks in the post season. If they do that, they will get drafted and we will get to the Sweet 16.

MarketingBully
03-10-2019, 06:31 PM
I’ve been overly optimistic on these guys but we have a loss coming in the SEC tournament. Don’t melt and shit on this team. They deserve better

As long as we don’t lose that first game, I’d be okay with it.